Showcase - May 4-10, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a Sesame Street beat I made a few years ago. Lmk what you guys think,

-for ur health

EDIT: I know the mixing is probably horrible lol this was before I knew what any of that shit was

Heres a real old one of mine, so old I even had my turntables still set up. I think this was back in 2008 or 9.
On the subject of Sesame Street hahahaha.

Will listen to yours now.

Sounds dope man, got the scratching in there too. Better than mine hahaha. The mix sounds decent too

Oh I made it in 07, the clue is in the fucking title hahaha. I wasnt far off.

Last edited:
@2GooD Productions the flute ones not my favorite the keyboard bass sound on that first one needs to be compressed I think. the second one was really good but I didn't feel the y'all know the name one
@Marc Duncan I like the way the drums came out a little distorted makes this beat really go, but I'd just clean up all the synths and pad chords so it has some more room to breathe under the drums and not sound as squashed, easier said than done tho obviously I'm still learning with mixing and shit
@EsquireMusic111 that beat is so dope I just wish I had more of it!

SwayeeBoogie

Torch Bearer for Authentic Hip-Hop
Made these both today, its been a good day

This is the flip of the shitty flute that fade posted hahahaha
Nothing here yet.

made this for my uncle's boating video hahahaha

Nothing here yet.
Great title for the 1st song and very nice that you made that flute work for you to anchor the instrumentation because the sample is trash. I say good job.

If this ain't a lil tecca beat then I don't know what is. Great work. 808's is placed perfectly and your mix is clean.
seriously man, clean is one thing the mix isnt. You can hear the over compression on every bass hit as the rest of the beat goes quiet when it hits.Sounds like too much was going through that limiter. Im not trying to shit talk his beat though, I genuinely want to help in the mix department. If I can help to steer in the right direction, I will try. It has nothing to do with anybodys feelings, just want to help us all grow and all be great producers, then we can take hip hop back to where it needs to be, and if we have to do that on our own, then so be it.

Khaly Beatz

Battle Points: 1
Heres a real old one of mine, so old I even had my turntables still set up. I think this was back in 2008 or 9.
On the subject of Sesame Street hahahaha.

Will listen to yours now.

Sounds dope man, got the scratching in there too. Better than mine hahaha. The mix sounds decent too

Oh I made it in 07, the clue is in the fucking title hahaha. I wasnt far off.

This be a throwback appreciate this
seriously man, clean is one thing the mix isnt. You can hear the over compression on every bass hit as the rest of the beat goes quiet when it hits.Sounds like too much was going through that limiter. Im not trying to shit talk his beat though, I genuinely want to help in the mix department. If I can help to steer in the right direction, I will try. It has nothing to do with anybodys feelings, just want to help us all grow and all be great producers, then we can take hip hop back to where it needs to be, and if we have to do that on our own, then so be it.

@2GooDProductions Yeah you're right, my bad on that... Could you give me a review on the mix for my beat as well?

Could you give me a review on the mix for my beat as well?
Yeah man, of course.

That bass when it drops it is overpowering, the mix sounds pretty decemt, personally Id boost a bit of mid to high frequency on that piano, make it a little brighter to fill out that part of the frequency spectrum.
I think just bringing the bass down a touch will be a good start as it drowns the piano out a bit.

Khaly Beatz

Yeah man, of course.

That bass when it drops it is overpowering, the mix sounds pretty decemt, personally Id boost a bit of mid to high frequency on that piano, make it a little brighter to fill out that part of the frequency spectrum.
I think just bringing the bass down a touch will be a good start as it drowns the piano out a bit.
Yeah I had some trouble with the 808. Thing is if I brought it down it started to sound real muddy hence why I brought it abit higher. Maybe I should have cut out the higher frequencies from the bass abit more. Might have fixed that issue?

