Showcase - June 18-24, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
@DEEZ BEATZ on "Never Going To Be Broke" i liked the intro , the drums and the vibe of the beat , but if i was the producer of this beat , i would change 4 things , first i would remove the trappish chant on 1:00 , so the listeners ear can take a rest , and after a while put the chant back in the beat , and then i would add a rememberable ( its a word right ? ) melody for the choruses , and also let that melody be in some parts of the verses , but in a low volume , with a whistle or something , maybe put some parts of it in verse , and beside these , i would change the bass , i didnt like the bass , the notes that it played was good , but it sounded distorted you know ? I would change that .
Your other beat was perfect , i really love it , i mean i can imagine its the instrumental of a dope track ( that gunshot sounded a bit stupid to me though , sorry :) )

@dot. Niiiiiice , i really liked the vocals , the vibe was Awesome , i'm serious about the vibe , its really Awesome , but if i was you , i would add some new things to it , like change the piano to a synth or something , but same melody , or add a instrument like a violin or somethin like that to play the "she neva gonna dance with me ye" melody after the chorus , so the song will have a moment after the chorus which connects it to the verse you know ? And i would change some parts of the lyrics too , like "i wanna hold you in my arms"
So in a complete view , i realize what the only bad thing about it is the fact that these type of songs are kinda , cliche now you know ? If you give it some little changes it can be a really really good song , cuz it has a good structre

@dBtheProducer Daaaaamn your beat is Dope as Hell , really liked it , if i was the producer of this beat , i would try to decrease the sound of that pad-type sound , bothers a bit , then i would add a piano , and play a low note on 1:07 and some parts like that , i would also add another piano to play it on high octaves , for 1:20 and other parts like that .

@shocro Sorry , i never felt connected with this genre , i mean it makes my ears throw up , its not your fault , even if an EDM song be the best EDM of all time and bethoven come back from death and say "this is good music" , i wont listen to it

@A.R.dasupastar i'm not sure if rythm is a good beat , i mean if i like one thing on this beat its the drums and the reverb on em , the melody that goes solo from 0:38 is good too , but the other sound that comes on it isnt tuned and it makes me punch myself when i hear it , still it cam be a good beat though . Did you try it with lower tempo ?

Last edited:
@C4NTK33P5T1LL this one is actually better than the last ones , the whole beat is good , the most important thing will now be the vibe , i mean this beat cant be a beat to be singed by an amateur rapper , what it needs is rapper(s) like Hova and Yeezy , you know ? Or Snoop and Dre , something like "Real Thugs" , like rapers coming back again , you know what im sayin ? What i mean is try a gangsta type piano on it , like a

@GRTBTZ your beat has a nice vibe , i think it really needs The Game to rap on it , nah ? Its good , its not one of your beats that have potential to be a hit , At All , but it can be someones favorite track . If i was gonna change 2 things on this beat , i would change the perc on it , i mean the timing of it is good , just the sound , maybe put something harder , you can also make it doper by changing the vibe to french inhale vibe , lower the tempo , decrease volume of the hats , relax , smoke some weed and make the beat like that , right ?

@Damian murray i didnt like your beat , because it was too dirty , you know ? Full of sounds , some snares were unquantized and some had low volume , too much chants , too much sound effects , some hat and kicks were unquantized , i didnt love the vibe , i liked the piano on it though , that piano was nice , but if you fix these your beat will probably be okay to me .

This is my beat , i actually posted this on a Beat This competition , but on the exact same competition , fade decided to decrease max beat lenght to 1 min , so when i sent this beat , nobody could hear the second minute of it . so seriously , is the second min of the beat good ?

Last edited:

