Showcase - May 4-10, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@2GooD Productions Not much I can tell ya on the first one, but the second I cant say much about either :p

The second is nice man, remind me of @WIKTO-GRIZZLY and the stuff he makes. I could ride with it on a sunny day.

Heres one of a few I started today, this isnt finished either but.. yeah.
Nothing here yet.

Last edited:

Marc Duncan

The Black Man
Battle Points: 3
Made these both today, its been a good day

This is the flip of the shitty flute that fade posted hahahaha
Nothing here yet.

made this for my uncle's boating video hahahaha

Nothing here yet.
The first one is ok, but the second one is tight.
@2GooD Productions Not much I can tell ya on the first one, but the second I cant say much about either :p

The second is nice man, remind me of @WIKTO-GRIZZLY and the stuff he makes. I could ride with it on a sunny day.

Nothing here yet.
I'm a big fan of the 808, filthy as fuck.

Here's mine

Made these both today, its been a good day

This is the flip of the shitty flute that fade posted hahahaha
Nothing here yet.

made this for my uncle's boating video hahahaha

Nothing here yet.
First beat: Well structured. Mix sounds decent to me. I like the snare. Overall, this is well made.
Second beat: I like this one more. The keys sound dope. The mix is clean. Maybe take out a little bit of the low end on the kick. Good work.

Nothing here yet.
The main string sound is clean. I really like the 808. MIx sounds good to me. The beat has a dramatic feel to it. Good job.

Both remixes sound decent. They have a similar sound to them, your sound I guess. To me the mixing sounded slightly muddy or something like that, but I am not sure what it is though. However, both beats fit the accapelas well. They sound well structured to me and the sound selection is pretty good. I like the second one more than the first one.

KZA

Prada Don
For this week...

That Beat is just beautiful, love how you switched up the melody from the vocal sample. Just the whole vibe of this beat is amazing. Wish it was longer tbh

Your boy feeds the streets again, lol. Let me know what you think, especially the mixing. Thanks.

I think the beat is really nice, the melodies and the vibe of the beat definitly would've fitted Nipsey's style. Only thing I would critique is I think the 808 is a little bit too aggressive for this kinda beat. I think it would sound perfect with a more smoother, yet this hard hitting 808 and with less slides.

That Beat is just beautiful, love how you switched up the melody from the vocal sample. Just the whole vibe of this beat is amazing. Wish it was longer tbh

I think the beat is really nice, the melodies and the vibe of the beat definitly would've fitted Nipsey's style. Only thing I would critique is I think the 808 is a little bit too aggressive for this kinda beat. I think it would sound perfect with a more smoother, yet this hard hitting 808 and with less slides.

Dope beat. I really like the low end. Nothing I can critique here, maybe add a switch up with an additional sound.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@2GooD Productions not really feeling the flute joint, the beat overall is ok but to me it sounds a little generic. The second beat is lit!!!! Nice job on that one.
@Pappas Beats great vibe going with this one, love the strings you used. The drums give it just the right touch.
@Dzhi Beats Fire bro!! I gotta learn that sub bass technique lol.
@EsquireMusic111 great vibe.
@KZA the beat is fine the mix just needs work.

@KZA This is a gutter beat, sounds real grimy. Dont know if thats what you were going for but its a bit muddy and has a few pops and clicks going on, actually the pops and clicks might just be my browser fucking up and lagging

@EsquireMusic111 Great rnb as usual man, you got that shit on lock.

@Dzhi Beats I know people go for the distorted 808's, but they really dont do it for me personally. Id prefer a nice clean and round 808. I would try to get more out of that hi hat too, enhance the very top end of it, around 12,000hz and make it sparkle, the beat is a bit sparse in the highest frequency range and just bringing up the hi hat and filtering the low end of it will make it sound so much more crisp and fill what is missing in the top.

@Matt-D I dont care. This is really good, the mix is on point too, id bring the drums up just a little, but thats the hip hop in me.Id also consider getting some guitars in there, cant have rock without guitars hahaha
scared to live. Nice start to this, has a very current pop vibe to it, really nice composition. I want to make some tracks like this at some point. Its where the money is at. Nice work.

As for my shitty flute flip, this is what I had to work with. I think I did well given the circumstances lmao.

@Marc Duncan Right, a few things, the mix is really bad. Ill start at the beginning, you need to go to you mix and make sure you do gain staging, bring the levels down on every track by the same amount, start by taking every channel down by 6db, then look at rhe master bus(without a limiter on it) and see if it peaks over 0.0db, when you have stopped the peaking on every track on its own, and also the master bus, then you are done with gain staging. Then you need to eq some of the sounds you are using because lhey clash and make the mix muddy. You need to cut below 20hz on every single track, and on your 808 you might want to shift that towards 30hz if the bass is very boomy, also put a dip at somewhere around 200-400hz to take the mud out of your 808. You will probably want to sidechain your kick to the 808 to allow you to push the levels a bit more and have the kick and bass both clear. That airy pipe organ like sound is very harsh in the midrange and it clashes with the other sound in the same frequency range, you should put a big dip somewhere in the area where it sounds really harsh. If you can follow on with that, it really would sound a lot better.

@Pappas Beats Love the strings, this feels pretty epic. The mix is nice, everything about it is nice, good work, Im feeling it. Id go a little bit further with some more layers man, and take that good beat and make it a truly great and epic beat, i see huge potential in that track

Last edited:

BlancoBeatz

Chiefer Sutherland

This shit slaps bro dont got to much else to say shits dope

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online