Showcase -June 4-10, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

BORIS

DAT DOPE BEATS
Battle Points: 1
Hey guys, been a while since I posted, but I recently moved house and bought a car not much time to do beats , but this weekend I released 5 new beats !

But first, let's go to the feedback for you guys :

@Matt-D The first one it's a bit sketchy of course as Drago said but I liked it overall, it may not be everything in key n stuff but there are some very dope sections in here , loved the 2nd and 3rd one . Although with this beat I would have developed from the init vocal. But good work bro keep it up. The 2nd beat I like the overall result but there is one little drum that keeps messing the vibe for me.. I think it's a Tom or something like that, but I like these chill beats.

@Drago Zetić started good with those vocals and the beat it's quite simple but very good, maybe I would just low the volume of the vocal snippets on the middle of the beat, and that wobbly bass line not my favorite but I think it was a good choice to join with the melody . Keep it up !

@DEEZ BEATZ Damn man that is so fire, dope af, really heavy, loved the way that maked me bounce, very good work, keep up man! Please!

@C4NTK33P5T1LL I like the drums on this track but the melodies are very off for me, weird sounds and for me it's not working well with the rest of the track. But keep up bro, I struggle a lot also in search of melodies maybe I'm just picky.

@dBtheProducer man I loved this track, you got a very cool vibe I love, only thing maybe I would do is low the volume on the hats but still maybe it's just my opinion, keep up with these tracks man! Straight fire!

@Taron man I can't say much I feel you are on the right way but I feel your stuff very simple still, try playing with the drums more and even add more fx and such to your tracks, but keep up with the work man. Best track for me it's Ice.

@JvasGR if this is really your first beat it's very good man everything in place, not too much complicated but not that simple Liked the vibe. Keep it up.

And now my track for this week, hope you guys enjoy it.

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
Hey guys, been a while since I posted, but I recently moved house and bought a car not much time to do beats , but this weekend I released 5 new beats !

@Matt-D The first one it's a bit sketchy of course as Drago said but I liked it overall, it may not be everything in key n stuff but there are some very dope sections in here , loved the 2nd and 3rd one . Although with this beat I would have developed from the init vocal. But good work bro keep it up. The 2nd beat I like the overall result but there is one little drum that keeps messing the vibe for me.. I think it's a Tom or something like that, but I like these chill beats.

@Drago Zetić started good with those vocals and the beat it's quite simple but very good, maybe I would just low the volume of the vocal snippets on the middle of the beat, and that wobbly bass line not my favorite but I think it was a good choice to join with the melody . Keep it up !

@DEEZ BEATZ Damn man that is so fire, dope af, really heavy, loved the way that maked me bounce, very good work, keep up man! Please!

@C4NTK33P5T1LL I like the drums on this track but the melodies are very off for me, weird sounds and for me it's not working well with the rest of the track. But keep up bro, I struggle a lot also in search of melodies maybe I'm just picky.

@dBtheProducer man I loved this track, you got a very cool vibe I love, only thing maybe I would do is low the volume on the hats but still maybe it's just my opinion, keep up with these tracks man! Straight fire!

@Taron man I can't say much I feel you are on the right way but I feel your stuff very simple still, try playing with the drums more and even add more fx and such to your tracks, but keep up with the work man. Best track for me it's Ice.

@JvasGR if this is really your first beat it's very good man everything in place, not too much complicated but not that simple Liked the vibe. Keep it up.

Not Much I Can Say In Terms Of Constructive Criticism Tight Arrangement Tight Mix Propa Chilled Does Exactly What It Says On The Tin

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
Hey guys, haven't posted anything in a while but I kept lurking around the forums. Meanwhile I've been working on a 4 track project:

@C4NTK33P5T1LL , I think the track is pretty interesting to say the least, weird, kinda experimental set of instruments, I'm quite a fan of that, but I feel like the mastering just isn't on point, the flute in the first half (i think it is a flute, correct me if im wrong) is just way too loud for the drums. If that was intentional, then fine, but if I was making that beat, I wouldve turned it down a little

@dBtheProducer I love the sampling. The track has that epic horn sound, which Im not really into, but it definitely does sound like some old school rap battle shit. I feel like Busta could just jump out from the beat at any moment.
+ bonus points for the RTJ picture

@Drago Zetić Not much to say there, its just beautiful.

