Showcase - July 6-12, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Other posts aren't displaying 4 me for some reason. I'll come back and leave feedback for everyone when I get 2 a diff computer. This is "Flexin' For The Show"

flexin4theshow.jpg

namesi

Battle Points: 4
Here is a dope collaboration between Michael Milner and I. He rapped over my favorite instrumental. What do you guys think? Also Is anyone else having trouble seeing the posts in this thread? I am not even sure this post will go through. I can't see anyones posts..

https://soundcloud.com/michaelmilner

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
and to kick it off something i threw together today

This is cool reminds me of the only video game I could get my girl to play lol (boom boom rocket). Check this playlist out its the soundtrack to that game:

digging this. I like everything except the first snare in each pattern, sounds more like a hat or like it got recorded w/ a phase or flange effect on it, or maybe u got a high pass filter on it or something? personally think it'd sound better if you swapped that snare out w/ a different one w/ a little more punch / some mids in there.

nice vibe to it, very uplifting. I don't have any constructive criticism really. Kept hearing that guy from that "Cheerleader" song in my head when i was listenin to it for some reason lol
Whats good ill forum, was browsing this site today and decided to sign up to showcase my material!
Here's a few new joints i've worked on recently, Enjoy!
Compton (West Coast)
Listened to Compton West coast. Overall I like it. There's a lot going on, and everything blends well together, but I feel like it's a little busy so some of the nicer elements get lost to some of the 'filler' if u know what i mean...I think you could take a lot out and it'd still be dope, maybe even better.

I like how you incorporated the sirens in "Mobbin' in the Hoopty".
the ambient effect / sound in the background keeps the simplicity of the beat from getting played out. i can def ride 2 this
New to this forum but not to music! What yall think?
the instrumentation sounds good but the claps / hats are a little 2 much for me. towards the end when a lot of it drops out and the vibe mellows out / slows down I was feeling it a lot more.
yo yo so thought id post a track up check it out like it hate it listen leave feedback
peace
this is cold bro. that 'melody' is real spacy / trippy, trappin out a spaceship lmao
Black and White
okay i see u, the frequent variation / switchin it up kept me interested. 1:22 when everything drops out built up a lot of anticipation 4 me, and i was expectin a little harder drop followin that but overall i like it.
diggykratez*
so far this is dope, i'd like to hear it finished for sure.

here's a lil sumn
synths are nice, the drums could use a little work but just the melody alone had me noddin my head
can i get some feedback homies?!
I'd like to hear it switch up a little more. That lead synth "wahhhhhh" was dope lol.
killing it bro, so smooth,
that ethnic vibe on the melodic elements was fresh, but i can't say I loved the drums. i can hear what you're doin w/ it and it was def different, but I personally like a good old fashioned snare or clap. just my preference...

Other posts aren't displaying 4 me for some reason. I'll come back and leave feedback for everyone when I get 2 a diff computer. This is "Flexin' For The Show"

View attachment 3914

Any feedback on this Flexin For The Show track would be appreciated. The recordings are a little rough, was recorded in a less than ideal environment. was rushing to get this from paper to audio, prob do a polished version in the future.

Sorry if I missed anyone, tried to hit you all this time and listen to everything.

Here's some videos 2 if anyone's interested:

Black Days:
https://www.facebook.com/z1ayr0n/videos/1105898089425931/?l=172687533924489149

Blurry Vision:
https://www.facebook.com/z1ayr0n/videos/1105713366111070/?l=5371506972996085179

"Trapt" preview:
https://www.facebook.com/z1ayr0n/videos/1106382842710789/?l=174550591945225839

Last edited:

Erik

Battle Points: 8

This is really close to being dope as hell. The sample is great, the arrangement is great, you're drums are just off. The snare is too prominent and the kick is sitting too far behind the mix. Give it some lows and bring it out a bit. Mix up the hats a bit more than just 1/16th note patterns. Those are just a few things that I'd try first to improve the drums. May or may not work, that's for you to find out. What I do know is.... get your drums right and this track will be bangin'!

On a complete 180... my beat has a much different feel. Makes me feel a little nostalgic... maybe even a little sensitive. Lemme know what you guys think!

Status
Not open for further replies.