Showcase - May 15-21, 2017 - Post your beats here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Preciate the feedback!

@Edgar that creation sounds smooth as shit!! Everything flows so well in that piece. Props man!!

@SonicMajor I have to agree with @Drago Zetić the acapella was a bit low quality but the beat fits nicely. Not s big fan of the hip hop beats but this one is nicely done!

Once again, thanks guys! Will be participating more in these showcases, hope to hear more soon!

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
whats up illmuzik, its a beautiful day outside here in Virginia, im avoiding serious allergies by staying my ass inside! got a blunt to my left and a pepsi to my right ready to hear some beats

@oninkaf i like this beat, its easy to rhyme to and that guiatr sample is a nice touch...i hear some old sounds in the drums, there are times i wish that guitar would just go away maybe its in the wrong key note or something but something about just throws me off, overall nice beat

@Marc Duncan be kind...you are a very skilled 808 drum producer, ive noticed that about most of your beats...i know in time with experience your instrumentation skills will grow and you have potential to be a seriously dope producer...this be kind beat of yours sounds really dope and what i love the most about it is all the rolls in the drums that shit makes this a banger fa sho...

clutch...tbh with you i did not get the feeling of a clutch moment or any kind of epic sports clutch vibe, i think what troubles me in this one is just selection of your melody, its a happy/kiddy vibe you might want to go back and change some notes if your looking for that clutch vibe

@PYVS this is a real nice experimental type beat, the reverse sampling, the transitions in the drums, the filter effect change up half way thru, all made very clever i think the drums take a little long to drop back inafter the change up, and the drum pattern itself is really simple i guess that would be my only complaint, i like wierd experimental sounding beats as long as there done tastefully and this sir was made very juicy! lol nice job

@chronic SKIPPED
@cto SKIPPED

@HouseOfBeets with a name like rhythym n soul i was expecting something a little different but this seriously in my opinion is a fire ass beat for a few reasons, you composed the shit out of this beat from the melody to the bassline and your key stabs, not to mention that organ/string all done and timed to perfection...the choir sounds id love to see on mute tho, another reason are the drums dude holy shit it sets the whole beat on fire, lastly your song structure skills, the hook and verses were obviously clear and dope asf not to mention how you started and ended this beat which alot of people dont know how to do very well...great beat man my favorite so far today!

@JCFAX81 skipped
@Drago Zetić dam i really like this sample alot, not sure if i love the direction you went with this beat tho, it had such a hard sounding buildup in the beginning and when the drums kicked in i was kind of disspointed tbh, because i dont want sound like an asshole and nitpick all the things i dont like in this beat, instead ill mention what i do like, i do like the way the beat sounds after the switch up around 2:00 minutes in, i feel like the way the beat sounds in the second half should be how the whole beat sounds in a loop it would atleast be a dope freestyle beat to rap too, i like the guitar after that section are you playing that on the keys or an actual guitar? either way it sounds cool...ill be honest i wasnt a huge fan of this beat it kind of was everywhere but id love to get the name of the sample if thats cool? lol

@Hadoq 1st track...nice track, as far as the beat goes its dope it goes well with the artist voice and vibe and thats the most important thing you can do as a producer, not a big fan of this singing kind of shit but ive heard waaaay worse this atleast is catchy
2nd beat, vibe from the 80s and 90s? lol well which one is it, the timing is off somewhere, my guess is the drums, you need to go back and tighten this up because that sample is fucking fire, and all the things you added is real dope but the issue is timing god the drums are off, try fucking with the swing and timing of your drum sounds im sure youll get it
3rd..fyi its hard to judge beats off a song this sounds dope tho reminds me of some west coast dubstep rap shit....sounds like something you did for fun and this was fun to listen to it was like my ears were on a roller coaster, this beat is funny, for what it is its aight
@TeeJay Sounds skipped
@GOLDY Vinyls skipped
@Edgar dope beat id write to this personally its put together very well
@SonicMajor nice beat, next time give evreyone feedback, a little old school aint nothing wrong with that i like it

ok...for my beat i wanted to show yall a beat ive worked on for a while, im the type of guy where i wont show anyone my beats until i for certain know its "complete", and my version of "complete" may differ from alot of producers but i think thats what help me stand out ... i sampled an alicia keys song and made this beat around when my grandfather died last year, and recently "completed" it and i wanted to share this with you guys in the community cuz i know you guys will appreiate and recognize the work i put into making this beat...its one of those beats i get real attached to as it is real personal to me being that it reminds me of a dark place in my life...her words inspired me to make this and i hope you all enjoy...pz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13569876

