Showcase - January 5-11, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Matrix

yesterday I made this

I would've liked to have heard the entire song (unless that's it) to hear the full progression of the track.

But what you've go here is pretty good. Melody sounds sampled, either way it was a good choice. Has a boom bapish feel to it. I feel the drums could've hit a bit harder especially the snare...it could use more compression, a totally new snare or layer it with another to make it fuller. Think of the snare from Gangstarr's "Right Where U Stand".

Something I was working on. I was going for a Army of the Pharaohs/Vinnie Paz style-beat. How do the mix and master sound? What would change and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Detroitfred

yesterday I made this

I really like this beat, it's reminds me of like a 90 New York beat. I'm interested in how it will sound as a whole.
Something I was working on. I was going for a Army of the Pharaohs/Vinnie Paz style-beat. How do the mix and master sound? What would change and why?

Yours is a different sound for me. I had to go check them out. I'm really digging this string throughout the song and the bell.
This is one I just made last night. I feel like there's something missing though

Battle Points: 30
I really like this beat, it's reminds me of like a 90 New York beat. I'm interested in how it will sound as a whole.

Yours is a different sound for me. I had to go check them out. I'm really digging this string throughout the song and the bell.
This is one I just made last night. I feel like there's something missing though

try to add some reverb at the choir and the brass

N

Nate_JG

Check out my SoundCloud page in the sig. Got most of my beats on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online