Showcase - March 8-14, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Crispifier : I liked the beat especially the melody and the drums. At the 30 s mark is when things started to sound a little cluttered in the mix. Maybe some of the instruments or sound effects could be panned differently and come in gradually instead of all at once so it doesn’t sound like as much of a drastic change. Overall, it's pretty good though.

@Marc Duncan : I think this sounds like a Pooh Shiesty beat and I like the timbre of the synths that you programmed. I thought some of the drop outs were a little too abrupt, so maybe have the drop outs more towards the end of a phrase. That’s my only critique though.

Made this one a couple weeks ago

Made this one about a week ago, I play guitar on it.

Videsan

Æsthetic flavor
@Crispifier oof definitely got them energy, enjoyed it a lot, sick drumming⚡⚡
@Marc Duncan dayumm broo killed it with that synth instant wstcoast feeling, dope beat
@Chad just wow. Outer galaxy really droppin me out there gazing, flawless panning, the only thing that lacks imo was there when i think u stop layering the snare, it felt kinda weak but apart from that, it’s fye. Jazmine S has some clean drummin tho

Videsan

Æsthetic flavor
let me know what u think bout these recents too✍ any kind of feedback is appreciated

Last edited:

Flip G

Nzyte
I figured I would stop simping with RnB and do some pimpin...lol... do or die style... as usual please leave me some feedback so I can improve... thanks ya'll!

-----------------------------------------------------
@Crispifier - (Da da dan) new age boom bap... this is something Nas could use... love the stutter step, it gives it a modern feel

(F0cking Space) - nice chill out vibes going on... kid cudi on this would be dope... kind of his a 2 pac vibe about it too... nice

@nottr - don't know her but I wish I did, lol... (demon) makes me think of the Uk rave scene... the automation is dope! it defiantly feels super menacing

@Marc Duncan - for some reason I immediately heard ludacris on this track... sounds like a night out at the club... boosie would be dope on this too... nice New Orleans vibes on this

@Chad - (outer galaxy) this sounds dope... makes me think of t-pain for some reason... this is a club/lounge vibe... nice A section!

(just one more) this is a radio record love song... the guitars are gental like a female voice and I would choose jhene aiko for this... very calming

@Videsan - (xpansionate) very clean mix... reminds me of early neptunes songs... bass sounds good too
(after all) - make me think of Outkast... nice job

@OMAR. - this is a dope re interpretation of 50... more flavor on this, Miami would really love this

@Feel - (Be) love this hip hop shit... it's like urban classical music... I could listen to this for hours

@Videsan - sounds west coast to me... very clean mix... good use of space... this would be fire on kendrick

@jafar4000 - love the crackles... the mix is very clean too... these tracks are missing MF doom or madlib.. nice retro futuristic beat

TjombaBeats

Mister Miyagi Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 151
hey ya'll, long time, no export for me:
This is the opener to this:

Lo-fi again, less 808 more jazz and world samples, peace and happy beatmaking

This sounds like an experimentation beat but still sounds dope @ some parts

@Crispifier Its cool. Sounds like background music to a tutorial or something.

@Marc Duncan The kick and the bass slap.

@Chad I like :53 - 1:47 if you can keep your beats like that through out and do your change ups you'd be solid. Don't take my advice though. I may be wrong.

@Videsan Trippy vibes. Nice.

@OMAR. Dope flip.

Boombap feeling youve gotten me vibing with this beat.

let me know what u think bout these recents too, currently preparing a mixtape ✍ any kind of feedback is appreciated

This could very well be some beats for a detective serie you watch on them tv's relaxing beats man keep it up.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Crispifier It definitely sounds experimental, but not in a bad way. I like the effects that are used and the whole vibe of it. Melodies are a little bit strange, but that makes it unique. Good job man!

@Marc Duncan Real clean work bro! Song is simple and bounces nice.

@Chad Great job bro! The guitar work is really awesome. Might want to put more effects/modify current effects on the guitar to make it sound more interesting.

@Videsan Nice job man! really like the sound selection and the bass lines in particular.

@OMAR. Hey nice one bro! like the tropical vibes. Maybe try to chop the sample in different places to make it a little less repetitive might be cool. Good stuff.

@Feel Dope man! That boom bap style is always fresh

@Videsan Very nice man! Sound selection is great. Sounds kind of experimental, but clean

@jafar4000 Very unique sounding mix brother!

@XIS Clean lyrics and tone in your voice bro. Sounds like a Def Jam beat around the 'it's dark and hell is hot' time period

@TjombaBeats Nice job bro. Percussion is real clean on here!

For this week I decided to switch it up and stray away from the typical boom bap i've been uploading. Any advice is appreciated!

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
@Marc Duncan dope intro like the stops u throw in there to mix things up its a little straight forward but has some nice breakdowns mix sounds good also, its good work m8

@Chad outer galaxy feel maybe the 808 is a little low freq in the mix tho thats an asthetic choice just thinking if someone was listening through shitty headphones or on mobile, its nicley composed especially like the lead synth it is really pretty. just one more very nice almost spanish style guitar, the strings in the background are really nicley layered behind it, nice vocal chops and good composition, ur mix is a little dusty but it sorta goes with the vibe ur going for of the two this is my favorite :)

@Videsan u have a unique style, its kind of trippy and psychadelic, the melodic elements are really good! feel like there isn't enough of a "beat" is some parts that is to say the rythmn is kinda slow paced and chill, still liked em tho but kept waiting for the rythmn to really hit or take it up a notch overall solid work tho

@jafar4000 of the two i feel the second one is the better beat, i dunno man i dont think i'll ever get your style of beatmaking but if its what you like then do it :) lacks any musical coherency but thats probably on purpose i can appriciate the rythmn i atleast, guess its just a style thing i dont get some of the out there metal styles either like goregrind or w/e

@Feel this is real fucking good man you've improved a lot ! the acapella at the starrt really sets the tone.... very nice oldschool "feel" (heheheh) to it mix sounds good too

@XIS first off really cool vocals, feel the bass needs to be more in your face on this style of track its a little low in the mix. great composition i like the choir and those strings in the background are perfect. a littlw tweaking and this would be really killer

@TjombaBeats very sinister sounding the "melodic" elements are a little loud feel the drums maybe should be more in focus (atleast at the start ) makes me feel like i'm having a bad trip lol but yeah great atmosphere

@Rah.sool this is like brazilian party music/ disco mixed with hip hop fucking sweet combo if u ask me got nothing bad to say its just really tight m8 everything just works well... ok one thing i dont much care for the tone on the synth that comes in at 1.07 feel its a little and i can't beleive me of all people is saying this overboard, if you tweaked the tone on it i might like it better i'm just nitpicking tho amazing work

@Un4zn yeah this sounds like some spy shit i like that bassline very 007. little repetetive could do with some space on the drums or a bridge like the style tho

good work peeps cya next week !

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online