Hmmm Mixed Feelings On These I Really Liked The First Track But Would Of Liked It To Speed Up A Bit (Personal Taste N That) & The Second Was Also Good But The Cawww Sound Was A Bit Loud On My End Wasn't Really Into The 3rd & 4th Cos Of The Absence Of A Snare I Think ,Felt Like A Intro Or Outro But The Low End On All Of Them Was Really Good Loved The Kick On The First Track , All Four Together Defo Compliment Each Other Has a Cinematic Score Feel To It As A Whole

I'm a beginner beatmaker and this is my first beat. please leave feedback because it helps me to be better:)

@JvasGR , nice beat...I think the bass drum needs to be a little thicker and the sampled excerpts should used as an intro and you need a good break in the middle some kind of change like with just the kick drum and the melody then break back in with the full beat..just my advice, but the overall concept is dope...keep putting in that work..

@BORIS, I was wondering what you've been up to lately..now I know, getting your priorities straight is important besides the more comfortable you are with your life the more creative you are with your music...speaking on that..your has no flaws as usual...very dope and chilled at the same time...be nice to hear some nice female vocals on it. But that's my opinion cause this track is fine as is.. can't wait to hear more..are you going to enter the contest tomorrow?

BORIS

DAT DOPE BEATS
Battle Points: 1
@BORIS, I was wondering what you've been up to lately..now I know, getting your priorities straight is important besides the more comfortable you are with your life the more creative you are with your music...speaking on that..your has no flaws as usual...very dope and chilled at the same time...be nice to hear some nice female vocals on it. But that's my opinion cause this track is fine as is.. can't wait to hear more..are you going to enter the contest tomorrow?

Thanks man, bit busy yeah with all this stuff, but I just got my .com domain, updated to pro on beatstars, and released 5 new beats ... I was thinking of entering and maybe I will, need to download that drum break to see what I have, I have a new project going on and if I get on that one I will enter for sure and thanks for those words man that's what's really keeps me going

dei_go

worries matador
Battle Points: 4

maaaan, when you put that voice sample in the mid, insta love it, your track sounds very dynamic, good job, dope drums too <3

@Matt-D I've heard that sample at the beginning somewhere. The problem with your video is that the patterns don't lead into each other very well, even if it was meant to be a sampler. The vocals from the beginning don't go well with the later parts because they're in a different key. The loops are too short, too, and not all that good (this is just down to sample selection), so I don't really see what you meant with these beats.

New beat out:

dope, i love the principal sample, i don't like your kick so much but it's okay, love for the voice samples they made a feel really downer, i like it, ohhhh, the synths on the final fuuuck, good taste

This track is from my mixtape" Hell To Pay Vol.I"
Nothing here yet.
@Drago Zetić , you always have some nice grooves..and this one is so on point...great beat, love the intro.
@Matt-D , milky way is so classic..you dropped the hot sauce on this beat bruh. It's slamming. And the morphed beat changes are dope. And far away is very simple and basic, I like it. Both beats are banging, great work bruh...

is not my style, but it sounds criminal, i like it, those sub-bass are succesfull

okokokokokokok, fucking dope, i like your drums, i don't like the principal sample but it sounds really cool with those drums, those synth are interesting, not conventional for me but it sounds personal, that's cool <3

wilizm

whats good everyone, its a chill sunny day here in Virginia, perfect weather for checking out some beats outside but im at work in my office instead...no worries cuz i have illmuzik to thank for making my work days tons better...i have a beat to share with everyone...but first ill give you some feedback like i always do...

@Matt-D sup bro!...i think you might've broke some kind of record for the most change ups in a single beat...seriously there were so many times this beat flipped on me this is actually really fucking dope man very impressive stuff using multiple samples at once it seemed like...very very very nice work!:up2:
...as far as the second beat, this sounds equally as dope i like how you flipped that soul sample this got a cool vibe to it...perhaps a few pauses in the drums to help make this beat trasition along nicely ...as it stands its a cool sounding loop but needs more tenderness lol

@Drago Zetić this was cool, the sample work was done nicely but i wished there were more percussion going on to help direct a flow:)...

