Showcase - June 22-28, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Marc Duncan haha its always you and me posting first buddy :p i really like the bells in this one, very different from your usual stuff this has a lot of atmosphere, chill beat with a subdued tone nice breakdown at the 1:50ish mark i really like this as just an ambient beat wouldn't change much perhaps the "tick" that comes in periodically but thats just me nitpicking very cool track my dude warranted a second listen ! :)

heres mine it's the finished version of the one i posted last week special thanks to @crosstevsky and @Pappas Beats for giving me some tips on drums and stuff over on the discord channel

Last edited:
@Crispifier I already wrote my feedback on this beat. Drums are better so it's nice that you found a way with @crosstevsky and @Pappas Beats to improve them.

@Matt-D Both remixes are great. :D Both beats you made for these vocals are on top level. In "Aerosal Can" I think that you might have added a part on drums similar to the one that appears here at 0:39. I mean added some kick and some hihats.

But it's just my 2 cents. You can leave both productions as they are because really there is not much to criticise here. At least in my opinion. :D

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
@Matt-D thank you for the feedback ^^ both your remixes are sick bro they are also quite different in tone i'm quite partial to the second one just enjoy the laidback sad vibe, the sitar on the first one and the staccato ? im going with staccato 8 bit sounding synth thingy made me smile. just very well put together tracks in general m8 nice work

@Memento Beats thanks for pushing me on the drums i've learned a lot heheh :) I actually knew this was your beat when i was voting for the comp :) i was like "oh a really pissed off sounding synth....definitly memento ! " its fucking dope was listening to this when i was working out earlier, i like the sfx insert ( the scream chainsaw etc ) if you had time to make this longer as in not in a comp setting i think it would be cool with a quiter part to contrast the in your face style you have, would maybe make the killer synth parts pop even more, nice work again my man

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
@Crispifier listening out of my phone speaker so... byt drums sounded decent from what i could tell.

The beat sound3d a little "busy" maybe. I'll have to checkon headphones or monitor. Tonally sounded good but maybe busy.

I'll maybe try update this when i change listening.

What daw and vsts/ sounds are you using? Just out of curiosity

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Appreciate the feedback Guys!
@Memento Beats I actually thought about that with the hats but I figured it would be too much. Man this is straight FIRE! I didn't get a chance to check out the results but I imagine you won, if not it must have really been some heat in that battle.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
@Crispifier listening out of my phone speaker so... byt drums sounded decent from what i could tell.

The beat sound3d a little "busy" maybe. I'll have to checkon headphones or monitor. Tonally sounded good but maybe busy.

I'll maybe try update this when i change listening.

What daw and vsts/ sounds are you using? Just out of curiosity

hmm you may be right definitly on a phone speaker i can see having that much crammed into a small freq range could make it crowded.. it is a habit i have, making countermelodies to countermelodies so you can countermelody while you countermelody :p hahahah ty for the feedback tho ^^ would be curious on your opinion through headphones... i use fl studio only real vst i've used money on is rc 20 the rest are free, upgrading is on the horision but i'd rather hold off on spending cash untill i know exactly what i want, im thinking about getting a better library as i like using brass (bbc orchestra? maybe?) and also a decent synth so i can mess with sound design

Khaly Beatz

@Marc Duncan haha its always you and me posting first buddy :p i really like the bells in this one, very different from your usual stuff this has a lot of atmosphere, chill beat with a subdued tone nice breakdown at the 1:50ish mark i really like this as just an ambient beat wouldn't change much perhaps the "tick" that comes in periodically but thats just me nitpicking very cool track my dude warranted a second listen ! :)

heres mine it's the finished version of the one i posted last week special thanks to @crosstevsky and @Pappas Beats for giving me some tips on drums and stuff over on the discord channel

Woah I must say, you are hella good on the Piano man

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
Hey @Khaly Beatz nice work.
I like this kind of vibe, it's something I could listen for a long time, really.
I'm just a beginner, if you allow me to comment.

There's something I would change, I'm not sure if it's a flute or something like that. The idea is great, but maybe you could change the notes to sound more like "part of the same thing". You know what I'm trying to say?

Keep going man. Just subscribed on your channel :)

Khaly Beatz

Hey @Khaly Beatz nice work.
I like this kind of vibe, it's something I could listen for a long time, really.
I'm just a beginner, if you allow me to comment.

There's something I would change, I'm not sure if it's a flute or something like that. The idea is great, but maybe you could change the notes to sound more like "part of the same thing". You know what I'm trying to say?

Keep going man. Just subscribed on your channel :)
Thanks. I hear what you're getting at. The melody at the hook sounds abit off because I intentionally did it. If an Artist came up with a catchy hook it would sound fine. But maybe I should have stuck to the same progression for the hook. I just wanted to add some variation. Hopefully it didnt mess the beat up.

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
Thanks. I hear what you're getting at. The melody at the hook sounds abit off because I intentionally did it. If an Artist came up with a catchy hook it would sound fine. But maybe I should have stuck to the same progression for the hook. I just wanted to add some variation. Hopefully it didnt mess the beat up.

The beat is nice, really. I understand what you did and it makes sense. It's nice to see you're trying something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.