Showcase - June 22-28, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Khaly Beatz ok so not sure but it sounds like you messed with the pitch of the lead melody here? i see what your going for making dissonant tones n stuff the problem is that dissonant notes are 7ths and and 2nd intervals (im not super good on intervals but i beleive this is the case musically ) example being C note and a D note played at the same time this creates like an erie atmosphere on the other hand if you did what it sounds like here you offset the pitch slightly meaning that the melody sounds out of tune not dissonant this is especially noticable on a few of the notes when they match up to the 808. again the rythmn nicley done.. i think theres a good beat in here if you fix the melody :)

@prodbeto the good stuff: nice work for just having started i like the sad asmosphere your have going, this is more like ambient music rather than lof,i lofi being to my mind more jazz chords etc the rythmn is simple but works the not so good: needs some variation on the chord progression and the composition ( i did notice you switched up the drums at places which is a good thing! ) things to work on: i would say unless its a different type of chord, going from minor to major like this through the whole song gets a little repetetive if you introduced some different progressions/parts in the future that would improve your overall beats to sum up: good work on your first beat m8! you definitly have a knack for atmosphere ! :)

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
@prodbeto the good stuff: nice work for just having started i like the sad asmosphere your have going, this is more like ambient music rather than lof,i lofi being to my mind more jazz chords etc the rythmn is simple but works the not so good: needs some variation on the chord progression and the composition ( i did notice you switched up the drums at places which is a good thing! ) things to work on: i would say unless its a different type of chord, going from minor to major like this through the whole song gets a little repetetive if you introduced some different progressions/parts in the future that would improve your overall beats to sum up: good work on your first beat m8! you definitly have a knack for atmosphere ! :)

Thank you so much! It's really important for me to understand how and what I can improve. Will follow your tips!

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Thank you so much! It's really important for me to understand how and what I can improve. Will follow your tips!

just to add you can have 2 chord beats but the drums would probably be more in focus it is kinda on a case by case basis i feel depending on melody composition spacing etc etc

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 543
hmm you may be right definitly on a phone speaker i can see having that much crammed into a small freq range could make it crowded.. it is a habit i have, making countermelodies to countermelodies so you can countermelody while you countermelody :p hahahah ty for the feedback tho ^^ would be curious on your opinion through headphones... i use fl studio only real vst i've used money on is rc 20 the rest are free, upgrading is on the horision but i'd rather hold off on spending cash untill i know exactly what i want, im thinking about getting a better library as i like using brass (bbc orchestra? maybe?) and also a decent synth so i can mess with sound design
Haha

One of my reasons for saying about phone tho is it can be useful, it's good if your track can still sound good out of phone - unfortunately a lot of people listen out of their phone speaker or laptop speaker or equivalent. But it can also be useful that if some thing sounds a bit off on lesser listening device their could be issue with it.

I'll check and see tho.

Yeaj i been thinkong aboutgetting the bbc thing, would have been good when i was thinkinf about entering a scoring competition. One reason i haven't is strings/pianos is old news to me, that's like 90% of my old stuff so I'm swerving it to try move forward.

I envy how your stuff sounds sound musically tho.

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
Battle Points: 3
@Marc Duncan haha its always you and me posting first buddy :p i really like the bells in this one, very different from your usual stuff this has a lot of atmosphere, chill beat with a subdued tone nice breakdown at the 1:50ish mark i really like this as just an ambient beat wouldn't change much perhaps the "tick" that comes in periodically but thats just me nitpicking very cool track my dude warranted a second listen ! :)

heres mine it's the finished version of the one i posted last week special thanks to @crosstevsky and @Pappas Beats for giving me some tips on drums and stuff over on the discord channel

[/QUOT

I don't know if you used real drums but they sound amazing. The bass sounds a bit distorted but anyone can live with that, and the sax is the icing on this beat; great work!!

prodbeto

Prod. Beto
@Marc Duncan haha its always you and me posting first buddy :p i really like the bells in this one, very different from your usual stuff this has a lot of atmosphere, chill beat with a subdued tone nice breakdown at the 1:50ish mark i really like this as just an ambient beat wouldn't change much perhaps the "tick" that comes in periodically but thats just me nitpicking very cool track my dude warranted a second listen ! :)

heres mine it's the finished version of the one i posted last week special thanks to @crosstevsky and @Pappas Beats for giving me some tips on drums and stuff over on the discord channel

Awesome!!
Hope to get to that level of piano lines someday

Cooked this up today. Not too sure what to think of it. Let me know what you think!

Thank you @Khaly Beatz @Crispifier @Matt-D for your kind words about "The Purge" :D

As far as your beat @Khaly Beatz is concerned I love drums here. Snare and hihats sound very good as well as kick. 808 hits hard. I like the sound of melodic parts but as it was mentioned earlier they sound a bit off but if it was intentional as you said then I have nothing else to criticise here. Your beats are put together very well. :)

Just started publishing my own beats. Let me know your opinion about it. Cheers!

Welcome to Illmuzik @prodbeto :D I have to say I'm not an expert in lo-fi genre so I will just say what I like and dislike here. I like the sound of the piano here. Its sound is very rich and live, melody is good. I didn't like drums as they were hidden somewhere in the background but I know it can be allowed in lo-fi. Also that melody at 2:03 sounds a little bit off to me. But as I said earlier I'm not an expert in this genre so I would recommend taking my feedback with a grain of salt. :D

AlphaStudart

Battle Points: 2
@Crispifier
Like the piano. Sounds you have so much work on that. Also very interesting vocal sample... Nice job

@Matt-D
The Blame, it's so smooth and so punchy at the same time... love it man congrats nice remix

@Memento Beats
Nasty beat bro, the bassline atract my atention. Keep doing good stuff

There is my Trap beginer atemps, I hope a will lern more about this genere with you guys. Peace

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
@AlphaStudart i really enjoyed this. i'm not super familiar with trap but there was a lot i liked here. the delay on the snare is a really great touch, the lowkey 808 works suberbly mainly though i feel nothing in this track is overdone, which i think is something thats really hard to pull off (even for experienced musicians/producers) as an example the few piano notes that come in on occasion, dunno man this just has a lot of that "feeling" i get with some music...know thats kinda vague but it usaully means stuffs good. everything seems to have a purpose and i think this is a really high level for a first attempt at a genre, excellent work

AlphaStudart

@AlphaStudart i really enjoyed this. i'm not super familiar with trap but there was a lot i liked here. the delay on the snare is a really great touch, the lowkey 808 works suberbly mainly though i feel nothing in this track is overdone, which i think is something thats really hard to pull off (even for experienced musicians/producers) as an example the few piano notes that come in on occasion, dunno man this just has a lot of that "feeling" i get with some music...know thats kinda vague but it usaully means stuffs good. everything seems to have a purpose and i think this is a really high level for a first attempt at a genre, excellent work
Hey man, i'm really motiveted with your opinion, not just you sayed nice things about the beat, but, because i didn't know exactly what my relative level position, in terms of quality in a genere i'm not familiared too.
My main dificult it's the hihats, and the way it flow over the instrumental, it's somthing to work about. Thankz a lot for the words.

AlphaStudart

@prodbeto
Actualy not bad bro, I just expected a litle more moviment on drums, and a few variation on piano melody, but you allready have the sense of constrution the chords, that is importante.
Try to be carefull with some notes out of key, mainly in the bassline. Keep going man!
@DELUXE BEATS

I definitly enjoy your beat. The slice 808's, sincronized with the hihats memento sounds realy awsome! I hope one day to know do something like that. Congrats

just to share my little beatmaking sampled totaly of music made live on street. (Including drums and bass)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online