Showcase - June 15-21, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried something different

Nice progression. I think it's the same progression as in Sam Smith "Not The Only One". I like it. But these parts with bells (e.g. 1:13) should be improved. They sound a little out of tune.

Great beat! :D Variety of different instruments. Cool melodies. Mix is awesome. Overall, very good job.

It's not necessarily my style but you have very original choice of sounds here. Especially when it comes to drums.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
so more of a composition with some hip hop elements mixed in, not really finished had to take a break due to an ear infection (tmi? :p ) but thought i could get some feedback and finish it off when i recover EDIT MADE SOME CHANGES SO WILL UPLOAD FINISHED VERSION NEXT WEEK :)

ill write my reviews after i've eaten some lunch :)

Last edited:

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
i'll just say i cant use headphones atm so i have to play this through some super shitty speakers and all of your tracks sounded decent ^_^ that being said i may have missed some of the finer details

@Marc Duncan super pretty chord progression on the rhodes/electric keyboard, i like the sliding note that comes inn at the 0:40 mark the drums sound good. the bells are out of key :/ some bell patches in vst's from what i've noticed are out of pitch by default so this needs to be fixed, it's really unfortunate that something so easy to remedy messes with an otherwise really stellar track which i very much enjoyed. Good work :)

@EsquireMusic111 you have a lot of talent my man especially in the track composition department you swich up the drums and melody frequently and make good use of breakdowns very good sound selection the lazy style guitar is my fave
this is very solid! dont have much to offer in terms of critique

@stcbeats interesting melody the synth sounds very unique the low end steals the show imho that 808/bassline is lit ! could maybe do with some variation in the composition? a different melody part mayhaps ? i know very little about this style but i've noticed that in a lot of trap the melody is on repeat so that might just be my own taste talking. good mix high level stuff my man

@Memento Beats you are like one of the few trap guys i genuinly listen to (IT'S THOSE SEXY HATS OF YOURS I SWEAR) so take that as you will :p the beat name suits the vibe very well, if boobs played music this would be the sound they make!
cant give you much in terms of constructive feedback, you know what your doing keep doing it

so more of a composition with some hip hop elements mixed in, not really finished had to take a break due to an ear infection (tmi? :p ) but thought i could get some feedback and finish it off when i recover

ill write my reviews after i've eaten some lunch :)

I'm sorry to hear about your ear infection. :( Hope you will get better soon. :)

Nice sound of that piano you have there. Also nice phrasing. I like the melody. Smooth bass. Cool structure of the beat. I would give kick more punch. Generally, drums should be more exposed here. But as far as I listen to it it's very good. :D

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Marc Duncan : I really like the sound selection and structure of this beat. I think you should definitely get someone on this ASAP. Nice work
@EsquireMusic111 : I like this, especially the guitar fills and the overall clear mix. Great work
@stcbeats : I like the intro, but maybe the snare could use a little compression. I also think there could be more melodic variation in the beat since the loop kind of got repetitive to me around the 3 minute mark. I like the overall idea though
@Memento Beats : Great production, I like the arrangement, the mix and the synth programming of it all
@Crispifier : I like how interesting the beat is, I would add some blend reverb to the piano and the brass just so it blends a little more with the whole production.

Here is my beat for the showcase this week:

@Marc Duncan : I really like the sound selection and structure of this beat. I think you should definitely get someone on this ASAP. Nice work
@EsquireMusic111 : I like this, especially the guitar fills and the overall clear mix. Great work
@stcbeats : I like the intro, but maybe the snare could use a little compression. I also think there could be more melodic variation in the beat since the loop kind of got repetitive to me around the 3 minute mark. I like the overall idea though
@Memento Beats : Great production, I like the arrangement, the mix and the synth programming of it all
@Crispifier : I like how interesting the beat is, I would add some blend reverb to the piano and the brass just so it blends a little more with the whole production.

Here is my beat for the showcase this week:

Thanks a lot man! :D When it comes to your beat I think that trap hihats don't fit here. :( I would replace them with normal boom bap hihat pattern. Other than that this production is very smooth. I like the mood of it. It's very positive. Maybe I would move that sample you based your beat on a little bit to the front. But overall, it's a good beat. :)

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
@Memento Beats thx for that man i think the worst is over luckily can't wait to get back to making music! :D will try to make the kick a little more punchy, also yeah only the highest quality feedback from @Crispifier <-- this guy :p

@Chad thank you for your feedback yeah im going to try that i wasn't quite happy with the balance of all the instruments good idea !

anyway I like you beat, your style is very distinctive good use of the sample really like the "aaahhhaa" vocals not a huge fan of the hats (could be cuz @Memento Beats mentioned it but i kinda notice it too now) nice composition and variety all in all nice work ;)

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
@Chad

Maybe in regards to the hihats it might not be necessarily what they're playing i just think they sound a bit too separate from the rest of the track; the rest of the track has a dusty rough vibe but these hats are very bright and clear... they sound slightly too loud in the mix but even if a few db lower their brigtness will still be an issue. Try relacing with a dustier sample or put a lowpass filter on them

Nice tho

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@stcbeats I get the idea with this, I like the melodic elements here, the things that I would do different are the kick and the bass, they are weak for my taste.
@Memento Beats This sounds on point man mix and everything, i had to look really deep to find something that i would correct...but I found it...in my opinion when the melody goes an octave below, it kinda interferes with the 808, i cant feel the energy of it as strong as previously, so maybe you should keep the melody in the same octave all the way through or something...and the girl is nice :)
@Crispifier composition wise this is on point man...very well..the problem I'm having with this is the sound choices, mainly the piano and the brass...sound kind of stocky and fake to me...now i dont think you can do anything about that brass, but the piano...maybe you can try some reverb.. if you are playing this on a keyboard maybe leave it a little unquantized and more dynamic. I can feel some improvement in your drums but the same thing from previous week applies here, you need to have more groove and life in them...if you are up for it on the illmuzik discord server myself and 2-3 other producers from here are having more fast paced feedback thing going on, so you can join and talk about your drums etc...that acapella is on point though...

Here is mine for this week...i wanted that loose Dilla type feel, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.