Showcase - March 30-April 5, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is very clean. I like the bass and the mixing. Everything is loud and clear. The sound selections is great. The arrangement is good. I would say the repetitive string sound might benefit from some variation but I can rock with it either way. Good job. I like it.

Probably one of the hardest beat I have done lately. Let me know what you think

This really has the Pop Smoke vibe. Mix is good. TBH I was waiting for more of an impact moment in the hook section though. Other than that there are no issue with the beat. The arrangement is good. The kick knocks, and the bass sounds like Pop Smoke's beats. I like the switches in the beat too. Good work.

Any opinions? I just started making beats a few days ago and I really would love to get some feedback <3

Really good job if you just started! I recommend some more switches during the first part (verse I guess) and a more subtle switch when you go into the soft melody. Also look up some videos on mixing, it will improve your sound quality. Good job. You will only get better and this is a good start.

RJCBeats

Really good job if you just started! I recommend some more switches during the first part (verse I guess) and a more subtle switch when you go into the soft melody. Also look up some videos on mixing, it will improve your sound quality. Good job. You will only get better and this is a good start.
Thanks for the feedback! Ill work on the mixing!

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127
@crosstevsky I like it. I could hear some chopped, deep vocals on this. Maybe a string (violin) type lead for a hook. Not sure if that would clutter it but it was something that came to mind.

Here is mine.... only 9 beats in and nothing that I would consider a song just yet. Found this one a bit difficult because a lot of the tones are deeper and kind of a chest/throaty tone. I don't think it gets muddy but then again, I am only on my PC speakers from ~2004 (studio monitors soon). Started to feel a little darker so I tried to emphasize that. Let me know any and all thoughts!

Yeah, sounds dark...dark is good :) you can develop it further by more busy drum pattern, like 16th note hats...

@crosstevsky : Nice rhythm, liked the unusual style.
@The Thrillz : i realy would do that 808's bassline, its colossal
@Kod4R : Very nice boombap exemple, well done!

I continue to explore, my tries of doing something close to Lo-fi, it's a new project to keep criative.

I like this, it reminds me of madlib a little. Ofkey in a good way

Let me know what you think of my latest beat guys. Thanks.

Nice chilled beat, has a synthwave feel to it. When that synth flute comes in its almost like war of the worlds.

Any opinions? I just started making beats a few days ago and I really would love to get some feedback <3

this is very good if you only just started, some constructive criticism. The hook doesnt really sit well with the main part, I like most of the sounds you have used and you could make 2 tracks from this one by separating the two parts. Thats a great drum n bass bassline.

Last edited:
Probably one of the hardest beat I have done lately. Let me know what you think

good execution of a drill beat, the only thing that I would change is to maybe turn the bass up a little bit. this is just personal preference but I feel as though the bass should have more high-end presence in the mix on these type beats. Other than that it's fire af, the patters are great and have a lot of bounce

crosstevsky

beats architect
Battle Points: 127

I continue to explore, my tries of doing something close to Lo-fi, it's a new project to keep criative.

This is dope, can be a good soundtrack to a rainy film scene...

WIKTO-GRIZZLY

WIKTO-GRIZZLY
Battle Points: 47
Was going to use this for the warzone but it didnt make the cut.

Nothing here yet.
Cool idea my bro!
Like SPACE WAR!:up2:

Dope and deep sound BRo!
Realy Rain mood!o_O

Let me know what you think of my latest beat guys. Thanks.

Great and fashionable sound! I really liked Bass !! how the elastic stretches!

Good experiment with broken drums!
It sounds very unusual!

This my last BEAT!
STAY HOME mood!
Sit at home and do BEAT))

AlphaStudart

Battle Points: 2
Cool idea my bro!

Dope and deep sound BRo!
Realy Rain mood!o_O

It sounds very unusual!

This my last BEAT!
STAY HOME mood!

Very nice beat to split some lirics. just would add a little more variation. But is it's very well mixed, and sound good. congrats

Nothing here yet.

Nothing here yet.
I like the idea as a whole. I think the pluck sound you are using throughout and the synth sound in some parts are not the best sound choices. They are not bad, but I would've liked to hear something else (something more "modern" perhaps). The melodies are decent though. Also, the snare sounds plain/dry. I like the horn and the vibe this has. The sequence is good, it was interesting to listen to. The overall mix is decent.

Cool idea my bro!

Dope and deep sound BRo!
Realy Rain mood!o_O

It sounds very unusual!

This my last BEAT!
STAY HOME mood!

This has a nice bounce to it. I like the the panning on the hats, the bass, and the pad sound (?) that plays throughout. Something in the kick sounds off, maybe too much high frequencies, I am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.