Showcase - May 8-14, 2017 - Post your beats here!

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
hey...havent been this early in a showcase in a long time...

@Marc Duncan listening to the uzi vert type beat...is this a sample your using? seems to me like it is...if not its cool, i like the sounds u used and the effects transition in and out very smoothly and appropriatley...not a big fan of the direction you took the drums in...i get it if u were aiming this to be like a lil uzi vert joint...but i dont like his music not even some of the beats he on so this dont entertain me at all sorry...i will say this though, your song structure skills are on point, i knew when it was the hook and when it was the verses, nice clear direction in that sense

listening to the yachty beat...dam where do i recognize that melody from? i like this already...not a yachty fan but i do like this beat its catchy and the drums are way more my kind of style than that uzi joint...ok not much changes to the melody except for when u add that harp or w/e it is...i still like this joint even though its a yachty type beat...this atleast kept me interested with the few change ups in this beat...

check out my new beat YEA I KNOW...

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122

@Marc Duncan listening to the uzi vert type beat...is this a sample your using? seems to me like it is...if not its cool, i like the sounds u used and the effects transition in and out very smoothly and appropriatley...not a big fan of the direction you took the drums in...i get it if u were aiming this to be like a lil uzi vert joint...but i dont like his music not even some of the beats he on so this dont entertain me at all sorry...i will say this though, your song structure skills are on point, i knew when it was the hook and when it was the verses, nice clear direction in that sense

listening to the yachty beat...dam where do i recognize that melody from? i like this already...not a yachty fan but i do like this beat its catchy and the drums are way more my kind of style than that uzi joint...ok not much changes to the melody except for when u add that harp or w/e it is...i still like this joint even though its a yachty type beat...this atleast kept me interested with the few change ups in this beat...

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

Those drums are CRISP bro!!!!! Props!!!! @dBtheProducer

Ares

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>[/QUOTE]
Love th

Love the piano really sets vibe got me feeling like i'm in a dope action movie.

SonicMajor

First post.
Newbie producer here, just recently stepped into the producing arena about 5 months ago. Thought I'd share one of my first beats. Otis Redding sample flip:

EDIT: Since the Soundcloud link won't work, here's the beat on Instagram:

DonPedro

Battle Points: 32
@Marc Duncan
First Beat has a very low bass, difficult to hear even on headphones, maybe a bit of distortion on the bass can help.
Main melody sounds too repetitive for me. Good idea with the filter at 1:08, a bit quicker filter automation would maybe increase the impact of the part after.

Nice bass sound on the second beat. I lost my inner rhythm feel due to the structure while hearing, at first i i thought it isnt maybe in 4/4, but it´s nice!
The reverb is obviously a main element, try others reverbs! Less is more and automatically the beat would come foreward.

@dBtheProducer
I like solo instrument intros and then dropping the beat! Nice high piano tones "hugs" the other elements. Open HiHat fits!

@EsquireMusic111
Nice lowend and atmospheric feel. During the "underwater" part something is heavily distorting. Maybe is because of the resonance of the filter.

@DEEZ BEATZ
Uhhh, i love Sidechain pumping. But your track is very quiet, could be at least 8dB louder. The parts played in reverse cause phase cancellation, maybe check your stereo image on that!

@Ares
You posted your beat at 8:08, what coincidence :D...like that production. I have to say i mostly give feedback only on the mixing aspects, thats sound good here!

@SonicMajor
That´s the style i love, boombap with fresh funky samples. Content wise my favorite here! Make those drums as fat as possible ;)

Here is my beat:

chronic

Battle Points: 1
I made this Nav type beat. Can you all give me some feed back please?

@freehand sounds a lot like a mix of old hiphop and some edm qualities. The only thing I would say is that the beat changed up to drastically. The change didn't flow (if you get what I'm saying) Other than that its good.

freehand

FREEHAND STYLES
I made this Nav type beat. Can you all give me some feed back please?

@freehand sounds a lot like a mix of old hiphop and some edm qualities. The only thing I would say is that the beat changed up to drastically. The change didn't flow (if you get what I'm saying) Other than that its good.

thanks for the tip i will work on that.

@Marc Duncan
First Beat has a very low bass, difficult to hear even on headphones, maybe a bit of distortion on the bass can help.
Main melody sounds too repetitive for me. Good idea with the filter at 1:08, a bit quicker filter automation would maybe increase the impact of the part after.

Nice bass sound on the second beat. I lost my inner rhythm feel due to the structure while hearing, at first i i thought it isnt maybe in 4/4, but it´s nice!
The reverb is obviously a main element, try others reverbs! Less is more and automatically the beat would come foreward.

@dBtheProducer
I like solo instrument intros and then dropping the beat! Nice high piano tones "hugs" the other elements. Open HiHat fits!

@EsquireMusic111
Nice lowend and atmospheric feel. During the "underwater" part something is heavily distorting. Maybe is because of the resonance of the filter.

@DEEZ BEATZ
Uhhh, i love Sidechain pumping. But your track is very quiet, could be at least 8dB louder. The parts played in reverse cause phase cancellation, maybe check your stereo image on that!

@Ares
You posted your beat at 8:08, what coincidence :D...like that production. I have to say i mostly give feedback only on the mixing aspects, thats sound good here!

@SonicMajor
That´s the style i love, boombap with fresh funky samples. Content wise my favorite here! Make those drums as fat as possible ;)

Here is my beat:
@Marc Duncan

@dBtheProducer

@EsquireMusic111

@DEEZ BEATZ

@Ares

@SonicMajor

Here is my beat:
@DonPedro, thanks for the feedback bruh....like that funky beat and piano licks...but it's missing something can't quite figure it out...overall not bad at all..great work

Status
Not open for further replies.