Showcase - July 26 - August 1, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikwen

ILLIEN
I tried some Boom Bap this week. Thanks in advance for any feedback. i'll get ya'll back on those later in the week

Great beat! It's really simple and basically gets out of the way so that I can kill that freestyle. I don't feel confined or pressured into any direction, so the "free" in "freestyle" stays true to its meaning.

The sax was also really cool and unique. I don't see that often in hip hop beats, so I liked it.

Good job!

nikwen

ILLIEN
@Rah.sool this is sick especially those drums!!
@The Thrillz this is a banger as well I love that guitar that comes in really makes this a universal beat.

Super cheerful, I love that! I think it's not meant as a rap beat though, so it's hard for me to leave more feedback. I tried freestyling on it anyway and the super prominent rhythm made it really hard to do so.

That said, great instrumental and, again, I love how cheerful it is!

nikwen

ILLIEN
Hello! Would love feedback from you people:

Checked out DT-400 (because it was the first one that started playing). It starts really slow and if I were to use it for a song, I'd be worried it wouldn't grab people's attention early enough to keep listening. That said, starting at around 0:30 it's really good for rapping. The switch-up at 1:14 sounds cool, I dig that and it sounds really space-like after that point. The beat doesn't follow the standard song structure of intro/verse/hook/verse/hook/outro, which could yield a pretty cool song if you got a rapper on it.

Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.