@DEEZ BEATZ whats good og...any beat where your putting vocals on it always comes out 100% fire...always...this shit fly and eery and fucking gangsta at the same time lol...and ya boy flow sound crazy on this shit:shock: ... where can i find your mixtape?...your the man!

@C4NTK33P5T1LL hey nice to meet you....there really isnt anything wrong with this beat, this sounds like a dope track you would hear in skate video or a commercial...and theres nothing wrong with that...this actualy is kinda cool sounding and has a great transition in the middle...not my style of music i listen to regurlaly BUT i would say this was made very well and mixed nice as well...nice work man!:up2:

so...heres my beat...enjoy!

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>​

Definitely, got that boom bap feel to it. I likes I likes.

JAY UNO

Sample heavy? Just a little bit.
Battle Points: 134
@Drago Zetić love the vocals on your intro. sick melody goes well with the bassline. dope post.
@Matt-D the drums for both beats are on point. like the thick snare. nice sample on far away..
@DEEZ BEATZ you got great prod. range. never know what you gonna get with you. top tier music. congrats as the new moderator.
@dBtheProducer producer powerful track. the horns add that classic flavor. first time listening. stamp that.
@JvasGR Not bad for your first beat, dope little vocal samples. my advice for new beat makers is absorb as much music as you can. listen to feed back, listen to other beatmakers as far as what they are doing. not saying to your bite they're style, just listen. And also keep digging for samples, sounds, plug-ins whatever, just keep making music. Your hard work will pay dividends. hard work outshines talent is what I believe.
@Fade thx for another dope comp. was your beat featured on waveforms? kinda upset that I missed the entire waveforms show. ill be on the lookout for your music.

@Drago Zetić love the vocals on your intro. sick melody goes well with the bassline. dope post.
@Matt-D the drums for both beats are on point. like the thick snare. nice sample on far away..
@DEEZ BEATZ you got great prod. range. never know what you gonna get with you. top tier music. congrats as the new moderator.
@dBtheProducer producer powerful track. the horns add that classic flavor. first time listening. stamp that.
@JvasGR Not bad for your first beat, dope little vocal samples. my advice for new beat makers is absorb as much music as you can. listen to feed back, listen to other beatmakers as far as what they are doing. not saying to your bite they're style, just listen. And also keep digging for samples, sounds, plug-ins whatever, just keep making music. Your hard work will pay dividends. hard work outshines talent is what I believe.
@Fade thx for another dope comp. was your beat featured on waveforms? kinda upset that I missed the entire waveforms show. ill be on the lookout for your music.
@JAY UNO , thanks. and you have been on a roll with back to back wins(Beat This & Warzone), Congrats to you as well..

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Battle Points: 17

Im not new to forums, a bit rusty, so may make couple mistakes trying to post beats for review..I did review before posting this though - Not sure if its going to work first try, so this post may be edited many a time lmfao I never got feedback for any of my beats, been creating for about a year, just for fun, soundclick, cloud etc - Stopped for few months, now back at it hard, just put out 6 new beats in last month. Was hoping to find a place to do contests or gain feedback - and just now found this site. Thanks in advance for any feed!

OH!, And trust me, as most of you know, the best way to assess a beat is to listen to it on good headphones, or great sound system ;) THATS how you truly know if its a sick beat with catchy, 'ear worm' value for people!

Last edited:

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Battle Points: 17
@Matt-D I've heard that sample at the beginning somewhere. The problem with your video is that the patterns don't lead into each other very well, even if it was meant to be a sampler. The vocals from the beginning don't go well with the later parts because they're in a different key. The loops are too short, too, and not all that good (this is just down to sample selection), so I don't really see what you meant with these beats.

New beat out:

Love that piano piece in this - I could easily sit back relax and freesyle to this! I love how it has plenty of time to do so and not too short also!

Status
Not open for further replies.