Showcase - June 30 - July 6, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

athagreat

Battle Points: 48
A norwegian version of SBTRKT - Hold On

Thats a cool song bro

Check this beat out im workin on

@KDVS Great job man, I really dig this. Such a lovely melody.

Here's mine. Let me know what you think.

Bro this beat has that straight ol school feel to it i like it alot reminds me of 50 cent back in the day ... cant really give too much criticism on it everything sounds good

Last edited by a moderator:

Pouncey

EDM/Trap Producer
Hey guys, i havent been on in a long time and i re-did the low pass filter on this one and i need feedback

Heavy af! Love it

Thats a cool song bro

Check this beat out im workin on

Great work man, Love the piano, Everything is nice.

The feedback on my last post/track said it was to fast paced and was hard to catch onto anything, so I took that into consideration, Caused me to have beatblock for a few weeks but I finally was able to finish something yesterday:

Chubbs66

kvds - very nice. i don't know the original you're referring to but i'm guessing the vocal is your own, what about the rest?

phl - nice production, i'm likeing the 6/4(?) beat.

athgreat - slick! what's the sample from? the drums could be fattened up i reckon, as could the bass. plenty of potential.

here's my one, something i started a while back then put aside. i just tidied it up a bit but it definitely could use some work structurally. any ideas?

Erik

Battle Points: 8
@KDVS Great job man, I really dig this. Such a lovely melody.

Here's mine. Let me know what you think.

oooooooohhhhhhhh that's tiiiight! Got my head bouncin' on that one! I like how the rhythm kinda sticks and goes. Keeps me guessin.

Check this one out... A bit of an opposite.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@PHL : Very nice bounce. that base line is perfect. like the strings. got that dirty sound and i digg it.
@athagreat : soft, and chill.yeah, i needed that piano in there, very smooth sir. the choir is also very good. great work
@Chubbs66 : im liking the vocal sample you put in. i maybe would try and swing the drums a bit. //yeah ive made everything on the track i posted..

Thanks for feedback.

Chubbs66

rainin the cut - i'm not sure how much of that distortion is intentional but i reckon toning it down a little would allow for a bit more clarity in the mix. i'm a big filter fan but i reckon in the bits with the filter sweeps something needs to be out of the filter, maybe the hook, or introduce another new element - a pad or something? and i'd either reduce the resonance a bit or eq some of the peaks out of the filtered bits. imo.

pouncey - lots of cool sounds in there, i'm liking the way you change it up a lot. it's quite cinematic almost. was thinking the bass could use some fattening up but then i chucked on my headphones and realised my speakers weren't reproducing the sub. nice.

erik - nice hook but i reckon it could drop out at about the 1 minute mark to change it up a bit, say for 8 bars after the brassy build ups (i'm liknig them).

kvds - even more impressive! will def try swinging the beat, why didn't i think of that? thanks!

edit: added some swing, still messing around...

Last edited:
Bro this beat has that straight ol school feel to it i like it alot reminds me of 50 cent back in the day ... cant really give too much criticism on it everything sounds good
this does have that classic feel to it. love the drums and the drum fills... great work.
https://soundcloud.com/jqhnjay

Hey guys, i havent been on in a long time and i re-did the low pass filter on this one and i need feedback

dope af. the cadence of your hihats is coo too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online