Showcase - November 12-14, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
sounds like you already know what you're doing. improve on sound quality, dig for original samples instead of mashing up other people's music with beat matching and effects, and see if you can get similar sounding results. that mash up stuff will teach you about song structures btw, so that's no bad thing at all. djing and producing go hand in hand.

Jonny J

Sample everything
Battle Points: 35
KqD Waterfalls good stuff. Like Mono says you can give some extra's to it, like extra melody. To make a track not boring you can use stuff from House/Dance genre ( vengeance kits ). A lot of uplifts, downlifts, impacts and effect kicks for the drops. For fx you can use classic ones, otherwise you get David Guetta stuff thats what you dont want ( results earbleeding ). I use sometimes Effectrix vst for those fx's. Like Mono said master it ( especially your drums & bass ) then you get quality beats :D ps: use for mastering Izotope Ozone & Trash, FabFilter Pro & Uhbik ) Good luck with it !

Okey my turn I need some tips & tops for this beat. It's like something is missing :(

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Kqdavis: Waterfalls is solid. Very smooth. I think it sounds great, the only thing missing would be a nice bass line, or even the Piano with a low pass filter. P.S. You can embed the Soundcloud player right into your post.

ItewNako: Nice synth at the beginning. Mixing is great overall. I like everything but the changeup at the 2 minute mark, it doesn't fit well to me. The breakdown after that is great. I would love to hear some snares too because the melody is really dope.

Kqdavis

I appreciate all of the feedback guys. I am a college student with limited funds. All I am using as of now is Logic 9. I will definitely look into some software. This is probably the wrong place for this, but could anyone point me in the right direction for mixing/mastering to get that really professional dynamic sound?

ItewNako: I'm with Fade on this one. I'm digging the ambient feel of this. The heavy bass really makes this thing go, so to speak. However, the change-up you do around 2:00 seems a little out of place. I would consider revising it to fit the melody you created at the beginning a little better. But overall great work!

Here is another beat. It's only 1 verse, but check it out

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.

Jonny J

Sample everything
Battle Points: 35
Yeeh indeed it sounds awkward at the first bridge :p I will try to change it and add more snares.
@ KqD you can read some eBooks about mastering & sound engineering. For software just use free Vst's for mastering ( torrents for good ones *nobody saw this one :p*). Your new beat sounds awesome :eek: Im looking forward for the finished product :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online