Showcase - May 23-29, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
I promised I'd give feedback on last week's beats, but I couldn't reply to the thread so I'm giving it here instead, I hope it's ok

@tomkillsjerry buy sundown: as usual, great and intricate stuff, what I like is that all your sounds are on point, always, so your beats flow very smoothly. great music, good style
@TenMoreNames "differented 29" alright, so now we're getting a phat bass, I kinda like it, but not as much as you did when mixing, it's a bit loud, musically it's nice, but the mix has to be better than that, balance it a little better. You're onto something, keep at it! I like the "vocal-ish" samples especially
@NONONSENSEBEATS Battle aftermath. Smooth and relaxed, the music is very nice, but I wish the mix were more powerful, louder. Some of the sounds also sound a little on the cheap side, like straight out of a triton preset or something like that. Maybe work a little more with effects and whatnot. The music is great tho.
@Chad "I get in my feelings sometimes" kind of a disco/madlib (yea I know they're barely related) kind of vibe, I like that kind of "not so clean" stuff, very powerful, oldschool and yet modern, great stuff
"Riding theme music"
now that's something else, not bad, but some of the orchestral hits don't really sound very good and the mixing is kind of off too. Again, like nonsense, some sounds really sound like presets. I like the other one better
@HeavyTakeMusic "My shoes" very clean production, very musical, very mainstream too, but it's one thing to go mainstream, it's still difficult to do it right, and you're pretty good at doing it right. Great stuff here, congrats on the execution.
@ColeSllaw 'hates on me' Smooth and relaxed, the kick is a bit loud. nice chords, not a big fan of the arpeggios. it's nice but it kinda feels like it's sequenced, not played, I can't really hear any variations in velocity etc... it sounds too "programmed". you're this close to have a great sounding track, but you should work on the details more. Also you have your foreground, which is fairly strong, but nothing really happens in the background, some effects, ambient sounds etc... I think they'd do great for a smooth track like that, adding great depth.
@tomkillsjerry kingt3
the music is great, again, nothing bad to say about your stuff. not a big fan of the vocals tho.
@Zephyr52 EdHan, nice samples, it's a little repetitive and the drums definitely lack some punch, but I like your vibe, keep at it!
@Smokeylicious "doice droga"
Nice stuff here, the drums would gain in being simpler tho (less is more), it gets a little repetitive/robotic after a while. Also even tho there is a break, maybe more variation would definitely help the beat! keep at it!

dot.

Hey Guys!

@tomkillsjerry I thought your track was really dope! Loved the way it started off slow and then kept growing throughout. The beat itself - the drums - really impressive. Keeping an eye out for more of your stuff. :)

@Hadoq very well produced overall. The pink airplanes is very subtle, low-key and simple, which is not a bad thing. I think it would benefit a ton from someone rapping over the beat to add an extra layer of sound, and it would fit well with the beat which is in itself already very easy to listen to. This is kind of well illustrated by the other beat you shared. CDC. Nothing new to say about the production: solid, really good. And the rap (although I've no idea what the guy is saying) seems to be right at home over the beat. Good stuff altogether!

So I cooked something up as well this week. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Klypse

Space Diggin..
Battle Points: 93
@tomkillsjerry Dope beat, I like the drum rolls on it.
@Hadoq The first beat was nice. I love the baseline
@dot. The beat is alright. Didn't stand out that much to me

I'm gonna try to give more feedback this time. I barely did it last week (Kids and father duty). I heard the rest of your guys tracks tho and it has some bangers.

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
Here's a song I did of Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!

@tomkillsjerry - nice creativity and vibe. Definitely a track ready for the right rapper.

@Hadoq - nice tracks and songs. I really like some of the sounds you use, very original. Sometimes they sound slightly cheesy west coast which isn't something I live but I'm sure other people do.

@Klypse pretty nice groove though the drum sounds need some work themselves. They sound like presets.

@dot. Nice and unique track. I like the laid back vibe. Definitely a nice track for the right singer.

@Smokeylicious Nice concept for a beat though the quantization seems off.

@Hit The Road Nice remake, good groove and James Brown for 2016! You know any breakdancers? It makes me want to breakdance! lol.

