Showcase - May 28-June 3, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Alpheaus

BlackBeard
I really Like this beat was felt like I was floating back to the era of Soul. Clean JOB!

Good day all,

Been a while since I've been in the community, but hope you enjoy this. This was a made yesterday and got a decent response on instagram. Let me know how yall feel.

#bringbackthesoul

I really Like this beat was felt like I was floating back to the era of Soul. Clean JOB!

wilizm

Good day all,

Been a while since I've been in the community, but hope you enjoy this. This was a made yesterday and got a decent response on instagram. Let me know how yall feel.

#bringbackthesoul

I likes. It's got that Dilla/Pete Rock vibe to it. It sounds like some of the sounds are ducking in & out a little, but I still rock with it. It knocks.

producervibes

Battle Points: 56
Hey everyone Happy Tuesday. Check out this beat I made, it has a BROCKHAMPTON/Tyler, The Creator type of feel with my own personal bounce to it. I'm still developing my sound so any feedback is appreciated!

Are u a beginner? Because I must be honest this beat sound like for someone who just started producing. I will not comment it further because there are lot's of things that need to be done here. But keep it up man if you just started.

wilizm

@S3oulC1ty Wow, you're at it again! Still keeping the distinct style, still dope, I really admire your consistency. These chops are really clever and I like how the sample came out, did you take it in stereo?

Yet another blend out, this time with an a cappella I had to extract by myself... Might EQ it a bit since it doesn't sound the best, would love to hear some opinions.

This knocks. That's that dusty stuff I grew up on. I want that kick to smack a little harder though, but that is the dust that's missing now a days.

Supreme Naim

Music Producer
Are u a beginner? Because I must be honest this beat sound like for someone who just started producing. I will not comment it further because there are lot's of things that need to be done here. But keep it up man if you just started.
No I'm not a beginner, I taught myself how to play 3 different instruments as a kid. This is just something I put out there to stand out. I don't wanna sound like every other producer I like to play with different sounds. Don't disrespect my credibility as an artist if you're not feeling it. Just leave constructive criticism and move on. & wait till my next post if you wanna hear something more on the musical side.

wilizm

I will literally son both of y'all when it comes to music. We could literally beat battle right now, no samples, all originality. Holler at me when you can produce without sampling.

I actually respected what you said and how you said it, but you spazzing out right now.

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
@S3oulC1ty Dope as usual. always dig the way your drums pop

@Drago Zetić feeling this thought the drums could use some more pop but dope non the less

@Delayed feel like the sounds are kind of stock could maybe mess with the arrangement

@Matt-D cool chill beat. i like the swing in your drums sounds dope

@Souv pretty chill sounds like an old kung fu movie back drop

@ArvinArmani pretty cool take on it. almost sounds like a game sound track

Something i did last night

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
@tomkillsjerry You've got the atmospheric trap style down to a science, I respect that a lot. The reverb on that clap during the "verses" is insane (but good). I also like the vocal sample, fits the track well. At the beginning of the sequence starting at 2:08 along with 3:43, there's a loud click that doesn't belong there (some sound got cut off).

Another thing you could do is vary the amount of panning applied to the hi-hats, right now they're a bit too much to the right. There's also some pretty ugly distortion going on when the vocal sample gets filtered near the end, though it probably won't be easy to fix.

@Matt-D Not familiar with the original song, but I'm feeling that Weeknd remix, very tasteful use of the bitcrusher. Some of the background synths (like the ones at the beginning) sound a bit generic/stock/cheap, but don't detract too much. The mix is fine and the drums sound great, too.

Your take on "Selfish" is also great, if not better, though the BPM of the vocals is very slightly off, as the pads come a bit too early for them, especially near the end. I like how you also have this innate sense of "R&B" chords. Move some of the high pitched notes at 1:10 up a semitone, as that would fix the only major flaw with this beat. That arpeggio is beautiful, great job.

@ArvinArmani Posting blends is perfectly fine, as you can see above. The guitar in your track is way too loud during the verses and clashes really hard with Ye's low quality vocals (the a cappella's obviously been taken out by "force" from someone with lots of free time). The drums could be more pronounced. By the way, thanks for the suggestion, a crowd could really hype that beat up and I already have some crowd samples from live performances.

Supreme Naim

Music Producer
@S3oulC1ty Dope as usual. always dig the way your drums pop

@Drago Zetić feeling this thought the drums could use some more pop but dope non the less

@Delayed feel like the sounds are kind of stock could maybe mess with the arrangement

@Matt-D cool chill beat. i like the swing in your drums sounds dope

@Souv pretty chill sounds like an old kung fu movie back drop

@ArvinArmani pretty cool take on it. almost sounds like a game sound track

Something i did last night

The bass really sets the tone with this one I dig it. Nice ambience you created, reminds me a little of X. I think it's pretty cool how you implemented that gritty feel giving it something like a "rock" element. I think the synth you added here and there is a little harsh, but that's one of those things that could be done on purpose and actually make the song if the artist uses it right. Check this out

KuKo

@Supreme Naim This Jazzy one is super dope man, love the melodies and how you used the sounds, not a single part I could say something bad about, keep it up!

@producervibes Altough I like the vibe of the track, that arp (i guess?) that goes throughout the track gets annoying after few bars, but other than that cool, summerish beat!

@tomkillsjerry This one is nice man, gives chills, especially these vocals, definetely a real banger!

@K.D.R. Not my taste really, synth feels annoying and very bad for ear, also melody needs some work to do and maybe better sound selection and mix, overall you can definetely do better than that man!

Check me out, and please leave a feedback guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.