Showcase - June 20-26, 2016 (post your beats in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been a while since I put anything in the showcase forum. This is dedicated to the legendary Teddy Pendergrass. May you R.I.P. soul brother.

#bringbackthesoul

nice delivery. love the boom bap style. looking forward ta hearing more. peace!

nice delivery. love the boom bap style. looking forward ta hearing more. peace!

the first part of the rhyme took be back to T.R.O.Y. classic

sorry for the length, try to keep it under two min. next time.

@Charles I love the vibe on this track, very mellow and I like the echo effect on it.
@SlasnerBeats I like the way it sounds, if it were my track I'd up the bass a bit, but nice one!

My Track, tried to go for the Lil Yachty x Playboi Carti type style, like I usually do

@S3oulC1ty Agree with riff, nice soulful vibe, with a little sprinkle of jazz on top, would choose some more jazzy drums imo.

@producedbyRiff Heavy beat, good work on the vocal sample and drums

Here are some tracks i made yesterday, was really in the zone, been for a couple of days and when i'm in the zone i go full autism, so i get alot of shit done:

Trap:

Chill Hop:

dope. feel like writing to this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@anarchos - her beautiful eyes told nothing but lies...The sound selection sounds very stockish to me. Try to throw some effects on there to give the sounds some more texture. Or look online for some VSTs that you like. I don't know what your flavor is for your drums, but the way you have them programmed makes them sound very stiff aka they sound like they don't have much swing. The foundation is there though.

I took a quick listen to your other tracks and I think the same applies.

@Spuntastic - Lol what is that vocal sample from? Weird af. Drums are grimey dude. I liiiike that. The vibe of this is cool. Could def see some story telling type of stuff over this. The stereo work on the sample really helps with the vibe. I'm listening to it on headphones (so I'm not sure if I'm hearing it accurately) but wish it panned over to the right some more.

@Kevlar070 - A bit too abstract for my tastes. I feel like the levels on some of elements you have could be changed up a bit. The bass/kick sound a bit far in the mix.

@Charles - The e-piano sound you're using is dope. Gives a very chilling vibe off. I like the drums sounds you picked for this. Once everything comes in it sounds nice. Need somebody to drop some vocals over this. Something about that piano that comes in at the :38 mark bothers me. Listening to it, it just clashes, to my ears, with everything else that's going on.

@SlasnerBeats - You need to bring those drums up man. I can barely hear/feel the kick. Melodically, not a big fan of this. I think level wise - there could be some rearranging done. The lack of presence of the drums in the mix really limits the drive on this track I feel like.

@Rylan - The bells are a bit loud for me. Seems to overpower the drums at times level wise. Melodically, not a big fan of this either. It gets a bit repetitive. The elements are all there and mesh well.

@Nahshon Beasley - The sample is cool. The drums could come up in the mix some more. The panning on the snare seems way too out there for me haha.

E

eazy.flacko

My beat Kunai (first draft)
<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Spuntastic

cinephile/beatmaker
Battle Points: 82
@Spuntastic - Lol what is that vocal sample from? Weird af. Drums are grimey dude. I liiiike that. The vibe of this is cool. Could def see some story telling type of stuff over this. The stereo work on the sample really helps with the vibe. I'm listening to it on headphones (so I'm not sure if I'm hearing it accurately) but wish it panned over to the right some more.

cheers mate. it's from ash vs. evil dead. can only recommend it. funny as fuck and a gracefully hommage to the movies from the 80s.
Move is a dope beat! has a bouncy feel to it. drums are diversified, only the routine gets a bit repetitive after the transition without the drums. but for less than 2min that's fine. while listening I was kinda waiting for the intro to come back for a small bridge. would like to hear what that would sound like. mix is clean, nothing to complain about

Kron Zilla

The rapper that became a producer.
Battle Points: 22

Would have used this for the war beat contest but didn't have the time to add the guns and cannons and stuff.

@Kevlar070 that beat's vibing. bassline is smooth and I like that high pitched sounds supporting the melody. sounds like a lyre or harp
@Charles chillz. but unlike slashner I think the bass is too heavy. Had to turn the volume down almost 50% because it hurts my ears. The subbass idea isnt bad tho, maybe bring the bass down a bit and add a running subbass layer. nevertheless the beat is pretty mellow

Thats tpugh bro. I wanna write to that, actually….

@S3oulC1ty Very nicely mixed there is a lot going on in this beat but it all works really well, which is why i really applaud your mix here!

@producedbyRiff like the vocal samples. The actual beat needs some melody to it. the drum work is cool, the hats seem a little out of place maybe filter them as well like you did with the rest of the drums.

@anarchos listened to the first beat. I like the kick but the lead is very generic and gets repetitive fast, try and modulate/manipulate these synth leads to make them more interesting.

@Spuntastic absolutely love this beat. the eerie lofi element really makes it for me. the drums are kind of lo-fi and gritty which i dont usually like but i love it on this beat. seriously well done!

@Kevlar070 didnt care too much for the intro but the 808 was quite cool and when it came in the song started to make more sense. Good work

here is my track

Really trippy but it definitely does the trick. good shit bro.

I elected to play it all out instead of grabbing the theme sng and actually sampling it. Hooray for interpolation lol

Last edited by a moderator:

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122
@S3oulC1ty Beat sounds tight. Put that on a project or somtin.
@producedbyRiff Sounds tight I dig the high hats, kept it simple not cluttered, sounds professional.
@anarchos I Dig your abstract beat creation sounds dope and interesting.
@Spuntastic Man, that voice sample there compliments that whole vibe. Good combination to create the vibe concept.

@Kevlar070 That bassline is the MOTIVE bro!!! Definitely can vibe to this joint! #respect

@Kron Zilla
Dope as hell! you worked that sample well, I like the chill drums with it. Dope shit.
OH SHIT THE PIANO JUST KICKED IN! You merked that shit fr.
@2 $lick
Has a nice ambience to it! Very chill but can't say i'm particularly feeling that style though on the whole feels like little is going on.

On the other hand your Meek Mill style beat sounds good. The 808 sounds muddy to me though and melodically I feel like you were pretty lazy. Can be a dope track with more of a melody and a cleaner bass. The drums are good

Dob

Battle Points: 10
@Kron Zilla The start is a little bit too much. Its too fast too repetetive for me but the part when the piano kicks in is heavy!
*Don't mess with Dre lol.
@SlasnerBeats Your synth stuff is rocking ! Drums are really nice played. I think some 808s/ heavy Bass shit would fit good.
Made some really chilled things, don't know if I should keep it..

Status
Not open for further replies.