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
@dot. Not Really My Thing This Type Of Track ( I Like A Bit Of Fight & Ugliness In A Song ) But In The Way Of Production It's Very Good & It All Sounds Great Did Ya "Half Inch" ( Pinch/Steal/Borrow ) The Vocals , I Only Ask Cos It Sounds Like The Track & Vocals Were Made Together For This Just Curious
@DEEZ BEATZ Sorry To Be A Twat But I Wasn't Feeling The First Track Never Going Broke I Guess It's Just Not my Cup A Tea But Liked The Second One Certified & Sealed Loved The Aggressive Drill Sort Of Sound It's Massive In The U.K. ATM . I've Always Liked A Bit Of A Grime Sound In A Track First Thing I Thought Of When I Heard This Was "Technical Difficulties Please Stand By " Had Me Thinking Of Apocalyptic Hijacking..... Much Enjoyed On This End
@dBtheProducer MATE ! I F**King Love This It's Absolutely Class Not A Bad Word About This To Say It's One Of The Best Instrumentals I've Heard In Ages , I Just Fist Bumped My Screen As A Gesture Of Respect Awesome Track Pal
@wilizm Spot On Arrangement Would Of Liked To Hear A Bit More Of A Wet Slap On The Kick & A Slight Crack On The Snare & Perhaps A Bit More On The Bassy Side Of Things But It's A Really Good Track Overall Has Me Feeling A Bit Nervous Like I'm Waiting At A Handover That's A Wee Bit Dodgy ..I Always Like Putting Nas Acapellas Over These Type Of Beats ..Anyway Enjoyed It Overall
@shocro Really Like This Propa Messy & Untamed Sawtooth Sounding Could Of Listened To A 4 Minute Version Of This ,I Didn't Like The Rhodes ? Cloudy Sound on The Break Up I Would Of Just Used That Riff Ya Had Going On At the Drop For The End Movement But Cranked It Up A Few More DB Just to finish Off The Listener Top Beat Though Hard As F**k
@GRTBTZ Nice Choppy Beat Drums Are Decent But Not feeling The Groove ( Sorry that Don't Explain Much Does It) But I'm Not Sure What I Didn't Like About This It Feels a Bit Skippy To Me But I Guess It's Just about Personal Tastes
@Damian murray There Is something In This But I Don't Think You Got It Right On This Mix Would Of Preferred A Proud Kick Drum & A Bit More Separation Between The Mid N High Seemed A Bit Flat On My End Kind Of Cloudy But I Defo Think You Got Something Good Here
I Think That's It I Will Sum Up In Saying Something Wise Errrm If th....You Onl... Uh ....
Someone Once Asked Me Could My Penis Touch My Arse
I Ses Yeah So They Ses Go Fu*k Yerself Then :biggrin:

That's Always Stuck With Me For Some Reason It's About as Wise As I Can Get ATM

Also Good Luck Everyone In On 2moras Battle I Think This 1 Will Be The Most Competitive One So Far As There Are Some Top Notch Trap Heads On Here
:up2::up2::up2::)

C4NTK33P5T1LL

@ArvinArmani To Answer Your Question YES ! The Second Minute Is The Beat, It Be the Reason You Would Come Back For another Play.
It Was the Theremin Sound That Grabbed My Attention & Then The Higher Synth Closed The Deal I Would Of Liked A Third Verse Repeating The Ending Of The beat Again But I Guess It Leaves You Wanting More so It Would Keep People Coming Back For Another Listen Solid Beat With An Addictive Ending

troy

Battle Points: 1
good morning, warm summer day in virginia...im in the northern va area and its hot af out here...good thing im cooling it at my office in the AC...

my greatest creation ever is and will always be my son, happy belated fathers day to all the dads...go head old heads!

i have a beat i want to share with you all and would like to get some feedback on...its so early in this thread so what ill do is review some of the beats from the last showcase that i didnt get a chance to review...

i honestly like giving feedback and checking out everybodys music... aight lets get this going...

@thizzbeatz sup homie, drake and lil baby type beat...i agree i could hear drake doing something to this...everything was clickin nicely the whole way through and im feeling the mix, not a whole lot going on but i hear everything clear and shit nice work man real shit

@KuKo sup man, out of the 2 beats i liked the second better, im not a lil pump fan but this beat sounds alot better than the first one...not really my kind of music taste personally but overall i would this beat was aight i would keep working at it though bro

@K.D.R. sup man...got to be honest not really liking this beat had to switch this up after about 40 seconds in...nothing personal man im just keeping it moving on this pimpin...

@TAM hey nice to meet ya...i am not going to lie to you bro...i almost gave up on this beat tape but that blue pill beat you have on there is some fire! atleast i think so that shit sound like some pusha t/clipse type shit for real...in comparison to the rest of the beat tape....it was atleast 1 gem in the bunch blue pill sounds dope...nice work!

@RizzakBeats wow amazing chorus change that shit made me love this beat...its simple but i love that west coast bounce to this i could hear this being a dope record...nice work man that chorus is fucking lit its my most favorite part of the beat...kind of cool chill funky but yet epic kind of feel its a cool vibe youve made nice work

@JAY UNO sup man...thats a cool sample fam i like what you did hear...smooth sample and a clean chop nice work man i liked what i heard here...this sounds like something you would hear on a snoop record, like maybe during an interlude or something definately something familiar that i love about this sound nice work man

@C4NTK33P5T1LL hello, this beat has a sine wave or something in that is blowing my ears out...needs to be turned down...really too loud

@Kod4R sup brother, thanks for your feedback from last week...do you mind if i ask what kod4r stands for ive always wondered? what does it mean? any im digging the sample work here this definately has hardcore rap appeal i could hear a lyrical mc killing this shit for sure...i like the reversing in the chorus area, maybe would made the bass an octave lower but overall i liked what i heard man nice work!

