Showcase - June 27 - July 3, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
TLDR
throw they hands up - Superpimptrillionaire

Don't hesitate to request clarity on a point I make on your work.
When I post my work in here it will be for one or more of these reasons
- need help. is it too much? is it missing something? how do I cancel that slow oscillation? etc...
-need cheer squad. just say its dope if you feelin it... if not say that too but then say I got ill samples or somethin ta make it better...
-thats pretty much it. ta say yo check this out. It's dope, I made that. or What do you hear that's glaringly wrong and how can I fix it.

*before long you will recognize my sound and be able to tell how much distortion I'm aiming for, so don't worry if it aint your style. I expect that most won't be all on it, and I still respect all opinions.
peace.

Erik

Battle Points: 8
TLDR
throw they hands up - Superpimptrillionaire

Don't hesitate to request clarity on a point I make on your work.
When I post my work in here it will be for one or more of these reasons
- need help. is it too much? is it missing something? how do I cancel that slow oscillation? etc...
-need cheer squad. just say its dope if you feelin it... if not say that too but then say I got ill samples or somethin ta make it better...
-thats pretty much it. ta say yo check this out. It's dope, I made that. or What do you hear that's glaringly wrong and how can I fix it.

*before long you will recognize my sound and be able to tell how much distortion I'm aiming for, so don't worry if it aint your style. I expect that most won't be all on it, and I still respect all opinions.
peace.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!?!?

that shit was wild... I hear Ras Kass on it. Drums bang.

Only thing is that it's hella repetitive. Find a way to break it up and you've go something.

Here's something that I finished up today.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!?!?

that shit was wild... I hear Ras Kass on it. Drums bang.

Only thing is that it's hella repetitive. Find a way to break it up and you've go something.

Here's something that I finished up today.

pensive and hopeful in the beginning, reassuring thruout. very reliable track. easy storyteller.
Composition sounds like it may want a more prominent bassline to drive it thru the main verse...
great vibe with the track... nice sample manipulation
good meditative flip at the end
did not like the reel effect. (but DON'T let me stop you. I woulda never used timbalands baby sfx)

2013C

imo, you have to have a vision for the track or else like anything in life, you plan to fail if you fail to plan.
I often sit down to make a this type of track and end up with a that type of track, and that's ok imo... but even when the plans change I have plans. a track may be more suited as a background piece good for commercials or presentations, it doesn't always have to be a beat waiting for a rapper or dj... giving some thought to what you want from your work will help shape your work. Peace

True
I was probably, thinking of someone who had to prove he got bars

KZA

Prada Don
@KZA ... what is a fetty wap type beat? ... dope track though

@eelxb Well, I just made this beat and the vibe made me feel like Fetty Wap would sound cool on this, that's why I named it that on YouTube.
I don't really try to make certain Type Beats i just add it to the title if I feel like it fits. Thanks for the feedback.

As for your beat, I think it's really dope. The sample and the drums sound perfect together. props

@King Drew Xlll Maybe you're right, I don't know. I was feeling it at the time so I kept it. Thanks for your feedback man.

@NONONSENSEBEATS Thanks, maybe your beat inspired me some time ago and subconciously reminded me while making this. I try to listen to all beats that get posted here, because I think there is a lot of talent in this forum.

Deemitri

Here's my flip of Ms Fat Booty by Mos Def. currently on my phone so I'll reply with feedback when I'm back home.

Peace

Experimenting with different sounds, this is a classical/hip hop fusion appreciate all feedback.
Will be back tomorrow to leave feedback for people who gave others good feedback

@S.K. MUSIC Love the sample. 808 goes hard too. However I feel like the sample is not enough to carry the song melodically, to me this beat needs some additional elements to the melody as it sounds a bit basic, the drums are good though.
@Erik I feel like the chord progression is a bit basic, could do with more variation. I like the horns that come in to signal a transation in the song and the drums are a really smooth.
@eelxb Great sampling. Nice smooth Jazzy beat. I like it, don't really have anything for you.
@odbarq This is very basic. Would be good for a freestyle or something of that nature which I assume is what you were going for

drex

superpimp trillionaire
@S.K. MUSIC Love the sample. 808 goes hard too. However I feel like the sample is not enough to carry the song melodically, to me this beat needs some additional elements to the melody as it sounds a bit basic, the drums are good though.
@Erik I feel like the chord progression is a bit basic, could do with more variation. I like the horns that come in to signal a transation in the song and the drums are a really smooth.
@eelxb Great sampling. Nice smooth Jazzy beat. I like it, don't really have anything for you.
@odbarq This is very basic. Would be good for a freestyle or something of that nature which I assume is what you were going for
I put in two beats, guess traditionally people only leave one.
I guess you were calling chill basic because I cant see throw they hands up being seen as basic. but in case I'm wrong which one?
and yes or no, depending on what you mean by freestyle; I like sparse open beats that leave space for vocal play when I write for lyrics... thanks for the feedback.

I put in two beats, guess traditionally people only leave one.
I guess you were calling chill basic because I cant see throw they hands up being seen as basic. but in case I'm wrong which one?
and yes or no, depending on what you mean by freestyle; I like sparse open beats that leave space for vocal play when I write for lyrics... thanks for the feedback.

@odbarq My bad i should have specified, I didn't have time to read the whole thread at the time, was talking about chill. However what you said is important, as someone relatively new to beatmaking I often don't think about what an artist would want.

Drums bang on throw they hands, that beat sounds perfect for someone with an aggressive delivery to just vent.

Erik

Battle Points: 8
Sampled some old Jazz let me know what yall think! Thanks

yo... this is really dope... totally ready for a big name.... just get it in someone's hands!

Here's one that I've been sitting on for awhile. Could work for an interlude or something. I'm not really sure where it woud fit best.

Status
Not open for further replies.