Showcase - June 21-27, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ternal

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 3
feedback is appreciated and will be returned

First one is awesome, nothing more to say. Second one, ehh. I'm against putting rap vocals on beats unless it fits perfectly. You can have an acapella at the exact BPM as your beat and it still won't sound right because the rapper is making sure to stress the syllables to hit on certain points within the beat. If your beat doesn't "hit" on those syllables it can sound odd. I feel like that acapella takes away from your beat.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@3ternal and @GEETONJA thanks for the feedback, yeah the Tupac remix was experimental so I kind of figured it wasn’t it, just wanted to try something different. @3ternal was trying to give feedback but I think your link doesn’t work with my phone

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@3ternal intro is to long you could cut half of it imho. i feel the bass could be more in your face and wobbly and those cymbal hits dont mesh well with the rest also you could work on the panning of the instruments a bit. hook is catchy tho and the beat has a nice composition

@Matt-D first one is really good, really chaotic but in a good way ( i really like that oboe sounding instrument you got in there thats unusal) dont have much to add its dope nicley mixed too

here's mine after a break

GEETONJA

@3ternal intro is to long you could cut half of it imho. i feel the bass could be more in your face and wobbly and those cymbal hits dont mesh well with the rest also you could work on the panning of the instruments a bit. hook is catchy tho and the beat has a nice composition

@Matt-D first one is really good, really chaotic but in a good way ( i really like that oboe sounding instrument you got in there thats unusal) dont have much to add its dope nicley mixed too

This was nice beat it was good but I was waiting hear of some sort big bass at some point through out

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
This was nice beat it was good but I was waiting hear of some sort big bass at some point through out
U on phone ?cuz beleive me there is supposed to be a huge bass in this tho i cant hear it on my phone either lol (oh no )

3ternal

ILLIEN
My thoughts on the long intro are as follows:

1. You'd be surprised just how much an artist (in this case a rapper) talking, or rapping or what not covers up something like that, or diverts your attention from the fact that there's noting else going on.

2. The second thing is that I feel like the buildup between A section and B creates enough tension to make the wait for that release rewarding. I feel that way because the buildup is melodic in nature versus say a riser.

Now with that said there are things I can do to "spice it up" just a little along the way. I was initially thinking just a hat with a delay (to add a little depth the beat) hitting every bar or something just to take a little attention away from the length of the intro.

I agree with you on everything else. It was not mixed too much, just like a rough mix. Most channels were only run through filters at most, no EQ's, no panning or anything. I did slap a reverb on the melody which is two electric pianos, the high and low end are split and subtly mixed a little different from each other through their filters. Same with the drums, they're a somewhat generic pattern right now to get the idea out. They're not nearly as nuanced as I'd like, and mostly yet to be mixed.

Now, regarding the cymbals....bro, I've been trying to figure out how to get a proper sound out of a cymbal forever. I don't know if I'm using bad samples, or just have no idea how to properly mix them. I'm not talking mixing them as in mixing them in space, I'm talking about what to cut, what to boost, how much to filter,etc. I've never been able to figure it out or even find answers.

Anyways my apologies for writing War and Peace length response over here but thanks for feedback, I appreciate it. Me posting my beat in here for critique is like secret code for "help me out with this beat before I totally ruin it". :D

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
@3ternal so i think the thing with cymbals is that you want them hitting maybe once on the transition between like the verse and the hook (adding delay can make it sound kinda cool to) if you want them going multiple times in a row like that you might need more than one sample and or / mess with the velocity and the pitch so they dont sound so uniform and more natural, yeah i mean long intro's are honestly just personal preference i feel like if ur gonna put an artist on it as you say, you can easily get away with it. thanks for listening and like i said there was a lot of good stuff in ur beat also was just listing the things that stuck out to me :)

3ternal

ILLIEN
@3ternal so i think the thing with cymbals is that you want them hitting maybe once on the transition between like the verse and the hook (adding delay can make it sound kinda cool to) if you want them going multiple times in a row like that you might need more than one sample and or / mess with the velocity and the pitch so they dont sound so uniform and more natural, yeah i mean long intro's are honestly just personal preference i feel like if ur gonna put an artist on it as you say, you can easily get away with it. thanks for listening and like i said there was a lot of good stuff in ur beat also was just listing the things that stuck out to me :)

Check your PM's when you get a chance

apisol

would be nice to hear some more variation within the drum sounds used, snare rolls with the same sound dont hit as hard as sounds changing or like a modulated reverb / delay or something to vary them more. also there's a touch too much reverb on snare and hats imo.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@Crispifier great sequence on this one! Everything flows smoothly and builds up nicely. Your drums are clean and crisp and the melody is catchy! And your mix is on point bro! Everything fits nicely, question though are you selling your beats? Just wondering cause your stuff is always high quality so I figured you are.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
@Crispifier great sequence on this one! Everything flows smoothly and builds up nicely. Your drums are clean and crisp and the melody is catchy! And your mix is on point bro! Everything fits nicely, question though are you selling your beats? Just wondering cause your stuff is always high quality so I figured you are.
i've been thinking about it i just need to find the right place to sell em i've heard mixed opinions on beatstar etc do you have any reccomendations ? oh and ty for the feedback bruh always appriciate your input ^_^

MyDamSelph

Beatmaker

This is pretty fire bro. I like the flow a lot and when the melody breaks down into the bells, thats super clean. Only thing I would say is maybe the snare is a bit too sharp for the rest of the mix. I could hear Tech N9ne or somebody similar on this one though, maybe even Brotha Lynch Hung.

This is the most recent beat I posted to my beatstars account today, 8 days into having my store up. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. https://www.beatstars.com/beat/swank-8554573

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@Crispifier yeah man I’m looking for recommendations as well I thought about beatstars as well but like you said I heard mixed reviews also but I’m definitely looking

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online