Showcase - March 9-15, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonPedro

Battle Points: 32
@Un4zn
Nice overall feel with the strings. Maybe they can be a bit more stereo, there is still room to use in your beat. You can use your percussion and strings at the same time in the wide stereo field, just eq them a bit. And something under 30Hz stacks up while your full beat is playing, it cant be heard and just robs energy out of the speaker system. I like the higher drum note at the end of each beat, too!
@2GooD Productions
Those three main notes hit really hard and i barely can hear the kick drum playing, when they occur at the same time. Maybe a different or lesser use of the background arpeggio would be better in my opinion.
@BarJudah
I think your beat is mixed waaay too loud and i would recommend trying to low cut everything what is not kick or bass. Maybe narrowing the stereo image of the super wide synth sounds would be good, too. They ping pong from left to right on my headphones like crazy, causing sometimes phasing problems, simply resulting in loss of sound/volume.

BarJudah

Battle Points: 13
Pls make it a bit more laidback by delaying the hihats juuust a tiny bit, it will make a huge difference, i can hear it in my head ;)
It has a nice swing to it i can hear a soul sing over this. I would maybe add crash on the quarter note note and some kinda sfx to follow like a guiro or shaker

BarJudah

Battle Points: 13
@Un4zn
Nice overall feel with the strings. Maybe they can be a bit more stereo, there is still room to use in your beat. You can use your percussion and strings at the same time in the wide stereo field, just eq them a bit. And something under 30Hz stacks up while your full beat is playing, it cant be heard and just robs energy out of the speaker system. I like the higher drum note at the end of each beat, too!
@2GooD Productions
Those three main notes hit really hard and i barely can hear the kick drum playing, when they occur at the same time. Maybe a different or lesser use of the background arpeggio would be better in my opinion.
@BarJudah
I think your beat is mixed waaay too loud and i would recommend trying to low cut everything what is not kick or bass. Maybe narrowing the stereo image of the super wide synth sounds would be good, too. They ping pong from left to right on my headphones like crazy, causing sometimes phasing problems, simply resulting in loss of sound/volume.

Thank you! ill make the adjustments.

VVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 133
Thank you! ill make the adjustments.
Nice beat! Has that J-Dilla filtered bassline vibe combined with DJ Premier drums. The snare could've used a lil reverb, it was sounding a lil too dry. Good mix and great beat overall!

Status
Not open for further replies.