Showcase - March 20-26, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Marc Duncan Good mix first of all, I also like the sounds you used for this beat really fits well. I also like the way the beat builds!! great beat. Oh and I love that artwork.
Trying something new with this beat

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
Battle Points: 3
@Marc Duncan Good mix first of all, I also like the sounds you used for this beat really fits well. I also like the way the beat builds!! great beat. Oh and I love that artwork.
Trying something new with this beat

This is amazing, the sample is perfect. I wish I knew how to sample myself lol.

Kevlar070

Battle Points: 5
@Marc Duncan Beat sounds dope. Hi hats a bit bizzy but I guess depends on taste.Keep doing your thing.
@Matt-D Beat got a great vibe I definitely feeling this 1
@arta Beats are still a bit basic. But now u got the basics down u ready for the next level IMO.

Lemme know what u guys think!

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@arta I thought blocks was a good beat but it just seems like something is missing, it's a great beat just seems like it needs a little something more to push it further. As for the second beat Don't oppose I thought it was clean as far as sound quality I just didn't like that horn sound. But other than that good stuff.
@Kevlar070 This is one of those beats I would love to hear someone get hyped on because it has a good energy to it!! Great work.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
Guess I was a little late on submitting in last week's showcase. Here's my latest. Feedback on other submissions to follow this post:

Nothing here yet.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
@Matt-D - First off, the vibe of this beat is nice! Really mellow-smooth, and most definitely relaxing. The only thing lacking is the punch of the kick...give it some beefiness, and you have a solid track. Props!

@arta - Blocks: The mood of this beat feels like some criminal shit. Only issue I hear is the drums are too busy: I hear a snare and claps with reverb, a hi hat daisy chained with the kick, another sound that is supposedly an open hat. IMO, it's too much, and sometimes going with a simple hat, snare and kick helps your beat shine better. The overall mix is good.

Don't Oppose: Another criminal type vibe...I like it. Almost on an anthem tip. The drums sound nice on this beat, and I like the layering of the melody for this beat, and how you cut out one of the melodies and let it ride. Very dope!

@Kevlar070 - Hmmmm, this beat is definitely experimental. It sounds like Transformers meets Trap. I'm not really into trap music, but the way you tweeked these sounds is amazing...and the bass is perfect, not overpowering the beat like most trap beats I hear. Props!

@PYVS - Goodness, the BPM of this beat is incredibly slow. TBH, this sounds like the type of beat that will make potheads and tweekers trip tf out while high. I can't think of any other way to describe this beat. If that's the feel you're going for, you captured it with this beat.

PYVS

@PYVS - Goodness, the BPM of this beat is incredibly slow. TBH, this sounds like the type of beat that will make potheads and tweekers trip tf out while high. I can't think of any other way to describe this beat. If that's the feel you're going for, you captured it with this beat.

Hahaha, I had to quote you on that man. I haven't listened to it while stoned but that's now on my to-do-list. Appreciate the feedback man, thx.

Kevlar070

Battle Points: 5
@Kevlar070 - Hmmmm, this beat is definitely experimental. It sounds like Transformers meets Trap. I'm not really into trap music, but the way you tweeked these sounds is amazing...and the bass is perfect, not overpowering the beat like most trap beats I hear. Props!
U got it! that's exactly what I was tryin to make lol. Too bad there was no grand prize for guessing that. lol

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Thanks everyone for the feedback!!
@Beautiful Noise I like this one has a great feel to it and I like the drums nice work!!
@HouseOfBeets Of the two beats I like the second one because of that organ sound. I don't actually hear a lot of people use the organ that much which is why I'm glad you posted that one great beat.

ME AND A FEW LOCAL PRODUCERS GOT TOGETHER FOR A JAM SESSION...I'M PLAYING DRUMS(WELL TRYING TO PLAY DRUMS..LOL)
WE CALL THIS BEAT "JASMINE". WOULD LIKE TO HEAR EVERYONES OPINIONS...
Nothing here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online