@producervibes hey nice to see ya again...this beat is amazing man i dont know who the hot boy crew is but im an ancient dinosaur so dont mind me, but i could tell when someone is sampling trap but you sir are the real deal, you got a real talent for this trap music and i could tell by listening to all your prior stuff that you arent doing this for "fashion" you take this beat shit seriously and i can hear and feel it on every beat youve shared on here and i commend you for that real shit ...this beat in particular hitting perfectly and is one of my fav's that ive heard from ya nice job

ok... now on to this weeks beats

@dot. hello nice to meet ya... wow this kind of threw me off guard...in a good way if im not clear...i like this track man its different and reminds me of some of Labrinth type shit...very very very nice work
man im digging the vibe

@DEEZ BEATZ sup og, 1st beat...loving what i hear so far...key work sounds dope i like those keys im hearing...my fav part in the instruments to this beat for sure...short and sweet that was sounding cool af
2nd beat...this remind me of that slim jesus record...i could definately hear that white boy on this shit here...crazy ass joint here man the intensity is bananas got me feeling like muthafuckers are out to get me kind of vibe. lol good job og

and finally i got this beat here i wanted to show yall...peace!

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

I could hear Rick Ross on this #fire
good morning, warm summer day in virginia...im in the northern va area and its hot af out here...good thing im cooling it at my office in the AC...

my greatest creation ever is and will always be my son, happy belated fathers day to all the dads...go head old heads!

i have a beat i want to share with you all and would like to get some feedback on...its so early in this thread so what ill do is review some of the beats from the last showcase that i didnt get a chance to review...

i honestly like giving feedback and checking out everybodys music... aight lets get this going...

@thizzbeatz sup homie, drake and lil baby type beat...i agree i could hear drake doing something to this...everything was clickin nicely the whole way through and im feeling the mix, not a whole lot going on but i hear everything clear and shit nice work man real shit

@KuKo sup man, out of the 2 beats i liked the second better, im not a lil pump fan but this beat sounds alot better than the first one...not really my kind of music taste personally but overall i would this beat was aight i would keep working at it though bro

@K.D.R. sup man...got to be honest not really liking this beat had to switch this up after about 40 seconds in...nothing personal man im just keeping it moving on this pimpin...

@TAM hey nice to meet ya...i am not going to lie to you bro...i almost gave up on this beat tape but that blue pill beat you have on there is some fire! atleast i think so that shit sound like some pusha t/clipse type shit for real...in comparison to the rest of the beat tape....it was atleast 1 gem in the bunch blue pill sounds dope...nice work!

@RizzakBeats wow amazing chorus change that shit made me love this beat...its simple but i love that west coast bounce to this i could hear this being a dope record...nice work man that chorus is fucking lit its my most favorite part of the beat...kind of cool chill funky but yet epic kind of feel its a cool vibe youve made nice work

@JAY UNO sup man...thats a cool sample fam i like what you did hear...smooth sample and a clean chop nice work man i liked what i heard here...this sounds like something you would hear on a snoop record, like maybe during an interlude or something definately something familiar that i love about this sound nice work man

@C4NTK33P5T1LL hello, this beat has a sine wave or something in that is blowing my ears out...needs to be turned down...really too loud

@Kod4R sup brother, thanks for your feedback from last week...do you mind if i ask what kod4r stands for ive always wondered? what does it mean? any im digging the sample work here this definately has hardcore rap appeal i could hear a lyrical mc killing this shit for sure...i like the reversing in the chorus area, maybe would made the bass an octave lower but overall i liked what i heard man nice work!

@producervibes hey nice to see ya again...this beat is amazing man i dont know who the hot boy crew is but im an ancient dinosaur so dont mind me, but i could tell when someone is sampling trap but you sir are the real deal, you got a real talent for this trap music and i could tell by listening to all your prior stuff that you arent doing this for "fashion" you take this beat shit seriously and i can hear and feel it on every beat youve shared on here and i commend you for that real shit ...this beat in particular hitting perfectly and is one of my fav's that ive heard from ya nice job

ok... now on to this weeks beats

@dot. hello nice to meet ya... wow this kind of threw me off guard...in a good way if im not clear...i like this track man its different and reminds me of some of Labrinth type shit...very very very nice work
man im digging the vibe

@DEEZ BEATZ sup og, 1st beat...loving what i hear so far...key work sounds dope i like those keys im hearing...my fav part in the instruments to this beat for sure...short and sweet that was sounding cool af
2nd beat...this remind me of that slim jesus record...i could definately hear that white boy on this shit here...crazy ass joint here man the intensity is bananas got me feeling like muthafuckers are out to get me kind of vibe. lol good job og

and finally i got this beat here i wanted to show yall...peace!