(i dont know how to embed this^, Fade can u help with this?)

chronic

Battle Points: 1
@dBtheProducer If you're gonna tag at least give feedback instead of saying "skip". Makes you seem like an amateur. You wouldn't see me tagging you saying your beat that won the contest sounded like elevator music in Chiraq.

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
@dBtheProducer If you're gonna tag at least give feedback instead of saying "skip". Makes you seem like an amateur. You wouldn't see me tagging you saying your beat that won the contest sounded like elevator music in Chiraq.

@chronic
@chronic
@chronic
@chronic
@chronic
@chronic
@chronic ok...got it! ;)

@dBtheProducer don't know which beat you tried to post but I listened to first track, "back to the basics" not too much of a hip hop beat fan but this one is nicely put, I feel Dre bout to rap on this beat out of no where lol good production. Keep it up.

@C-RayBeats like the first one but that second beat you posted is super nice! Love the spacing between kicks and snares! Super dope. Quality is nice as well! Keep it up!

@HouseOfBeets I like the concept. It feel like the sounds could be updated or tweaked a bit, overall I can bounce with it.

@Feel I'm feeling that "green nuggets" beat! Super chill! Well put together.

Here is another beat I made, titled "Rose Gold" hope you guys enjoy.

Last edited:

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
@oninkaf That Remake beat is dope. For the first one you need to lower the guitar just a little so it can bland in good

@Marc Duncan I definitely like the first beat better. I can't really dig the second one, but good job.

@PYVS This beat is sauce. Good job with the filter.

@chronic The beat is kinda generic IMO but I can see Gucci rap over it

@cto Dope RnB music. But something is off about it, just don't know yet.

@HouseOfBeets I love the drums but the bass has to go. The bass is too loud for a great beat like this IMO

@Drago Zetić This beat is also sauce. Nothing bad to say about it

@Hadoq That first and second beat is dope, but that third one had me hopping around like a little kid. Good job with those.

@TeeJay Sounds I love the melody but the drums sounds presets and kinda generic IMO. Other than that this track is not bad.

@GOLDY Vinyls Welcome to the forum :) I dig your track. It was dope but very repetitive. Good job on it..

@Edgar HOT DAMN!!! This track is saucey. My favorite part about it is the bassline. Love it!!

@SonicMajor This track is dope sauce, but I think the 2pac Acapella ruined it...too bad man

@dBtheProducer You kill me with the skipped lol....But anyway this track is dope as hell. Nothing bad to say about it. Keep up the good ass work my man.

@Feel I like this track, but kinda repetitive. The horns are banging

@DEEZ BEATZ Great mixing and the vocals. Nothing bad to say about it really...

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@dBtheProducer
not sure about your beat (I got "too bad it don't matter so I'm gonna comment on that one)

First off, thanks for the in depth review.
The first track is a remix I did for the label (it's actually a 2 parts remix, gonna post the other part here also), I don't mind the singing stuff, although it does make it harder to remix.

The second track is definitely very loose, it was on purpose, as a reference to the late 90s, early 00s Neo Soul classics (D'angelo, the older bilals etc...)

The third track, yea I had some fun, first track I do in this particular style.

Now onto "too bad it don't matter"
The quality of the music itself seems pretty cool in general, I can tell there's some work. Although there are a few things that I did mind a lot

- The overal mix sounds like from inside a box, maybe over compressed, maybe your monitors, I don't know. Also it seems very centered.

- The part at 1'40" (approx) has very annoying and definitely way too loud hats, the loop is also much too long to be left "as is". It could somehow work with a massive swell of instruments/risers/rolls etc... but as it is now, I was wondering if there was an issue with my internet connection.

