Showcase - June 10-12, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10

let's start this showcase! check this out!

Porekush: This is tight but I've got some constructive criticism lol...The backwards cymbal that leads to the regular one on drops sounds a bit off making it not transition very well between different sections, and also the swing is almost too much. I hate overquantized instrumentals - but this is sounding too off for me. I like the sample, the bass line sounds good, even the mix sounds overall pretty good, so other than what I mentioned above this is pretty dope 4 me.

That Fire:
Bass needs to come down a little on this, but other than that I'm feeling it so far - whatchu' think?

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
Peep

Porekush - Digging the intro clip. Something about the beat feels off to me. Not sure what it is. Some variation in the track would be nice. Gets a bit repetitive.
Ayron - Yeah the bass is pretty overpowering lol. It kinda drowns out the rest of the instruments. The levels for the instruments seem a bit extreme as in some are overpowering and some aren't audible enough. The instrumentation is nice though. Digging it for sure just think the levels of all the elements need to be redone so everything has some presence in the mix.

Klangboks

ill o.g.
Been a while since I last posted on illmuzik. Here's an instrumental, curious if anyone here will like it (it's kinda pop-ish...).
I'll promise to check out the other songs here, and give som feedback:

Klangboks

ill o.g.
Porekush: Really liked the mood of this one, but especially the middle part needs more variation (the part without the violin sample). IMO you've choosen good drum samples
Ayron: Had no problems with the bass, listening on laptop speakers :) Very creative use of instruments/sounds, liked that. Lots of nice melody lines/chords. But I was a bit unsure what the different parts were supposed to be (verse, alternate version of the verse, chorus?) - of course not every song needs such a clear structure, though.
Kohie: Wasn't able to play your beat - even tried to find it on your soundcloud page, without luck.

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Kohie: Ur getting real real smooth on them beats bro...Only thing I can complain about is the fact I didn't make the track myself.
Klangboks: Tribal drums got me ready to dance in a buttflap with grass slippers :eek: Cold drums. The ringing / telephone synth thing sounds like the delay is off a bit, Idk i think if u played w/ the timing on that delay it'd sound a lot better, overall the tracks dope.

Klangboks

ill o.g.
Kohie: finally managed to play your beat. Great, loved it! Mixing-wise, it's quite pumping, was that an intentional effect? Anyway, great track.
Ayron, thanks for the feedback, i'll have a look at that synth sound.

GexBeatz

@Klangboks
Beat sounds nice but the telephoneringdingthing gets a littlebit annoying.
heres one of my last beats.i just wanted to upload some new on SC,but i cant,because of some copyright problems..
does anybody else got the same problem?

Gex

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
Thanks for the feed fellas. Checking out everyone else's beats.

Klang - Beat is different. Mix is real full, like that. Some of the melodic elements I'm not a big fan of. I just feel like they don't mesh well together.
Gex - Sample is dope. I think I recognize it, I might actually have used the same sample as well. The vocals on it sound mad familiar haha. You did a good job with it though. Only gripe is the snare. Not a big fan of it. Other than that good work.

Thx for comment man, ok yes a lot of peoples in different forums told me that they dont like the snare :) I'll try an other one. But its not a sample i played it by myself with a massive preset.
Thx again ;)

And your beat, as i said it in a other forum i really like the variation with the sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.