Showcase - July 16-22, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
guess i will start it off. all feedback will be returned.

Nice remix @Matt-D I like the acoustic drum on this. Although the second pattern sounds a little ''flat", without dynamics. I like the first one more. Synth pads are ok, kind of retro, and i think bass guitar bassline will suite this piece better.

there is a lot of music that i do that i don't post on illmuzik because it maybe too mainstream (i guess) anyway here is a track that was excepted by The Blumhouse film company for their movie soundtrack "BEHIND YOU" it's a horror movie that will be released sometime in 2019...so it's just your basic track for movies because they will always chop up your song in editing anyway..idk, i got paid. but this is totally out of what you guys normally here from me...let me know what you think

Have't posted anything for a while...This is something that i came up with couple of days ago. I guess it's more of a trappy sounding piece. I'm heading for a vacation tomorrow. I'll be back in couple of days. I will leave feedback when I'm back.
Nothing here yet.
@crosstevsky , nice beat. I would like to see you add more to this one day..like strings or brass a little break in the middle. Just needs a few add one, but I like what you got so far... enjoy your vacation. I just got back last Wednesday from camping and fishing with my family.

Last edited:

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
@Matt-D - Sounds nice and clean. I like all the sounds used in the background.

@crosstevsky - Trappy indeed, that xylophone sound adds a lot of tension. I'm with DEEZ BEATZ on adding a bit more to it once you're back from vacation and I'd say it's a wrap.

@DEEZ BEATZ - I work on a bunch of other types of music too, this is perfect for a movie soundtrack. I can't really add much more to this because you obviously know what you're doing. Everything is sounding top notch.

Kiada

guess i will start it off. all feedback will be returned.

Nice synth work. Hi-hats are a bit low for my tastes, but I like to sit the hats right above you and clear in the mix. Some really atmospheric pads, but the a cappella feels a bit loud - especially in the hook. I'm actually a fan of that rolling kick drum, wasn't too sure at first. Doesn't feel like the bass is clear enough though. Minus a few mixing things, it's generally on point. Good job.

Have't posted anything for a while...This is something that i came up with couple of days ago. I guess it's more of a trappy sounding piece. I'm heading for a vacation tomorrow. I'll be back in couple of days. I will leave feedback when I'm back.
Nothing here yet.

Mix feels a little muddy. Too much reverb maybe? I like the volume of the drums. The kick really hits you in the gut and the snare lands on your head. Quite a short snippet, listened to it three times now and not sure what else to comment on!

there is a lot of music that i do that i don't post on illmuzik because it maybe too mainstream (i guess) anyway here is a track that was excepted by The Blumhouse film company for their movie soundtrack "BEHIND YOU" it's a horror movie that will be released sometime in 2019...so it's just your basic track for movies because they will always chop up your song in editing anyway..idk, i got paid. but this is totally out of what you guys normally here from me...let me know what you think

Ahh piano + strings, classic combination. The synth around 50 seconds woke me up. Love it.. the high attack synths that follow are sweet too. Not sure on the snare, the weird after-pop it makes (around 1:40) makes it stick out a little to my ears. If I hadn't read your post before playing (for a film) I would have said it sounds a little.. corny? but its for a film and you got paid, so who really cares. Nice piece.

Nice synth work. Hi-hats are a bit low for my tastes, but I like to sit the hats right above you and clear in the mix. Some really atmospheric pads, but the a cappella feels a bit loud - especially in the hook. I'm actually a fan of that rolling kick drum, wasn't too sure at first. Doesn't feel like the bass is clear enough though. Minus a few mixing things, it's generally on point. Good job.

Mix feels a little muddy. Too much reverb maybe? I like the volume of the drums. The kick really hits you in the gut and the snare lands on your head. Quite a short snippet, listened to it three times now and not sure what else to comment on!