The music seems fairly nice as itself, but the mix really kills it.

I've checked your other beats, some sound a little better, some are a little repetitive. Overall they all seem to have more or less of a mixing issue (mine are in pretty bad shape also, to be fair)

I like "back to basics"

Overall, I think some of your problem may come from your drums, while the sounds themselves seem nice enough, they do lack some punch, the snares especially, maybe too much reverb.

Are you using software? hardware? I like using hardware in general, but especially for the drums (got a few drum machines/modules, a volca sample -that thing is underrated AF-, a couple of dedicated kick synths myself), I think they really make the world of a difference.

As far as mixing goes, I still am very bad, but I got iZotope neutron and it helped a great deal, pretty great plugin.

Gonna review the other tracks in my next message, but you spent quite some time writing the reviews, I figured I give you your own reply :)

Good job man, the music is great, once you sort the mixing out, it'll take some names!

here's the other part of the remix project

and yes, the mix is pretty bad here in particular

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
@TeeJay Sounds
loving the intro, classic

unfortunately, the drums really don't work for me, nor does the bass sound

the sample and overall groove are dope tho, I really like what you did, if you want to make it into a collab, I'd love to give a shot at that sample chop that you did. let me know if you're interested ;)

@GOLDY Vinyls
Nice intro also, once the beat kicks in, it gets serious, love your groove here. Some stuff seems offkey but not to the point where it's bothering. The break comes at the right time, love your hats rolls and snare sound. Great job !
The latest beat is amazing, very atmospheric, loving it, you can create nice moods, it's very inspiring and very inspired.

@Edgar
Wow, that's some heavy beat, loving it, smooth calm and relaxed, you got me on my sweetspot

@SonicMajor
Pretty cool track, the acapella could be a little louder. The mix a little boxy, but good music, oldschool vibe

@C-RayBeats
Classic stuff, well put together, not a big fan, but when it's good, it's good, and in your case, it's pretty good.
Too bad they're both in the same key

@Feel
unexpected, pretty cool, upbeat and weird, I love it, extremely well executed, I got nothing bad to say about this, it's original and masterfully put together, this forum is full of talent, and you, sir are standing out from the crowd here.Blew my mind. Following you on SC and I'll be reposting your stuff around ;)

@HouseOfBeets
Dope beat man, not my cup of tea, but very nice nonetheless

@DEEZ BEATZ
Nice beat man, not a big fan of the style, but it's pretty cool, some mixing/balancing issues, but nothing bad

@Klypse
gotta love that intro <3 But then it's alittle repetitive, although it does remind me of some quasimoto, so it's not that bad ;)
love that remix tho <3

@tomkillsjerry
I hate and I love your ride/cymbal, great beat, very calm and you have a very very good energy management, perfect sounds, great mix, very strong and impressive beat, I love what you did there, inspiring.

Some beat I just finished, very smooth (hence the name)

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
@GOLDY Vinyls "Insomnia" has a really interesting sample (low pass filter?), but I'd enjoy it more if you messed around with the sample some more. I never really liked 808s, but they fit this one really well.
"Rose Gold" is much better with a nice, rich sample - real fancy stuff. Even your tag matches it well. I don't mind the switch.
@dBtheProducer I'm not familiar with the original song, but that didn't stop me from liking your version. You've successfully fused multiple styles, but I think the loop starting at 1:34 could be shorter.
@Klypse "JimmyFlip" could use a slightly harder and/or louder snare along with additional instrumentation in my opinion. By itself, it sounds like a decent foundation. The Murs remix has some marvelous chops, although the music occasionally overpowers him - try using a compressor or something. Then again, it's just an unofficial remix/blend (I see these as a great form of theft prevention).
@tomkillsjerry I love the way it progresses, especially with that harsh sounding synth. Sounds like it's ready for some one to spit to.
@Hadoq "Workvers" has a couple of nice ideas in it, but sounds a bit too barebones. Perhaps you should layer it up with additional chord sections The detuned synths near the end go well over it.
"Smooth Beat" sounds like a nice continuation of one of the beats you submitted in a previous post here, really good chops in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online