Status
Not open for further replies.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
http://soundcloud.com/skidmatik/shottie-toya-body

"shottie to ya body"

Wrightboy...this beat is hard and erie...in a dope way though. I would develop the drum pattern a bit more and mix it down a tad and you will be str8.

Stat...99....this beat is dope bro. Very "r&b ish"...I could hear Avant on this. I would eq this a tad more and its a wrizzap! dope work.

static

static yessir
ill o.g.
skid - like to quantize on this - and the feel its def dark as hell horrorcore feeling and i fucks with that. bassline is thick too

wright - also like this theme too the drums are dope too that one thats off set make it hit a lil later (the kick) in my opinion and it would be better sounding but the mix and choice of instrumentaion is fucking ill i love this . i could see a old slim shady on here with tyler the creator's artist hodgy

my post is here

99_2.mp3 - 3.6 Mb
or
6.mp3 - 6.2 Mb

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
Something I made not too long ago

http://soundcloud.com/diskrete/untitled-97

Skidflow: this beat is like minimalistic hip hop, sounds like something tyler the creator would be on – some mental institution type stuff, sounds clean, different, has a loose feeling, can hear this in a video game – nice

Wrightboy: also sounds like something tyler the creator would be on or hopsin, feels like im potentially about to get shanked in a graveyard in the middle of nowhere with no one around, i would turn the kick drums down just a little, they hit hard and sound clean, but maybe just a little too loud, other than that, (and ‘that’ isn’t even bad) good mix and nice track overall

Static: definitely a fan of your music man, I listen to freshman 15 quite often, 99 is pretty much a banger, fits as an r&b or hip hop track, love the mood and the instruments used, and the hihat delay and panning, mix is on point, crisp, definitely feelin this

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
'preciate the feedback. maybe i need to find out how i can get in touch with tyler or hopsin.

@static - 6 - feeling the track, not really feeling the snare though. i think i was expecting that 808 snare with some snap to it. still a nice track though. 99_2 - this is tight. i love that intro, and panning adds some flavor. nice work on both.

damn, almost forgot about diskrete - nice work. i'm feeling the piano (i'm partial to pianos). i do think that they need to be turned down just a tad. i say that because i'm constantly fighting the same thing with my tracks. i feel that i always have the piano up too loud. maybe it's just me. tight work nonetheless.

static

static yessir
ill o.g.
@dirskrete - 97 these keys are dope AF yo, reminds me of some neptune stuff meaning it could be hip hop - rap or rnb. when the strings come in i like the feel even more . this to me is a def moving dance wise track - preciate what you said about the freshman 15 bro thanks !

edit: i actually listened to this from start to finish like monitors on high output and monitor mix lol.

SKIDSFLOW

"shottie to ya body"

I will give the same advise that I got once , but I dismissed it as hate.... Put in more time on your drums, sounds, sound selection and overall quality.

I wasted a couple years thinking my music was the best thing since slice bread instead of realizing my beats sounded like crap!

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
@ HotBeats4Less

Although all feedback is appreciated I would like to take the time to tell you that the intent of the song was being accomplished, it is not supposed to be like Empire State of Mind. It make me feel real good inside to know that something composed is a poorly programmed piano riff, I agree the velocity is a bit too high, and I should have taken the time to adequately mix the track instead of just throwing it together. Although you don’t know, telling me to listen to another track to notice how some other beatmaker does simple velocity and timing variations makes it seem to me like I didn’t learn anything the 5 years I played the violin in orchestra, and I haven’t been making beats for over a decade. Don't take this as a diss or think that I did, because I didn't, it's
all constructive criticism.

Now as for your beat: free beat 03, it could be me (or the fact that I'm using some M-Audio BX5's instead of my home studio setup) but it sounds like there is a bit much compression on this, and sounds like the compressor was thrown on the main mixer for the whole track, which definitely makes the track limit in places it shouldn’t like when the kicks drop. The instrument selection is cool but the stereo separation is lacking, it feels as if this track can’t breathe. You have too many hihats and crashes panned to the right.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
SKIDSFLOW

"shottie to ya body"

I will give the same advise that I got once , but I dismissed it as hate.... Put in more time on your drums, sounds, sound selection and overall quality.

I wasted a couple years thinking my music was the best thing since slice bread instead of realizing my beats sounded like crap!
I hear ya talkin newb...I admit I'm a Lil rusty...but don't test me ( in my Jamaican voice) because on any given Sunday I'll whip up something that will really put you on your hater game. Stay up and relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online