Ahh piano + strings, classic combination. The synth around 50 seconds woke me up. Love it.. the high attack synths that follow are sweet too. Not sure on the snare, the weird after-pop it makes (around 1:40) makes it stick out a little to my ears. If I hadn't read your post before playing (for a film) I would have said it sounds a little.. corny? but its for a film and you got paid, so who really cares. Nice piece.
Thank you for feedback bruh and for having the balls to call it corny cause it is...the most basic track I have ever made. The crazy part is if it doesn't get edited out along with the scene, because you can get selected for a soundtrack and it doesn't even gets added to the film..and that's why they sell Ost's cause a lot of tracks that are selected don't always make it on the actual film production...yeah I got paid but the real money comes from movie and video sales..they sell More than the OST's

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
whats going on illmuzik...its a sunny warm day in virginia...im at work like always I practically live here...I have a beat id like to share with you all but before I do, ill leave feedback on all your joints first...

@Matt-D ive never heard the original track from Logic but I think this shit sounds dope with your beat man the change ups and shit in the drums and all the synth sounds are awesome man...instrumental sounds dope and simple but the real work to this is the work in the song structure as he's rapping and the timing to everything is spot on...awesome mix by the way this sounds incredible...

@crosstevsky Romanian funk...nice title name lol... love the bouncing xylophones … a little short but that's ok my only thing was there was a whole lot of room to freak this beat a little more...overall not bad it had a good energy for such a short beat

@DEEZ BEATZ please continue to share whatever tracks and stories you got with us man, I cant speak for everyone but e personally when I read that shit it inspires a nobody like myself to keep going with this music shit, I mean your music is in a movie dog! a movie! that's incredible to hear I know it might be just a check to you but that kind of shit inspires me who knows maybe one day my music can be in a movie...and this track is incredibly refreshing to hear composition wise I am a big fan of yours good job og

@Low G nice to meet you good sir...this beat is dope asf, mf doom comes to mind with these chops and drum loops, how old are you might I ask? there is a lot of soul put into this beat I was just wondering if you and me are in the same generation or not cuz this is definatey a banger I love boom bap beats nice work man!

……………..

here is my beat...I have a gift to resurrect essences of hip hop from our past and bring them to life again in todays world...I recently watched dave chapelles block party on DVD again and it inspired me to use more live sounds and I came up with this...I could hear talib kweli or black thought rockin to this tempo...in my mind if they had let me do a track on stage this would have been the beat I would've thrown on lol

ps I would've loved to be at that concert, I pray for a block party 2 in dc so that way I can go! thanks every and good blessings!

Kiada

here is my beat...I have a gift to resurrect essences of hip hop from our past and bring them to life again in todays world...I recently watched dave chapelles block party on DVD again and it inspired me to use more live sounds and I came up with this...I could hear talib kweli or black thought rockin to this tempo...in my mind if they had let me do a track on stage this would have been the beat I would've thrown on lol

ps I would've loved to be at that concert, I pray for a block party 2 in dc so that way I can go! thanks every and good blessings!

Love the fullness of the overall mix. Bassline is crazy. Especially the end of the 8 bars, the crescendo. In fact, the whole crescendo part - the horn build up, the keys. Bass tone is on point. Is that DI bass? One of of the horn samples is panned a bit too hard to the right, sounds a little unbalanced compared to the sample playing in my left ear - during the verse.

Need to listen again, this is where I want to be. Hi-hats are nice and crisp, something I mentioned about in my previous post in here. Hook is dope with the background vocal sample. Good shit!

@crosstevsky let's be honest , i didn't like it , your beat is kinda Empty you know ? you need to add more stuff , and also the snare bothers me , maybe that's not my flavor of snares but i didn't like the snare anyways . the melody has some potential though .

@DEEZ BEATZ in the first place i was hating your beat because it was kinda EDMish , but then i found out its a EDM and i liked it :) i never listen to EDM though , i cant judge it but i can feel some good stuff is in this beat .

others that i didn't give feedback to , the websites that you posted the beats on are blocked in Iran so i can't give you feedback , i will try as soon as i get VPN again .

if you wanna give feedback on My beat , please focus on the melodies and the structre , i know the mix and drums suck :|

oh by the way i made the cover

@crosstevsky let's be honest , i didn't like it , your beat is kinda Empty you know ? you need to add more stuff , and also the snare bothers me , maybe that's not my flavor of snares but i didn't like the snare anyways . the melody has some potential though .

