Showcase - January 4-10, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

STRWAY

Battle Points: 1
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

@Marc Duncan loved the guitar parts, sounded so nasty
@Dnz The Mnc the sample on the second track is dope and i also liked the drum loop but i think you could add something more just to give some diversity to the beat

O

oceanbeats

Producer from dallas, take a listen and let me know what you guys think.

N

natra

@oceanbeats I personally feel like it's missing something. Besides that I liked it. I'm new on the scene I guess. If I could get some feedback I'd appreciate.

Last edited by a moderator:

STRWAY

[/QUOTE]
@natra I agree with @tomkillsjerry, i think you could work a little bit more on the mix, just to give a diferent vibe throughout the track. And i think the sample would be even sicker if ith had some other different sounds

@tomkillsjerry mate, i loved the vibe on your beat and the parts with the guitar...man, so dope, very relaxing!!

Bohni

@tomkillsjerry Love this beat, epecially the strumming (?) guitar! I personally would have mixed the shakers and HH less up front.

@SMP I think the beat could have a bit more variaty in it. The concept is solid, mix is ok, but it gets too repetitive for my taste.

my 2 cents -
@Dnz The Mnc - I'm diggin the idea on your second beat but it feels like it needs some kind of pad or sample in there to thicken the arrangement.
@tomkillsjerry - both tracks you posted are dope plain and simple with the right amount of uniqueness, but i feel they need some kind of upward sound or sample drop right before the beat comes in to let us know we're about to get hit with something serious!
@STRWAY - I had to turn my volume up really loud to hear it so maybe think about some limiting if you want it to be louder, otherwise i like the track but that guitar part was distracting me from the arrangement's momentum a bit.
@natra - the style you have on this is irresistible and fun to listen to but I agree with what natra and tom said that it could benefit even more from having an arrangement around it somehow.
@Bohni - I like the chill vibe on your synths here, dope track!

Posted this beat a few months ago but we put Drake's Back to Back acapella on it and I'd like to get some feedback.

ColeSllaw

ColeSllaw
Battle Points: 17
@Bohni Yoooooo that was fresh, love when people kill a chill ass vibe. Keep working man.
Made this today, hope you like it.

Rodas

I don't even know
Battle Points: 43
@Bohni Yoooooo that was fresh, love when people kill a chill ass vibe. Keep working man.
Made this today, hope you like it.

I'd change the snares, they're too tight; I'd also do some changes around the 30sec mark, maybe keep the low end synth from earlier. But other than that it's a really dope beat, I like the change ups and if you can put a good rapper on it, it can be a really dope song :)

I haven't been "working" recently, but this is the last beat I made

<iframe width="660" height="170" src="
Nothing here yet.
" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:

STRWAY

@Rodas that beat is awesome in my opinion man. Really dig the melody. I just think that the bass is with a little too much power, maybe if you can eq it or something and make more space between notes i think that would be even better
">

I made this one yesterday. I'm getting frustrated with the mixing cause my speakers are shit, but well, take a listen and give me some feedback please.

Last edited:

TheRealAGE

I'm giving honest feedback and typing as I listen to each beat. Take no offense yall I'm just giving you my truth lol Also anyone who just posted and did not give feedback will not be getting feedback from me. Thread rules are simple.

@Dnz The Mnc really like the sample on the first beat. Drums were mediocre tho. Did not compliment it well. The second beat is dope. Those drums fit very nicely with the sample. I wish there was more progression other than a simple loop. But its still pretty dope!

@Marc Duncan you always post but never reply and give feedback so you will not get mine.

@tomkillsjerry this is interesting. I was expecting a hip hop beat to happen but when the intro/build kept going i realized it wasnt one. Not bad overall but not great for this style of music. The synths are kind of plain and not very pleasing to my ear. Its hard for to be unbiased cuz i dont really like that style of production. I'd like to hear you back on your hip hop stuff man!

@STRWAY sounds very basic. Sound selection needs to be better. It sounds like a very "Stock" beginners beat.

@Bohni drums sound nice. synths are not great. The bells are good. But the leads are meh. To many frequencies taking up the same space. Beat needs better EQ overall on the synths.

@The Intangiblez Beat is dope. And the vocals fit nicely on it. i wish there was a higher quality of the acapella. Its pretty low quality. Your beat is fire tho. Drums on point. 808 dope. Good synth work. Great trap beat.

@ColeSllaw some pretty cool sounds/vibes. But the drums need alot of work. They need to be way bigger and fatter. The whole mix overall is too soft.

@Rodas this sample sounds so familiar!! i cannot think of where ive heard it tho. Love the vibe of it. Ahh man i was hoping for some crazy dope drums to drop...keep working bro. If you had some crazy J. Cole style drums on this it would a hit! That sample is clutch.

I think i got everyone who gave feedback back. Here is my new beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online