Showcase - May 17-23, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Made a Michael Jackson vocal sampled beat EP this week, seen Kanye in the studio chopping up “never can say goodbye” but he never finished it but someone else made this dope version to Kanye’s vocal chops so I wanted to cover it also for fun and ended up chopping more vocals and made this Ep. I put all 5 in one video cause I guess that’s how it’s done these days

Made a Michael Jackson vocal sampled beat EP this week, seen Kanye in the studio chopping up “never can say goodbye” but he never finished it but someone else made this dope version to Kanye’s vocal chops so I wanted to cover it also for fun and ended up chopping more vocals and made this Ep. I put all 5 in one video cause I guess that’s how it’s done these days

this is all amazing! Be yourself is proper good love when the synth line come in.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@YOUTHVACCINE i love your sound!! I really love chapala but I lost my brain has to be my favorite pick, that beat is very refreshing to listen to and would make for a great song or even remix!! Love the style

NatureRok

ILLIEN

this is interesting.. very unique idea..

Stoned Monk

Music & Chill
Battle Points: 16
@YOUTHVACCINE Chapala sounds dope! I really like the intro and the drums. The subtle voice adds a lot of vibe to the beat. I could be wrong, but some parts sound not perfectly in key. But apard from this, definitely keep it up!
@Matt-D I like this chill vibe. Definitely a good beat tape to relax to.

I made this remix of a german rap track. The original is beautiful, but I tryed to add another, more deep vibe to the song.

Heres a little something Im working on with an artist at the studio, I asked her to rewrite the verses as I wasnt feeling them, but this is what we have come up with so far, minus verses. One of the first recordings with our new SM7b. I really like that mic.
Nothing here yet.

@Matt-D Listened to the first couple, wasnt really feeling the style to be honest. Found the first one to be very repetitive, the second one was much better in terms of structure. But it sounded very muddy and a bit muffled. Id work on the mix on that one and it would be much better.

Last edited:
@YOUTHVACCINE Chapala sounds dope! I really like the intro and the drums. The subtle voice adds a lot of vibe to the beat. I could be wrong, but some parts sound not perfectly in key. But apard from this, definitely keep it up!
@Matt-D I like this chill vibe. Definitely a good beat tape to relax to.

I made this remix of a german rap track. The original is beautiful, but I tryed to add another, more deep vibe to the song.

this reminds me a little of John Carpenters music. I think it could really use a bassline though

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@Matt-D : I like the ‘Be Yourself’ sample flip, especially the jazz chords you added in there, really makes it its own piece.I also like Pretty Good Loving, I think I really liked how you chopped both vocals on both beats. Great job on the EP.

@YOUTHVACCINE : Nice sample chops on Quickflip, reminds me of an Earl Sweatshirt type of beat.

I like the chops and the mix of Chapala, especially the mix of the drums. This one sounds even more inspired by Alchemist to me. I like it, you’ve got a real talent for beatmaking and sampling.

@Stoned Monk : I think the acapella fits well with the beat. Especially the content of the acapella, the beat sounds moody just like the lyrics. Nice beat and it was also a great way to practice my German. Thanks.

@2GooD Productions : I like the mix of the drums on this and the mix of the distorted guitar. The singer also has a really good voice.Structure also keeps the song pretty interesting. Ya’ll put in some good work on this.

Here's a beat I made that I play guitar on. The second video is a YouTube short that is a breakdown of the beat.

NANI beats

Wow this is insane.. So miss Michael Jackson.. and the drum is smooth.. Nice work!

bizob

Battle Points: 2
@Matt-D : I like the ‘Be Yourself’ sample flip, especially the jazz chords you added in there, really makes it its own piece.I also like Pretty Good Loving, I think I really liked how you chopped both vocals on both beats. Great job on the EP.

@YOUTHVACCINE : Nice sample chops on Quickflip, reminds me of an Earl Sweatshirt type of beat.

I like the chops and the mix of Chapala, especially the mix of the drums. This one sounds even more inspired by Alchemist to me. I like it, you’ve got a real talent for beatmaking and sampling.

@Stoned Monk : I think the acapella fits well with the beat. Especially the content of the acapella, the beat sounds moody just like the lyrics. Nice beat and it was also a great way to practice my German. Thanks.

@2GooD Productions : I like the mix of the drums on this and the mix of the distorted guitar. The singer also has a really good voice.Structure also keeps the song pretty interesting. Ya’ll put in some good work on this.

Here's a beat I made that I play guitar on. The second video is a YouTube short that is a breakdown of the beat.

I mess with this vibe. When it started, I thought that the snare was a bit harsh for such a smooth beat... then I ended up loving that snare... Overall, smooth jam bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.