Showcase - June 25-27, 2013

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle Points: 5
Nice track KDVS. If the overdubs were a bit better (better timing) it would've been great. The beat is nice & simple, and I don't know if this is the final mastered version or not, but it's ok. Good work!

It's useless to make any comments on Beats4TheStreets' music, since were friends. I know his production is dope!

Let me know what you think about my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/003cjay/sets/003s-top-secret-beats

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
Andrei Claudiu: hey, sorry, didnt have time to go threw the tape, but i will, love the opening. Good mixing skills, and creative. Looking forward to check this tape out moore..

C-Jay: the fx work on your first song is exelent, maybe a bit repetiv. But here the mc should work. The second beat i get this timba feel, i really like the synth leads on this one. Overall good work on all the beats. And welcome to illmuzik. :) oh, yeah, my submission is a work in progress, just wanted some opinions, thank you, i will go back and do the vokals again. :)

2good: i didnt get this. You took back a song you submitted or your comments on the beats? I put out beats here to get comments, dont care were they come from. Would love to get yours aswell. :):)

2good: i didnt get this. You took back a song you submitted or your comments on the beats? I put out beats here to get comments, dont care were they come from. Would love to get yours aswell. :):)

No problem, im gonna dig up something to post, then Ill drop feedback.

OK Heres one. Its an old flip I did of You Cant Blame Me - Johnson Hawkins Tatum And Durr

Feedback soon...

KDVS. I like this, I like the tempo. It sounds really clean. I would maybe add some distortion on that lead guitar to dirty it up a bit. Its a really catchy song. The more I listen the more I can hear the subtle nuances of the fingers snaps and the hi hats and construction of this beat, its really very good, the brass.....dope.
To add a more "hip hop" flavour to it I would add some low end dimension to the kick, make the kick more boomy to go with the punchyness. Im on my third listen. Im enjoying dissecting this song, even though I havent a clue what its about. I would probably try and throw the odd drumfill in there too maybe at the end of each verse. But yeah...great track.

C Jay - Time Travelling. I like the drums and the swing. I think it could use some more variation and progression.
Synthium - I agree about the 'timba'ness of this. I like this track more it has more variation and changeups it has a nice vybe too that would suit rnb very well. Reminds me of a track I have done, I even think I gave it a very similar name....Ill see if i can dig it up.
Close Encounter. Now on this one I dont think that snare is working, its just not hard enough IMO. This could be a really hard beat, with the right drums.

Battle Points: 309
So is everybody else. I know im gonna sound like a dick but fuck it. Everyone else would like feedback too.
Thats the point of the showcase. Otherwise it becomes like all the other pathetic sites where everyone is out for self and no one gets or gives feedback. Defeating the whole point in the first place. Dont think im directing this at you personally. Just have to let the newer guys know how we do around here. When everyone in the showcasw does their fair share of feedback it becomes invaluable to everyone involved. ????????? /// take deep breath mate

So is everybody else. I know im gonna sound like a dick but fuck it. Everyone else would like feedback too.
Thats the point of the showcase. Otherwise it becomes like all the other pathetic sites where everyone is out for self and no one gets or gives feedback. Defeating the whole point in the first place. Dont think im directing this at you personally. Just have to let the newer guys know how we do around here. When everyone in the showcasw does their fair share of feedback it becomes invaluable to everyone involved. ????????? /// take deep breath mate
Ok. Its interesting how you can quote a post i deleted about 16 hrs ago. And the reason i gave for deleting it is ON THIS PAGE.
Now while i go and take a deep breath how about you go read the rules.

Whats good guys, first up some feedback.

KVDS - Dope beat, the production sounds really good. I like the guitar and keys together with their offbeat skank, it sounds kind of ska-like or dubby. The vocals sound crisp and well recorded, but I wish I could understand haha, my bad not yours!!

Andrei - I like your beat tape, the production is tight and my style exactly. I think get ready is my favorite track i like how you applied distortion to the delfonics sample.

2 good productions - love that sample on of my favs, ta-ku did a song really recently which I love. Drums are really nice but i would make the snare hit a bit harder.

Let me know what you guys think of my newest beat:

ill o.g.
rangus room - feeling the main samples the bassline on the the breakdown could use switching out or some reverb or maybe layered with like a arp synth or somethng like that stil tight

Andrei - you got alot of godlike mixes there bro im in awe

2Good - Good smoking music right here love it puts me in the 90's mood I can see boot camp clik or CL Smooth on this

Cjay - like beat 3 the most... sonically all over the place .. love that shit!! inspires me to work on my fx and breakdowns

bass keep clicking in this one trying to fix it

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
2Good: First off, the theme in the song is very good, love it! Drums are deep, still hard, a fantastic combo. Hiats are swinging and gets the beat bouncing. Base is perfect in the mix. I like how in front the guitar chords are. So, very good mixing. When the hook kicks in is really nice, and the percussion is good, maybe the only thing i can say something on is that the percussions could be a bit more blended in the mix, or i dont know, maybe dirty them up a bit.. I have listen to some of your songs, there was one you had in a sample flip here that i loved and this one is my favorite so far. Looking forward to moore.. reply: I will try out everything you said. This is what gets me going, very glad you commented, very much appreciated. You are a very good producer, thank you again.

rangusroon: Light it up. I really like how the drums comes inn in the start, when the base comes and the sample gets flipped is really nice. digging that synth fx thing going on the left side. I think this is really good, if im going to say anything, i would love to get the main sample abit higher in the mix, but style is style. Great work.. :)

Thank you to everyone for feedback...

rangusroon. really feeling this beat, has a real wu vybe. love the bassline and the synth bass. and the hook is dope. over-composition is sick.
is that a kantele or something, really love that instrument it has a real oriental vybe. my only change would probably be what KDVS said, bring up that main sample a little.

mckwaichangcane. the first beat. I like the way the instruments are layered, but something is lacking. Now Im no fan of 808 beats, but I would say this beat needs an 808 long tail kick, or a strong bassline, just to fill out that region of the frequency spectrum. I think some toms, pizzicato, string stabs could be considered to add to the energy.
I think the mixing could use some work on all of the tracks, the drums sound very weak. And the overall volumes are pretty low. On the third track I think stronger drums and a better mix with some more variation in the structure and this would be dope.
Have you tried equing and adjusting the attack and release of the bassline. This can often fix clicks.
on the equing... If you cut below 30hz completely on the bassline it will give you more room to louden it without clipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.