Showcase - May 11-17, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap
Nice beat man made my head bounce, but I think the kick and the snare has to be much more thicker.

What do u guys think about this one?

That is one thing I am working on, layering more kicks and snares within my regular drum patterns. It adds more of a Dilla sound to it, IMO.

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap
I really like the vibe of it all, I just feel that the sample you use gets really repetitive after the first couple of bars. You should add some more parts from that sample to form a more complete beat. Repetition is good but it still needs to be interesting.

I really fucking dig this man. I feel like you should modulate that main synth that leads at the drop a little bit more in a rhythmic way. I feel like that would give it more depth. Also a little bit of twitch in the drums would make this track a monster.

Here's my most recent beat...

Dope! Definitely an El-P type feel to it. Sounds like it would be perfect for Company Flow and Del. I dig it!

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
some really nive vibes in this thread. Here is mine...

smooth dope beat man

I really fucking dig this man. I feel like you should modulate that main synth that leads at the drop a little bit more in a rhythmic way. I feel like that would give it more depth. Also a little bit of twitch in the drums would make this track a monster.

Here's my most recent beat...

Nice its different and i like it

River Cruz

Battle Points: 6
Both of these beats are awesome. I like the changes in yours tomkillsjerry.

here is mine.

this is cold as hell man. could see this on one of mob deeps older albums. the sample chops are sweet. the strings tie in perfect and the drums give it that feel you just can't help but nod your head. incredible piece of music

Nice beat man made my head bounce, but I think the kick and the snare has to be much more thicker.

What do u guys think about this one?

great intro, you set that up perfect for the drums to hit, never really hear that instrument in hip hop but you made it works flawlessly. i would pan out the shaker a bit and make a bit louder as well give the snare more attack to really bring your drums to life. incredibly creative great work

To kick it off new joint i got.

this goes hard AF! the way you brought in those synthesizer keys in at the beginning was flawless you made it seem easy. drums hit hard man I'm digging them and you also keep it interesting taking the drums out and letting the bassline run a little bit by itself. DOPE!

a beat i made inspired by a beer and a classical piano chop

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonny J

Sample everything
Battle Points: 35
Ive checked all the beats thus far in this showcase, and all i gotta say is damn, alott of impressive stuff guys!
this is my recent one, played all my sounds around one "main" sample.
hope you like it!

Nice vibe bro sounds like Kanye or 9th Wonderish :D Dope !

This is my latest flip

kdanger

Here is a track I recently made. It's named after the part of San Diego I live in.

oh man this is really greta man imam fllow you! I love the super chill vibe

hey guys let me know what you think of this!!!
follow and add me on fb if you digs!!

The verse sample is dope, the rapping has a nice flow to. It kind of reminds me of if Eminem grew up in New York in the 90s.

Here is my latest beat

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
this goes hard AF! the way you brought in those synthesizer keys in at the beginning was flawless you made it seem easy. drums hit hard man I'm digging them and you also keep it interesting taking the drums out and letting the bassline run a little bit by itself. DOPE!

a beat i made inspired by a beer and a classical piano chop

appreciate the listen my dude gonna check your out now

@River Cruz
dope beat man that piano was dope and the beats was aid back nice one

PhDBeats

Dr. Boom Bap
I love the variety in this thread. I am feeling all of the styles. @River Cruz that piano sample is dope! The drum break is too.

Here is my latest. Kind of a rugged vibe, gritty East Coast style - what I was raised on.

Status
Not open for further replies.