Showcase - May 20-26, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry @Matt-D , vpn isnt workin for some reason & i cant access yt.
This beat right here was one of my favorites when i was making it, then i showed it to people.
Every Single Person said it sounds cheesy and it should be the music on ending credits of shitty tv series, and i think theyre kinda right. So why does my beat(s) sound like that ? I wanted an amy winehouse mood on my beat, why didnt i get that ?

Nimbasabe

@Matt-D i can’t access the first beat but the second beat is a vibe. I don’t like the original song but this one I can listen to haha. I like how you slowed it down a bit and gave it that retro, synthwave feel with all the elements.

@ArvinArmani I’m not well-versed music theory so I can’t say for sure. Could be the chord progression, type of piano or tempo but I do know the strings give me that vibe. I like the drums though I think they’re really good. I’d say keep tweaking everything else til you get that feel you’re looking for.

Here’s my newest beat in a while. I appreciate any feedback!

Last edited:
@Matt-D i can’t access the first beat but the second beat is a vibe. I don’t like the original song but this one I can listen to haha. I like how you slowed it down a bit and gave it that retro, synthwave feel with all the elements.

@ArvinArmani I’m not well-versed music theory so I can’t say for sure. Could be the chord progression, type of piano or tempo but I do know the strings give me that vibe. I like the drums though I think they’re really good. I’d say keep tweaking everything else til you get that feel you’re looking for.

Here’s my newest beat in a while. I appreciate any feedback!

Lemme be honest with u alright ? Imma make sure i noted all the cons first, the firsg thing is no topic can be rapped on this, this doesnt rly sound good, its not music to my ears, and it doesnt use a pentascale which kinda bothers me.
But on the other hand, i personally like it, because even though it doesnt sound good, it has a Perfect vibe, i mean if u keep this vibe with u and learn how to execute properly, it will be Awesome. This kinda vibe is not something that anybody would connect to though.

Ur probably not a rly experienced beatmaker, i think ur in the level that ive been 2 years ago : at this stage i was making the shittiest yet catchiest beats of my life, and they were rly connected to my feelings, thats a thing thag i dont rly have now, like i did at that stage. If u want a tip from me, stay away from sampling as much as u can, if u do, there will be a massive decrease in ur creativiy. At least there was for me. Keep it up and ull get better everyday bro

Nimbasabe

First of all, I appreciate you being straight up I wouldn’t have it any other way. I know I got a ways to go especially in terms of music theory. I honestly wasn’t too sure who i could see rapping over this so I see your point there. Thanks for all the advice and input bro you’ve given me plenty to keep in mind moving forward!

Last edited:

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@ArvinArmani sounds good the thing I like the most is the arrangement. Everything seems to fit perfectly and come in at the right times.

@Nimbasabe i liked yours bro! The drums are a little different but in a good way because they are not overdone. The melody is on point as well. Personally I would like to hear someone on this nicely done.

madja

Sorry @Matt-D , vpn isnt workin for some reason & i cant access yt.
This beat right here was one of my favorites when i was making it, then i showed it to people.
Every Single Person said it sounds cheesy and it should be the music on ending credits of shitty tv series, and i think theyre kinda right. So why does my beat(s) sound like that ? I wanted an amy winehouse mood on my beat, why didnt i get that ?
You should add a bassline and pumpin kick to make that track come alive, right now it kind of sounds like a movie soundtrack haha

Here´s my beat, appreciate all feedback!

You should add a bassline and pumpin kick to make that track come alive, right now it kind of sounds like a movie soundtrack haha

Here´s my beat, appreciate all feedback!

Ty, but isnt the beat already based on a bassline ? Whatcha mean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.