Yeah I had some trouble with the 808. Thing is if I brought it down it started to sound real muddy hence why I brought it abit higher. Maybe I should have cut out the higher frequencies from the bass abit more. Might have fixed that issue?
if you put a dip somewhere between 250 - 400 hz on the 808 that will take the mud away, if you slowly bring a high pass filter up from 20hz towards 45 hz somehwere in there you should find a sweet spot that isnt so boomy. It will just round it off a lot better and give the rest of the track some space, there isnt much to the track, so what space you gain could be filled out a little more with that piano, which also needs a high pass filter on it at around 150 to 300hz somewhere in that range, depending on how its sounds.And yes you could put a low pass on the bass too just to remove uneccessary energy from the bass track, somewhere around 4000 hz should be good

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
@Pappas Beats Love the strings, this feels pretty epic. The mix is nice, everything about it is nice, good work, Im feeling it. Id go a little bit further with some more layers man, and take that good beat and make it a truly great and epic beat, i see huge potential in that track
@2GooD Productions Thanks bro, started it Saturday and couldnt put it down, already have some changes but I will make some more when i get home friday see what I can do. @Memento Beats gave me some ideas and got a few of my own. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the feedback @Matt-D @Dzhi Beats and @2GooD Productions I am trying to reach y'all's levels in here.

OMAR.

Battle Points: 5
before reading this i have to say sorry for my bad english and that small horizon of words lol.

@2GooD Productions 1st one is dope. love the sample what starts at 0:23. and drums are dope and good mixed 2nd has a really nice mood. i love that synth good job

@Pappas Beats dope strings bro. they fit to the drums perfectly.

@Marc Duncan its a banger bro. but i think in some point there are too many instruments put over. anyways love it. i'd re-mix it new because the drums are too good to leave them in the background.

@Matt-D god damn. both remixes are fire. just saved the second one. also there are great mixed.
i think i have to sub you and dig your music bro

@Dzhi Beats hard banger here. 808 is sick and crushed my brain hard. well DONE!

@KZA really good but the loop is too short. i'd do my melos a little bit longer. but its good basic just work on it and keep going bro

Sole Element

ILLIEN
@OMAR. Thanks man I appreciate that!! Checked out your beat man this is really good, I love that island vibe. Your mix is very clean, nothing is overpowering it and everything is exactly where it should be. No complaints on this end I also love that vocal you put throughout the beat really gives it a nice touch. I am definitely about to check your channel out as well.

WIKTO-GRIZZLY

WIKTO-GRIZZLY
Battle Points: 47
Made these both today, its been a good day

This is the flip of the shitty flute that fade posted hahahaha
Nothing here yet.

made this for my uncle's boating video hahahaha

Nothing here yet.
Hi Bro!!
Cool beats!
1st - angry gang style
2nd cool melodycal funk style, i like this!
Well done!
@2GooD Productions Not much I can tell ya on the first one, but the second I cant say much about either :p

The second is nice man, remind me of @WIKTO-GRIZZLY and the stuff he makes. I could ride with it on a sunny day.

Heres one of a few I started today, this isnt finished either but.. yeah.
Nothing here yet.

Cool epic and sad mood!
Good soundtrack to the epic movie))

Your boy feeds the streets again, lol. Let me know what you think, especially the mixing. Thanks.

Cool and iinteresting idea my bro!
you use crazy bass here, the whole mix drowned a little in it.

For this week...

Beautiful and easy beat. I really liked you, well done! I really like such a soothing style!

This propaganda was on the news last night, but fuck the propaganda, check out the piece of music.

I had to flip that, it came out so good I had to stick tags all over it hahahahaha

You have chosen very beautiful piano chords! Divine airy sound!))

HI My BEAT Brothers!))

I hope you are doing well!

These are my last 2 beats! Unfortunately, I did not manage to make a video for YouTube but uploaded it here!
Good to all!

id appreiciate every kind of support :)

This is pretty lit mane.
Hi Bro!!
Cool beats!
1st - angry gang style
2nd cool melodycal funk style, i like this!
Well done!

Cool epic and sad mood!
Good soundtrack to the epic movie))

Cool and iinteresting idea my bro!
you use crazy bass here, the whole mix drowned a little in it.

Beautiful and easy beat. I really liked you, well done! I really like such a soothing style!

You have chosen very beautiful piano chords! Divine airy sound!))

HI My BEAT Brothers!))

I hope you are doing well!

These are my last 2 beats! Unfortunately, I did not manage to make a video for YouTube but uploaded it here!
Good to all!

That Sad West beat hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.