Showcase - July 14-20, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
Here's a little something I've been working on, kind of ragga/hiphop with some orchestral samples and a crazy organ going on. Any feedback appreciated!

As a sound engineer, I appreciated the overall level of the mix, and the use of panning. It added so much more life to the song verses the stale "keep everything panned center." This song has potential in the genre you placed it in, but the bass could use more beefiness, since most reggae songs have basslines that hum the speakers. If you do decide to beef up the bassline, keep it consistent with the current mix, and you should have a winner with this one.

Nothing here yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: PHL

athagreat

Battle Points: 48
Here's a little something I've been working on, kind of ragga/hiphop with some orchestral samples and a crazy organ going on. Any feedback appreciated!

Im diggin the vibe from this one its mixed well and i like the way it changes up

Nothing here yet.

This one is straight hip hop im diggin it

Check this one out and let me know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chubbs66

Beautiful noise, yeah, like athagreat said, straight up hiphop. solid production, i'd like to hear an mc over it. i reckon it could do with a bridge or something but the breakdowns are nice.

As for my track, I'll definitely work on fattening up the bass. i haven't been working with a sub, just these littlwe jpw hifi bookshelf speakers. i've just hooked up a makeshift sub so i'll have another go on the bassline!

athagreat - cool track. i like where it breaks down about 3 minutes in. i reckon some of the higher sounds are a bit too up front in the mix but that could just be my tastes.

athagreat

Battle Points: 48
Beautiful noise, yeah, like athagreat said, straight up hiphop. solid production, i'd like to hear an mc over it. i reckon it could do with a bridge or something but the breakdowns are nice.

As for my track, I'll definitely work on fattening up the bass. i haven't been working with a sub, just these littlwe jpw hifi bookshelf speakers. i've just hooked up a makeshift sub so i'll have another go on the bassline!

athagreat - cool track. i like where it breaks down about 3 minutes in. i reckon some of the higher sounds are a bit too up front in the mix but that could just be my tastes.

Please like the video if you get the chance

This beat is interesting. Sounds a bit like something that would work great in a video game. And I'm saying that as a compliment. You can shop that to some kid shows or video game production companies. Might be just what they are looking for.

@PHL Fam, that beat you just posted. whewwwww. I love the staccato flutes and nice touch on the lead guitar in the beginning. real nice. That's hip hop right there.

Reactions: PHL

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Thanks for the love FAM. Fantastic 1 is one of my top 3 favorites that I've made so far.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
A: you definitely got that bassline straight. The overall mix of the chords needs a little bit of tweeking...some are more up front than others. Fix this little bug and you got a banger here.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
@Beautiful Noise Damn bro, the beat is tight. I really dig this. 5/5 !

Brand new beat ''The Revenge"

DAMN! This beat is dope because it plays with your mind, but takes you on an unexpected turn when that double time drum pattern drops. Definitely a challenge for any emcee/lyricist to spit those double time lyrics. #Bravo

ThreadyBeats

Battle Points: 6
Im diggin the vibe from this one its mixed well and i like the way it changes up

This one is straight hip hop im diggin it

Check this one out and let me know what you think.

The mix is well and I'm digging the horn hits. It maybe seems too compressed like the drums don't "pop," I hope that helps (I'm new to the whole mastering game).

Here's one I made yesterday, let me know what yall think!

Status
Not open for further replies.