Showcase - June 5-7, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr3w7

wizard - bro that beat is sick!!!! them drums hit nice...i love what you did with that sample no lie one of the sickest beats i heard in a while nice work man

raw d - them beats are real chill i like it you did good work with them samples and the flow is on point

2Good - that war begins beat is a problem for real i would love to hear somebody tear that track up nice work

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
@raw-d, incognito sounds like some mase era, badboy, summertime, party music. nice track.

@wizard - technically there. just wasn't my style. good shit nonetheless

@dr3w, unheard of....that temprees sample is the shit! takes me back to when 2 live crew used it on "the pussy caper." you get props just for using that sample. i love how the beat dropped in after the intro on real luv. keep doing your thing.

here's mine...unmixed.

http://soundcloud.com/wrightboy/jazzy

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
drew that first one is a banga i havent heard the other yet!!
drumz are so sick bro!!
to hell is sick i could spit on these for days!!lol
good work bro!

meanwhile im new to the soundcloud thang and dont know how to send out follows so ya headz come follow me!!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
@raw-d- number 10 is tight

@wizard - has a wu tang vibe to it. drums are tight. nice sampling. a very good song can be made to this.

@dr3w- all 3 jawns are tight. the real luv is my fav. that sample just fits so nicely in there. that snare is crackin. filterin is ill, and the breakbeat is well placed. good job all around.

@wrightboy - most of the beats u post i like where u be goin, it just feels like they ain't complete yet though. i like the slightly off beat thing.

I now present to u.......

The Bobby Womack of Crack

http://soundcloud.com/sober-minded-music/the-bobby-womack-of-crack

RAW-D

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 41
@2good
nah its some other sample. cant remember the name.
i will have to look it up.

@wizard
i always love your drums man.
it would have choosing an other snare tho.
but the beat is dope! 7/10

@Dr3w7
Unheard of: them chops them drums.
damn think its one of the best beats i heard this month.
i love it. 8.5/10
To hell and back: not really feeling this one.
im not really into those church sounds ;p
drums are good tho.
Real luv: dope sample. think 9thwonder would sample it aswell. with the same chops as you did. and i think 9thwonder is dope as fuck.
so good job! 8/10

@wrightboy
think illmuzik already knows i like them jazzy sounds.
i would change the clap into a snare.
but it sounds good. very repetitive tho. u should change that a bit. then i would give it more then a 6.5/10

@SoberMindedMuzk
tbh i was waiting for the real drums come in.
thought it was just the beginning what would have the soft drums.
think u should change it into an harder drumkick.
then it would be dope as fuck.
use of the sample is dope.
think u need to do the hihat a lil lower in the mix aswell. 7/10

great beats guys. hope my 'advice' helps.
keep it up!

thanks for the headsup btw guys.
im really happy with the beats myself at the ep of Rymz Capo.
think he is a dope rapper aswell.
@wizard, lets hook up sometimes as i think you a dope rapper 2 :D

thanks for the feedback guys, but I didnt even post a beat.
I will return the favour..

RAW-D. Behind me. Not my personal flavour of sample, its a bit soft for me, but I can appreciate the production regardless. The mix is on point. I see you like the soulful sound.

Dr3w7. Unheard of. Now this is my personal flavour of sample. This beat goes hard, the sample chops and arrangement give it a really authentic boom bap hip hop sound. Great drums.

Wrightboy. The main bassy sample sounds very thick, slightly muddy, i would try and eq some of that out of just that sample. Maybe add some reverb to the brass too.

SoberMinded. I can see this beat suiting someone like Kool Keith or Pharoahe, someone who can ride one of these beats and get away with it. I get a public enemy "noise" vybe combined with a bit of Cypress Hill. Mad beat, but in a good way.

Static. I like this, its smooth as hell, but I would try and filter some of that sample because the rhythm guitar gets a little annoying being constantly there. Maybe just drop a filtered section at strategic points to break it up a bit.

I know its a bit late so I wont hold my breath, but could I get some feed on.....
Tr3mma - "Weed Song" http://snd.sc/LbpQHD

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
SoberMinded. I can see this beat suiting someone like Kool Keith or Pharoahe, someone who can ride one of these beats and get away with it. I get a public enemy "noise" vybe combined with a bit of Cypress Hill. Mad beat, but in a good way.

Funny you mention Cypress Hill. I listened to some Alchemist, who is a student of the DJ Muggs school of producing. Good ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.