Showcase - June 28-July 4, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Matt-D Great job brotha! I like the way you incorporated all the different layers of sound. Sounds pretty good. I also particularly like the drum selection, especially the snare. And the swing on the hi-hats is real cool.

Here is mine for this week. Trying to use unique samples these days. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

SigmaAirav

Eclectic Musician
Greetings, I am interested in this corner of the internet and decided I would like to participate for personal growth. I have been making music for almost 20 years but haven't made a dime from it yet, I am still learning but am quite serious to become a true bread winning professional music producer at some point

SigmaAirav

Eclectic Musician

Hey guys ! im new to the community and its pleased to meet you guys . Would really appreciate any feedback for the beat !

I like the clear sounds, it is light and a bit airy, I imagine a sunny day, looking at the sky while traveling in relative comfort and peace when I listen. By brain works weird that way

SigmaAirav

Eclectic Musician
@Matt-D Great job brotha! I like the way you incorporated all the different layers of sound. Sounds pretty good. I also particularly like the drum selection, especially the snare. And the swing on the hi-hats is real cool.

Here is mine for this week. Trying to use unique samples these days. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

This kinda gives me the same vibes as the soundtrack for the Afro Samurai anime, is lit!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Don't @SigmaAirav be too anxious to be a pro music producer in the currently questionable state of the business none of us has any control of. You don't wanna deal with singers and/or rappers who think buying beats online is the same as a physical relationship with producers, it's not.

SigmaAirav

Eclectic Musician
Don't @SigmaAirav be too anxious to be a pro music producer in the currently questionable state of the business none of us has any control of. You don't wanna deal with singers and/or rappers who think buying beats online is the same as a physical relationship with producers, it's not.
I'm unsure what you mean. The stuff I make is more ideal for video games and movies. Ideally, I would be looking for people to commission me to compose soundtracks for their projects. Rappers and singers might not be the primary audience that would be attracted to the majority of my personal music content

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Don't @SigmaAirav be unsure as what I said is about how the market is financially.

SigmaAirav

Eclectic Musician
Don't @SigmaAirav be unsure as what I said is about how the market is financially.
I will keep that in mind. I aim to find multiple ways I can generate passive and active income with my music and artwork. I am well aware that it is very difficult to get financial success in the arts however, as some say, "Challenge accepted". I want to make a modest safe and comfortable living doing what I love, just so happens that what I love doing is a particularly challenging thing to profit from but eventually I know I can get there if I persevere

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Tell @SigmaAirav what's your idea of a modest and/or comfortable living as your secret is safe with me :censored:

SigmaAirav

Eclectic Musician
Tell @SigmaAirav what's your idea of a modest and/or comfortable living as your secret is safe with me :censored:
To make enough money to be able to cover all living expenses, have enough extra to be able to cover potential sudden emergencies, and also then have enough that can gradually accumulate if not spent or be spent without cutting into money dedicated to aforementioned higher priority expenses.

Housing, I wouldn't need much space, I already have almost all the gear I need to do what I want to do. I don't care for the kinds of lifestyles I see billionaires and many millionaires living out If I ever ended up making that kind of crazy money, I would spend it on people who need it as I would not need to have that much money to live my preferred lifestyle producing music and art

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Rah.sool i like this one!! The only thing I would adjust is the kick it goes perfectly and everything just needs to knock a little harder then it would bang!! That’s just me though it’s already a banger

@mingaling26 i like the vibe this beat has really puts me in a good mood!
Thanks Matt. Are you saying I should just make the volume higher on the drums?

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown

Nice work (sample is dope)! Some things i've noticed;
The end of the bassline (lowest tones) don't fit the sample (key). Have you tried leaving out all but the first bass note? Creating a bassline can be tricky when a sample has little to no chord progression.
On the right side of the stereo image (I think it's from the sample) theres a midrange tone that's resonating. If I have this kind of 'problem' with a sample I usually use a stereo imager + EQ sweep to track down and cut that frequency.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Rah.sool i was actually confused by yours because like I said your kick sounds perfect too me like it is because it does knock, but then it does sound a little low but at the same time it seems like turning it up would throw off the mix. Im not quite sure how to fix that issue tbh because my mixing skills and terminology only go so far lol and I don’t wanna give you the wrong solution.

SigmaAirav

Eclectic Musician
This was made through Mix Superstar on my nintendo wii when I was a teenager just getting into learning and experimenting with mixing loops and samples in a DAW. Mix Superstar served as great hands on educational tool for me to learn some of the basics of mixing music.

Reactions: TWU

Yo this is lit mane

Hey guys ! im new to the community and its pleased to meet you guys . Would really appreciate any feedback for the beat !

Nice vibes dawg, nice vibes.
Greetings, I am interested in this corner of the internet and decided I would like to participate for personal growth. I have been making music for almost 20 years but haven't made a dime from it yet, I am still learning but am quite serious to become a true bread winning professional music producer at some point

Jazz nation rise up!

Status
Not open for further replies.