Showcase - July 19-25, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikwen

ILLIEN
Haven't been around in a while, still kicking it. Something I did not too long ago

Good job. (y)

That melody is pretty neat and the reverb sounds really good on it. Like REALLY good. That was the first thing I noticed.

I also thought that the mix was awesome during the intro. When the chords get stronger around 0:27, I feel like they're clashing with the melody, though, and the vibe of the beat isn't as chill as it was before. For my taste, chords and melody could have been balanced a bit better there.

The drums are great. They work well with the melody and are pretty easy to rap/freestyle to. They basically got out of the way for me to do my thing.

I would have liked to see a bit more variation, especially in the form of a second melody. Beats with only one melody always struggle to keep my attention for longer than 1:30 - 2:00 minutes. When I'm freestyling, I need some fresh inspiration every now and then. ;)

In my view, it's good beat as-is, and a second melody or a hook with only chords (albeit different ones) would turn this into a beast. Good job, man. Keep it up! (y)

nikwen

ILLIEN
Got some heat for yall:

Pretty chill. Is it supposed to be more of a relax/study type beat or an actual rap beat?

For a rap beat, the drums could have been a bit harder/louder for my taste and I gotta say that the track was too fast for me to comfortably freestyle to it.

For a background music type beat, it was awesome though. Chill but gets you into the flow of doing.

nikwen

ILLIEN
Got another, thanks for the feedback guys:

Assuming it's a rap beat this time.

The drums make it really easy to rap/freestyle to this and I like the chill vibe. Overall, I think it's really balanced and a cool track.

That said, I think that the beat is a bit crowded for a rapper on top because of the "wobbly" sounds in the low end (couldn't find a better word to describe it, hope you know what I mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online