Showcase - June 24-30, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

djc

Battle Points: 1
@toryhooks I really like the melody. I would maybe change up the kick pattern once in a while
@HVYW8 I really like the sample and how you used it. The hi-hats are a little quiet, I would say. The drums sound a little off-beat or something, but maybe that's just me :D. Good work!
@Ways I really like the melody and the vibe it gives me. The drums are also good, I would just maybe change the hi-hat pattern.

Here's mine. I'm also a real beginner, so any feedback is welcomed!

dolosaviour

Saviour
Hey I'm new to producing (2 months in) and this is my very first beat using a sample, tell me what y'all think lol.

Not bad for your first sample flip; try adding a bassline to your production.

not sure about those hihatsss :confusedphones:
I think your hihats are decent & I really liked the sample; impo I would change the sound of bass/or low octave piano (only by my preference). It reminds me of a westside gunn type of beat.
This is dope; when I heard the intro I thought I was about to hear TDE it's the same sample used in black lip bastard, it's a ill track if you haven't heard it!
This is a beat i just dropped today. Always down for criticism to use to make the next one a little bit better. Thanks in advance.
This is Eclipse

This is a good start but two things I recommend try adding some percussion to carry your drum pattern & turn your bass down a little bit.

Cam Hutch - Sunshine prod by ChuckWillYums
Vibes! :cool:

This is decent for a beginner esp. in terms of your arrangement; keep grafting!

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
Battle Points: 17
Not bad for your first sample flip; try adding a bassline to your production.
I think your hihats are decent & I really liked the sample; impo I would change the sound of bass/or low octave piano (only by my preference). It reminds me of a westside gunn type of beat.
This is dope; when I heard the intro I thought I was about to hear TDE it's the same sample used in black lip bastard, it's a ill track if you haven't heard it!
This is a good start but two things I recommend try adding some percussion to carry your drum pattern & turn your bass down a little bit.
Vibes! :cool:
This is decent for a beginner esp. in terms of your arrangement; keep grafting!
@dolosaviour appreciate you, and no I haven't heard the track till now, it is a banger. I normally don't deal with samples for that reason, but this beat was a request from a friend, he wanted something to make a song for his daughter, so he gave me that song, but thanks again on the comment ✌

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
first joint
Sample I was playing around with, let me know what you think✌
Nothing here yet.
I was really diggin this. idk how Arvin aint catch the rhythm, I was nodding my head with this before the snare came in. you have a sick conceptual ear. I'd like to hear more of your work.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
this reminds me of scott storch, but im not sure if it's dope enough, my bro put the flute on the verses, he also changed the kick pattern in some parts of the verse. how good is this ? what does it need ?

btw i dont know why, but this reminds me of the life of pablo.
the sounds sound clean and they work together well imo, but I feel like it might be a little slow. the pacing just seems to plod along... idk what could change that. it's pretty good and might be perfect for w/e project it's intended for, I might like it a lot more with a vocalist on it.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
This is a beat i just dropped today. Always down for criticism to use to make the next one a little bit better. Thanks in advance.
This is Eclipse

sorry plays like a casio preset. do something to add more life, more transients and some kind of action, the only drama is that scale walk on the mild synth sound. needs more caffeine

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Sloppy yet not sloppy beat!

this is a challenge. it swings harder than a lost planet, every once in a while the beat swings around to a bridge and kinda lines up, then orbits off. but it's still kinda ill. if I was gonna rhyme on it tho I'd need a swift engineer to work the fades and mutes. heavy

drex

superpimp trillionaire
@toryhooks I really like the melody. I would maybe change up the kick pattern once in a while
@HVYW8 I really like the sample and how you used it. The hi-hats are a little quiet, I would say. The drums sound a little off-beat or something, but maybe that's just me :D. Good work!
@Ways I really like the melody and the vibe it gives me. The drums are also good, I would just maybe change the hi-hat pattern.

good theme. I'd give the plucks a little break maybe a little bow on the strings. tells a good story.

Reactions: djc

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
Battle Points: 17
first joint

I was really diggin this. idk how Arvin aint catch the rhythm, I was nodding my head with this before the snare came in. you have a sick conceptual ear. I'd like to hear more of your work.
Appreciate you, not everyone's going to feel you, but there entitled to there opinionThanks again homie✌

Status
Not open for further replies.