Showcase - June 3-9, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@marrty Heard your beat from the last showcase and the mix is not to thin everything sounds fine and good beat also. Love the drum pattern and the way your drums knock.
@Kod4R Classic beat bro!!
@BVitality not bad I thought it was good you didn't change it up that much but I expected something with more elements added to it
@AlphaStudart I like the beat but the mix seems muffled maybe that was the sound you was going for but I would like to hear it with a better mix

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 33
I'm not seeing the ones tha Matt-D is referencing by marrty and Kod4R..
@AlphaStudart Not sure about the vocals.. but the beat was pretty cool. Real simple, but had a great sound to it. This is a style I haven't been able to master. I force things and have a fear of the silence. You used very few elements to make something enjoyable. I think the emcee is going to drive this beat more than on its own... It's great for someone to spit on, but on its own, just doesn't have a lot going on. But like I said.. that's not necessarily a bad thing. Depends on the purpose.

@BVitality That was definitely enjoyable to watch! I'm not sure how much exactly you took from the original , I'd have to A/B them, but the main section was there. I'm not really sure what you were going for though. I mean, judging by the title, I do. But, I'm not sure you hit it. Just seemed like a remix of sorts in general. It was good. I mean.. Not a lot popping off. I remember the original having a lot more hihat work and snare patterns. I was expecting a lot more of that with maybe like EDM type drops and effects to give it that 2019 thing.. but, didn't really hear where the 2019 aspect was.

AlphaStudart

Battle Points: 2
@StoneLockProd very construtive observation, and I fully agree you you about propose of the beat. That is maked for spit some rhimes, and i'ts just a quite environment for lirics. The mixing of vocals, and a captation are not so good, but, i'm lerarning to do this stuff better.
About your beat, liked the way you chop and sequences, I think the middle's are kind of loud, but agiain, is a matter of taste. Good work
@
Matt-D yes, I think are the vocals. i'm working to do a batter mixing. Thanks for listen

Last edited:

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
Battle Points: 17
Let me know what you think? And sorry about all the previous post didn't know what I was doing✌
Nothing here yet.

StoneLockProd

New to the site
Battle Points: 33
Let me know what you think? And sorry about all the previous post didn't know what I was doing✌
Nothing here yet.
Usually I wouldn’t respond in depth. I like to give what I get. So I shouldn’t say anymore than “don’t like it”. But it appears you’re probably just starting out. I’m trying to think of a constructive point... let’s grab the one thing that maybe had potential. The flute sound. It wasn’t bad on its own. But there was nothing else going on with it. You can’t drive an entire track with one melody. People will lose interest unless it’s a Beatles level melody! Even then, there are going to be some change ups. A good rule is to always change something every few bars. You had the brass sound in there as a low end. That helped keep it a little different throughout but it was a really harsh sound.

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
Usually I wouldn’t respond in depth. I like to give what I get. So I shouldn’t say anymore than “don’t like it”. But it appears you’re probably just starting out. I’m trying to think of a constructive point... let’s grab the one thing that maybe had potential. The flute sound. It wasn’t bad on its own. But there was nothing else going on with it. You can’t drive an entire track with one melody. People will lose interest unless it’s a Beatles level melody! Even then, there are going to be some change ups. A good rule is to always change something every few bars. You had the brass sound in there as a low end. That helped keep it a little different throughout but it was a really harsh sound.
Appreciate the time and feedback, I be need a second opinion sometimes, not around a lot of musically inclined people, so all feed is appreciate good or bad

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
What do you think about the other one?

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
Nothing here yet.

BeatMaker80

RB Productions
Most the same as the previous applies. The melody was worse. Didn’t catch my ear at all. Are you using scales? How are you putting together these sounds?
Most the same as the previous applies. The melody was worse. Didn’t catch my ear at all. Are you using scales? How are you putting together these sounds?
[/QUOTE
I respect your opinion, your beat wasn't really my twist either but the mix was good to me, but a producer has to be open minded, and willing to try new and different things, but no I don't use scales and I put the tracks together in a DAW, I can't say a beat is no good if the beat is in a genre I don't normally deal with.

Ways

Nice beat. good melody kinda reminds me of GTA San Andres ahah love the snare rolls btw

My last prod on soundcloud. hope you guys listen

Nice boom bap. I like the old style of beats.

Nothing here yet.
I mean its not terrible, has potential but im not sure what you're trying to do with the beat. Try throwing down a melody and seeing what that does as for the other one B.D? it sounds like its trying to be a little dubstep ish.. Thats just my opinion... You have potential, just need to work with your scales a little more. Start with a minor scale and work with it, trust me it will do wonders! Chord progressions are important to. keep it up, cant wait to see what you come up with later.

Ways

This is a beat I finished yesterday... Imo its good, but sounds kinda empty? maybe i missed some sounds/FX I could have added. The melody is good, same with the drums. I think my bass line is decent but needs work.... Let me know what you think cause there is always room for improvement and i love feedback good or bad ;)
If you like what you see,feel free to drop a like and sub! If not thats okay too haha have a good afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online