Showcase - March 10-16, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carne

Battle Points: 4
Kevlar070, interesting stuff, I like the strings on the 2nd song and the vibe on the first one!

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@Kevlar070 : i enjoy the bass stabs and the synths on the first one, and the drum pattern. The second one is also good. nice productions. I would love to hear some other drums maybe, doh these also works great. I'm just a bit nerd on not using to much stock sounds.

@Carne : I always digg when you post some music. Always something "different". Not much to say here, maybe you could fit a baseline in there.

@J.F. Wood: I like the base drum and snare on this. Im feeling this, but also think there is so much more to do on this. in the end maybe bring the strings all the way up. I like the vibe here. good work.

Here is a short tune. The language is in Norwegian. Hope you like it
KDVS - Forvirring Ft. 7RZN

U

UncleJoe

Yo, a bit of feedback on this beat I just started would be nice :)

Nothing here yet.

This is so cinematic; I'm thinking of the scene in Goodfellas where they go into the bar and he introduces all the wiseguys. Nice snare.

KDVS: The snare and background are crisp and icy, then you melt things with the guitar and vocals, nice.

Here's my attempt at a hip hop song with guitars. Its a bit longer than usual but hopefully not too long. I posted this track in the last thread and people were unsure about it, prolly cuz I forgot the snare drum. So here it is, retooled:

Kevlar070

Battle Points: 5
@Carne I cant hear ur beat fo som reason, but imma keep trying

@KDVS Track sounds alright, cud possibly use a synth r effect somwhere to make it more dynamic.

@UncleJoe I dont really know what u r tryin to achieve with this beat, ur beat defies all musical genres i guess. Som mite say it doesn't make sense, others mite say ur a genius. lol

Carne

Battle Points: 4
@J.F. Wood the synths are nice and I'm liking the 808 kinda sounds, great ideas and all pretty nice and simple

@KDVS sick stuff dude, I love when the guitar comes in + the Hohey samples throughout the tune. The feeling of the tune + the accent of the singer makes it sounds really arabic, like slowed down Rai hip-hop

@UncleJoe, full approval on the idea, I think things get very interesting on the 2.38 mark. Experimenting is the key to making stuff sound interesting. It would be interesting to slow down the song and add different reverbs, go on a Burialish tangente

4Richy

Battle Points: 6
@Kevlar070 I did like both of them, including the 2nd one, had more of a feel to it.

@KDVS The drums are just fantastic along with the ambient sound in the background.

@UncleJoe I didn't fully understand the hip hop beat or couldn't feel it, but I still give you props.

What do you guys think about these two? I spent full effort on both of them, and did sampling on one of them, hope you like it.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
@4Richy : Quality! I really like these two. The late base drum on the second song is amazing and great sample choise. Love it. If i had that first beat i would love for someone to rap on it. It got that good rap feel to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.