Showcase - June 15-21, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayThunder

Battle Points: 4

old beat. but still one i really like

This right here goes! If you can, I'd try to add some good reverb to your hats to soften them up a little bit, or maybe even a SLIGHT low pass filter. Or just turn them down just a lil lol. Help them sit in the mix better.

In general I'd probably add a lil reverb to the sample as well, help add some atmospheric qualities and saturation to the background. It would smooth things out a bit overall I think.

JayThunder

Battle Points: 4
post it again!

in the meantime check out my new beat!

I love the dynamics in this joint. I think the transitions could be a bit smoother. They seem to be a bit off in time.... BUT THAT COULD JUST BE THE TREE TALKING!

Anyways, the vocal sample flip is dope. Not as dope as that percussion though. The drumming on this is delicious.

DiggyKratez

Battle Points: 6
This right here goes! If you can, I'd try to add some good reverb to your hats to soften them up a little bit, or maybe even a SLIGHT low pass filter. Or just turn them down just a lil lol. Help them sit in the mix better.

In general I'd probably add a lil reverb to the sample as well, help add some atmospheric qualities and saturation to the background. It would smooth things out a bit overall I think.
much appreciated man. i was thinkin the hats and the mix in general is kinda wak. unfortunatley i dont have the raw files of this one anymore :(. would love to mix it down better

DiggyKratez

Battle Points: 6

Lil joint from a beat tape I'm working on. Peep, my peeps. Much love.

cool! I feel like ive said this on alot of posts already but i think stuf thats not so quantized sounds better(just my opinion) but then again the alchemist is dope as fuck and he quantize all his shit. anywho i think the beat is ill as fuck but adding some dynamic change with ur kick and hihat could go a long way

Can someone give me a critcism of my producing? Bare with me this is my first song, using audacity too.
soundcloud.com/okinciroc
I didn't make the beat, just added some sound fx and the sample in the beginning

We Roll Deep

not really feeling the synths/sounds used or the arrangements. just really stock sounding.

worked on this for the past few days. hows the mixing and the overall beat?

the mix seems fine. this is pretty slow moving, minimalist not a whole lot going on. ok now it dropped i think, i dig it alot more now. mix is clean. this is cool.

the old link broke

dirty, in a good way. alot going on tho. chaotic not really feeling it honestly. liked the sound of it but needs more control to it if that makes sense. like its just chaos instead of controlled chaos lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online