Last edited:

Hadoq

Producing weird shit since 2002
hahaha hardboiled! you got me on the cheesy westcoast stuff, guilty as charged. I was a teenager during the 90s, cheesy west coast stuff is what got me into hip hop in the first place.
I'm a big fan of cheezy stuff actually, if you listen carefully, my stuff is full of cheese. I don't know why, but yea I realize some people might not like it, and it's ok, but yea cheesy west coast stuff really floats my boat <3

it's too late for me to listen to the new tracks, but I'll leave reviews later this week. thanks for the love ;)

Just a simple beat I finished up today. Will return some feedback hopefully tomorrow when I have a more stable internet connection :)

Hit The Road

Battle Points: 1
@tomkillsjerry : nice beat, very versatile, the snare tells itself. Not a fan of the lead going on half the beat but anyway it's just my personal taste. Good work!

@Hadoq : hey man, nice to hear something from you. Loved your first beat, killer bassline, good drums choice. I really like the wooble lead. I didn't know the original of your remix beat, but it sounds good as you made it, again perfect bassline with the kick togheter. Nice ones!

@dot. : great piano, fits perfectly. Nice drums as well, the snap choice is appropriate, I like it!

@Klypse : this my kind of beat, nice bassline, oldstyle drums.

@hardboiled : not sure what's goin on there, but you got me into it. It is somenthing unusual, stunning rap, fastest beat ever, 8 bit leads, nice work!

@Smokeylicious : i like your beat, good drums, the melody is okey. Just one thing, it could sound a bit ripetitive, you do change something (you stop the hats, others breaks through the beat). I think it deserves more, could be more dope!

Here's my stuff. I wanted to try something out, not sure how is sounds.

Sheen Sheep

Hey Guys!

So I cooked something up as well this week. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks!

I really loved this one in particular. The lyrics are sensational and very emotional and I've always had a thing for minimalism and this is a beautiful song.

This is a song I've been working on. Hope you guys like it and looking forward to some honest feedback

DCtheKid

@Klypse: That sample was excellent! Felt the overall track was too short though. While the kick drum fit well, I felt that the snare too weak and could benefit from being layered, compressed more, and/or replaced.

@dot. Liked the melody that you came up with. The concept of the song was good too. I feel the snap would be a bit louder in the mix and I think the beat could use some hi-hats(the perc you used was good but it still felt a bit empty to me).

Anno Domini is giving me a shot to earn a spot(or 2) on a beat mixtape he's doing soon. Here's one of my submission. Let me know what you think sounds good and what could use improvement.

Spiegel

Battle Points: 1
Hey Guys!

@tomkillsjerry I thought your track was really dope! Loved the way it started off slow and then kept growing throughout. The beat itself - the drums - really impressive. Keeping an eye out for more of your stuff. :)

@Hadoq very well produced overall. The pink airplanes is very subtle, low-key and simple, which is not a bad thing. I think it would benefit a ton from someone rapping over the beat to add an extra layer of sound, and it would fit well with the beat which is in itself already very easy to listen to. This is kind of well illustrated by the other beat you shared. CDC. Nothing new to say about the production: solid, really good. And the rap (although I've no idea what the guy is saying) seems to be right at home over the beat. Good stuff altogether!

Dude. You're voice is gold! I really dig the minimalist approach and i enjoy the effects you put on what you did have in the mix. That snare was tops. If i had any feedback I'd prolly just say that the song structurally could do with some variation, maybe some build. As it is now it would make an amazing interlude.

Deemitri

@tomkillsjerry real unique. Sounds like an electro rock piece.

@dot. dope as fuck, best thing I've heard on this site. Big ups

@Sheen Sheep nice beat, not sure on the feature though

@Klypse cool vibes bro! Chopped this up very nicely

Here's a little something I made yesterday, I don't have much equipment at the moment so couldn't work on the bass so this is about 80% finished
Chuck me a follow too. Peace

Sheen Sheep

@Sheen Sheep nice beat, not sure on the feature though

Here's a little something I made yesterday, I don't have much equipment at the moment so couldn't work on the bass so this is about 80% finished
Chuck me a follow too. Peace

What did you think about the features? We appreciate criticism, even if it's harsh. After all that's how we can improve.

And your beat is fire. First off the samples were used nicely and the subtlety in some of the sounds make it special for example like how the piano doesn't sound robotic and on perfectly on time. I feel like it gives the song more character

DCtheKid

Deemitri: I like the melody and the overall vibe of the track. The kick is way too loud to my relative to the snare and hats making the track feel out of balance.

@Sheen Sheep: The beat was pretty good. Good composition. I think it would sound better with some trap-style hi-hat rolls. The singer on the hook doesn't have a good singing voice. The rapper's flow is off-beat...sometimes an off-beat flow can sound good but it through me off tbh. I think he should work on his cadence or just do a double-time verse since the beat's a pretty low tempo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online