Showcase - March 7-13, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColeSllaw

ColeSllaw
Battle Points: 17
@NuNu your song is pretty good, id put some more work in on the mix but thats something that you get better at with time, also, remember to post your own feedback before you post your song, everyone wants to know what others think of their work

heres my joint from yesterday, i think you'll like it

ColeSllaw

ColeSllaw
Battle Points: 17
@NuNu your song is pretty good, id put some more work in on the mix but thats something that you get better at with time, also, remember to post your own feedback before you post your song, everyone wants to know what others think of their work

River Cruz

Battle Points: 6
@ColeSllaw Love the progression at the beginning and throughout the beat. When the hi hats came in was the best, i was waiting for those. Real smooth joint. Really digging everything bout it.

Tell me what you think about this flip

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@tomkillsjerry dope beat man, I love it, well constructed, well thought out, very powerfull, I'm very impressed, nothing bad to say about it, nothing at all, huge beat!

@ColeSllaw this beat is right up my alley, smooth, somewhat "etheral". Really nice and smooth, I'd love to have a more elaborate drum pattern tho.

@NuNu now this is different, very epic, I can't help but like what you did with the cutting and chopping, very dramatic. This thing drills right into my soul, keep it up!!!

it's been a while since I haven't done any 3/4 or 6/8, I figured I'd do one for today <3

NuNu

Battle Points: 19

Nice track. I thought it was smooth & soothing.

@anarchos the fast pace drum in the sampled beat is nice. others tight also.
@tomkillsjerry I like the transition from old school to modern. Like the boom bap part most out of all though. Nice job on both tracks.

DeCrescendo

Battle Points: 20
@KZA Nice trap feel and interesting bass.hypnotizing beat!

@Rylan Good build-up. I like the way it builds up but feels like it needs a drop or change at some point. Bass drums sound a little lost but could be my headphones.

@cloudzazen I like the world sounds/sitar? good mix on Hallucinations. Know Face is your best one. Quality Acapella. I might need to find that and do a remix! The beat is good and goes well with the song. Exellent work! Tries to tag you in the post but wasnt sure how to get the music symbols!

@tomkillsjerry Very professional mix. Not my sort of beat but mix is well balanced and builds up well. Good reverb on the snares.works well.

@anarchos Really like the sampling on soft brick. Sounds like it needs a real funky bass to kick in but mix is good. Keep up the good work!

@ColeSllaw Very chilled. I like the layered up snares.

@mATTHEWdUNCAN Subtle use of vocal samples! nice flow and very smooth. Snares could be a little punchier but I like the track.

@eelxb Tracks got a glitchy feel to it. Mix sounds like it is missing something. Was struggling to hear the bass. Is that a Marvin Gaye sample? :)

@Sheen Sheep Nice piano. Very proffessional sounding mix. Nice and balanced with subtle bass which goes well. What is the vocal sample? It works really well. My favourite beat of this showcase so far! Keep up the good work.

@NuNu I like the feel of this one but mix needs some work. hi hats are a bit loud and bass drum is a little weak. Could be a banger with some work on the drums/levels.

Did any one else on hear notice that the latest showcase disappeared when the site went down? I put a remix of Oddisee fast lane speeding up. Might re upload on the next showcase because it went down before I got much feedback. Let me know what you think of the two tracks I submitted this week, The second one has a vocal version on my Youtube channel. Like and subscribe if you use youtube for your beats.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2efZyV5fKAB-pCr_QCR33A

Keep up the good work everyone!

JaYBEATS

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online