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

troy

Battle Points: 1
@wilizm was looking for variation in that track it was very simple

@shocro lol liked the intro

@A.R. DASUPASTAR ok track very smooth

@GRTBTZ I know a bro that would like this but am more of a trap fan so not sure how to review that

@Damian murray i would recommend side chaining your kicks and 808 if you want more punch out of your kick but if you weren't going for that then no prob

@C4NTK33P5T1LL what genre is this?? lol am not sure how to review I literally listen only trap so kinda hard to judge your track

@ArvinArmani simple and cool beat :)

@dot. Not Really My Thing This Type Of Track ( I Like A Bit Of Fight & Ugliness In A Song ) But In The Way Of Production It's Very Good & It All Sounds Great Did Ya "Half Inch" ( Pinch/Steal/Borrow ) The Vocals , I Only Ask Cos It Sounds Like The Track & Vocals Were Made Together For This Just Curious
@DEEZ BEATZ Sorry To Be A Twat But I Wasn't Feeling The First Track Never Going Broke I Guess It's Just Not my Cup A Tea But Liked The Second One Certified & Sealed Loved The Aggressive Drill Sort Of Sound It's Massive In The U.K. ATM . I've Always Liked A Bit Of A Grime Sound In A Track First Thing I Thought Of When I Heard This Was "Technical Difficulties Please Stand By " Had Me Thinking Of Apocalyptic Hijacking..... Much Enjoyed On This End
@dBtheProducer MATE ! I F**King Love This It's Absolutely Class Not A Bad Word About This To Say It's One Of The Best Instrumentals I've Heard In Ages , I Just Fist Bumped My Screen As A Gesture Of Respect Awesome Track Pal
@wilizm Spot On Arrangement Would Of Liked To Hear A Bit More Of A Wet Slap On The Kick & A Slight Crack On The Snare & Perhaps A Bit More On The Bassy Side Of Things But It's A Really Good Track Overall Has Me Feeling A Bit Nervous Like I'm Waiting At A Handover That's A Wee Bit Dodgy ..I Always Like Putting Nas Acapellas Over These Type Of Beats ..Anyway Enjoyed It Overall
@shocro Really Like This Propa Messy & Untamed Sawtooth Sounding Could Of Listened To A 4 Minute Version Of This ,I Didn't Like The Rhodes ? Cloudy Sound on The Break Up I Would Of Just Used That Riff Ya Had Going On At the Drop For The End Movement But Cranked It Up A Few More DB Just to finish Off The Listener Top Beat Though Hard As F**k
@GRTBTZ Nice Choppy Beat Drums Are Decent But Not feeling The Groove ( Sorry that Don't Explain Much Does It) But I'm Not Sure What I Didn't Like About This It Feels a Bit Skippy To Me But I Guess It's Just about Personal Tastes
@Damian murray There Is something In This But I Don't Think You Got It Right On This Mix Would Of Preferred A Proud Kick Drum & A Bit More Separation Between The Mid N High Seemed A Bit Flat On My End Kind Of Cloudy But I Defo Think You Got Something Good Here
I Think That's It I Will Sum Up In Saying Something Wise Errrm If th....You Onl... Uh ....
Someone Once Asked Me Could My Penis Touch My Arse
I Ses Yeah So They Ses Go Fu*k Yerself Then :biggrin:

That's Always Stuck With Me For Some Reason It's About as Wise As I Can Get ATM

Also Good Luck Everyone In On 2moras Battle I Think This 1 Will Be The Most Competitive One So Far As There Are Some Top Notch Trap Heads On Here
:up2::up2::up2::)
@C4NTK33P5T1LL , No bruh your not being a twat at all...lol. that's what this forum is for, to get feedback. i appreciate it.

C4NTK33P5T1LL

@troy I Would Of Liked This Too Have A Bit More Teeth If Ya Get Me But That's Just Personal Taste N That , But It Is A Very Clean & Well Mixed Track These ' Type ' Beats Tend To Get Lost In The Masses Of Other Beats As A Lot Of People Are Using The 'Type' Tag On Their Titles (Including Myself In The Past) But That Being Said
If It Works It Works

Just be honest and let me know

I didnt like it so much , i mean its not a bad beat , but it doesnt have enough energy , if i was you i would change the snare sound and add some explosive type sounds , not a explosion or a gun shot , i mean some sounds that gives energy to the beat in the beginning of the bar , like a Brass , Bell , Cymbal or increase the bass volume and make the notes play Longer ( in timing ) , but not let it play all the time . Still this has a potential to be a good beat .

Status
Not open for further replies.