@DEEZ BEATZ in the first place i was hating your beat because it was kinda EDMish , but then i found out its a EDM and i liked it :) i never listen to EDM though , i cant judge it but i can feel some good stuff is in this beat .

others that i didn't give feedback to , the websites that you posted the beats on are blocked in Iran so i can't give you feedback , i will try as soon as i get VPN again .

if you wanna give feedback on My beat , please focus on the melodies and the structre , i know the mix and drums suck :|

oh by the way i made the cover

@ArvinArmani , thank you for your feedback...and i did as you asked, i only focused on the melodies and the arrangement...and i have to be honest, i really like the concept. i like the way it starts off...the only thing that i here is that some notes are clashing, like there are different notes from each sound like the chord melody, bells and arp or pad....but i think you should really consider working on this track with a better mix and beat...the melody is fine just make sure the notes of the melody arrangements are the same...i really liked this beat

Alejandro

AleVFX
@Matt-D it's not my kind of songs but I need to recognize that is made very well but I can't say anything more because it isn't exactly my genre.
@DEEZ BEATZ I need to say that I couldn't find any problem with anything it sounds great even if it isn't my genre.
@dBtheProducer it's a good beat nice work. The only problem is that after I hear it for a while I find that is too static. I know you made a lot of variations but I think you could improve it more.
@ArvinArmani The melody and the stucture are okay just keep working on them and try like you said a better mix and if you keep working on it I suggest you to change totally the drums. They are too loud.

@Low G I found that your beat is good but for me nothing special. Don't misunderstand I found it interesting but too static.

whats going on illmuzik...its a sunny warm day in virginia...im at work like always I practically live here...I have a beat id like to share with you all but before I do, ill leave feedback on all your joints first...

@Matt-D ive never heard the original track from Logic but I think this shit sounds dope with your beat man the change ups and shit in the drums and all the synth sounds are awesome man...instrumental sounds dope and simple but the real work to this is the work in the song structure as he's rapping and the timing to everything is spot on...awesome mix by the way this sounds incredible...

@crosstevsky Romanian funk...nice title name lol... love the bouncing xylophones … a little short but that's ok my only thing was there was a whole lot of room to freak this beat a little more...overall not bad it had a good energy for such a short beat

@DEEZ BEATZ please continue to share whatever tracks and stories you got with us man, I cant speak for everyone but e personally when I read that shit it inspires a nobody like myself to keep going with this music shit, I mean your music is in a movie dog! a movie! that's incredible to hear I know it might be just a check to you but that kind of shit inspires me who knows maybe one day my music can be in a movie...and this track is incredibly refreshing to hear composition wise I am a big fan of yours good job og

@Low G nice to meet you good sir...this beat is dope asf, mf doom comes to mind with these chops and drum loops, how old are you might I ask? there is a lot of soul put into this beat I was just wondering if you and me are in the same generation or not cuz this is definatey a banger I love boom bap beats nice work man!

……………..

@dBtheProducer , damn bruh thanks so much for the props man. That's what I'm trying to bring to this site is sharing everything that I have achieved in this industry without help from a Major Label..a lot of you guys here have a lot of great skills but you need other tools as well to get people talking about you and your music...I invested a lot of time and money.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Shoutout to everyone on the feedback, alright so here we go.
@crosstevsky I think it's a great beat I just wasn't crazy about the way that it drops, I guess it just wasn't what I expected but overall the beat is still good.
@DEEZ BEATZ it's definitely not corny, not just saying that it is actually good. I say this because I was listening and just so happened to have some others listening as well and they loved it. The thing is none of them make music so I believe this would do well with mainstream indeed. I felt bad because they gave your music the response I have been trying to get LOL!!!
@Low G I will check yours out on another computer because for some reason soundclick acts funny with my desktop.
@dBtheProducer This is some classic hip hop!! I love how the beat flows. Everything is blended very well and the drums give it a nice vibe. Like the video too, don't know how everyone gets that waveform to work on the vids but I need to find out lol.
@Alejandro I think this would be a great hip hop jam once it is finished but as for the beat by itself it is good but just doesn't keep me interested.
@ArvinArmani Not bad I think mixing it better would give it a boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online