Showcase - May 28-June 3, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otto

Hello, i'm very new at making beats so i would very much appreciate some feedback. Any tips you may have or even your preferred software for beat making would help out a lot, Thank you

K.D.R.

@KuKo nice beat, I think mixed well to lay on some vocals. Although melody after about 1:10 was quite sharp on ears, and I think there was that little distorted bassy sound which clashed with kicks occasionally, but maybe that was the intention. Hope that helps!

Otto

Thank you, and yes this does help. I’m still learning how to layer sounds so that they’re not as harsh.

RizzakBeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@S3oulC1ty very nice, i love your funky bassline. your chops also great :up2: sounds very smooth and much of a summer vibe sunset beat to me
@Drago Zetić that sounds very good, but your midlow to low-end sounds a bit muddy to me, maybe some eq-ing on your freq till 300hz to get it clearer. the chords and sounds are nice!
@Delayed your drums are too dry in my opinion. try layering your clap, maybe some snare roll here and there and give the drums some room with reverb/hall - your mix is okay, but the legato lead is imo too loud.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@Drago Zetić yeah you were right I had to change that one chord because it was out of tune with the tail end of his voice but I didn't go up though instead I descended that one chord and it made a big difference so good lookin out, this is why it pays to have someone with fresh ears critique. Here is the newer version.

David Alpheaus

BlackBeard
New to producing started in January with no musical experience. Havent mixed or mastered any tracks as I am still learining to atm

PoloBeats

Any feedback on this?

<iframe width="100%" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" allow="autoplay" src=""></iframe>

GhostChamberz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 128
Im sorry guys, call me a hater or whatever u want. But none of this appeals to me except for Seoulcity, Drago and Matt-D beats.
Im not usually this non-constructive but im just tired of sequenced sounds without no fuckin meaning i cant picture an mc on the rest of the stuff. Its not music to me. pls dont take it personal. I like certain trap beats and shit. but its just generic sounding trap and edm sounding shit and i just miss good hip hop beat in general. Pls dont think im arrogant cause i support all producers and im not claiming to be better than anyone but god damn, am i the only one missing that shit that moved your soul and hit u in the gut? That swag that made u feel like u hade done 97% pure coke or that beat that made u feel like some opiates were slipped into ya drink? Am i the only 1? im not a yes man. I cant sit here and nod my head and pretend this shit is on fire. Again pls dont get me wrong, am i the only one feeling this way?

KuKo

Im sorry guys, call me a hater or whatever u want. But none of this appeals to me except for Seoulcity, Drago and Matt-D beats.
Im not usually this non-constructive but im just tired of sequenced sounds without no fuckin meaning i cant picture an mc on the rest of the stuff. Its not music to me. pls dont take it personal. I like certain trap beats and shit. but its just generic sounding trap and edm sounding shit and i just miss good hip hop beat in general. Pls dont think im arrogant cause i support all producers and im not claiming to be better than anyone but god damn, am i the only one missing that shit that moved your soul and hit u in the gut? That swag that made u feel like u hade done 97% pure coke or that beat that made u feel like some opiates were slipped into ya drink? Am i the only 1? im not a yes man. I cant sit here and nod my head and pretend this shit is on fire. Again pls dont get me wrong, am i the only one feeling this way?

Sounds like another dude stuck in the past...Life goes on btw

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@tomkillsjerry I love the hi hat pattern in this beat and the transition that leads to the hook is very smooth and keeps things very interesting. This is something I can just listen to without a vocalist on it, Nice Work!!

gt90

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 84
@David Alpheaus Your song is good, I liked it overall especially when the 808's kick in. The only thing I would change is perhaps have a shorter intro as the song doesn't seem to get going until about 30s to 40s in. Keep up the good work.
@PoloBeats I really liked the main melody, the song was good as a whole too but I wasn't feeling the bit where the 808's were left alone, the only thing I would therefore change is the structure of the beat. Good job otherwise.
@thizzbeatz I loved this song, it had very chill vibes. It was very nicely structured and I loved the melody, simple yet effective. I wouldn't change anything. Excellent work!

I made a very quick beat and put a Pusha T acapella on it just for fun, I'd appreciate any feedback on the beat itself which can be heard on its own at the end of the song.
Peace!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online