Showcase - November 18-24, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
@Butterfly Beatz "DJ WTF"- sounds dope, i didnt like the mix too much coulda been way fatter in my opinion but i get the rhythm and what you were going for a nice spooky type melody with some southern style drums lol sounded that way to me anyways. keep doing ur thang...

my beat is just me playin with some loops im sure ull recognize the sample but i wasnt tryna chop like crazy, just making some smooth easy listening joint for myself the otherday..

Battle Points: 1
thank you for your opinion ! :)

i really like ur beat, but i think it would be greater if u would set the bass in mono! :D
its pretty unusual to stereosize or to pan it anyway.
i wonder how it sounds out of a soundsystem .. did u test it?

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
@ butterfly beatz nah i didnt test it i just had some earbuds and like 30 mins on fl studios before i went to bed last night lol, now im at work with my real headphones and yeah i noticed its more on the left side then the right (when the lows come in) lol but i think once my emcee raps on it ill balance it out by panning his voice or his adlibs a lil to the right, i know its not orthodox lol but hey it might work lol, i dont know much about mixing anyways i just try to get things to sound good without sounding too stacked up ontop of each other, hardly have time to learn now, thanks for the feedback btw i appreciate it for sure.

well you used samples right? so i guess the bass is involved in that sample panning you did .. the bass does change from the left to the right. I could give u an advice especially for fl studio, if u wanted to set the bass in mono but leaving your left / right adjusted sample panning. ( i think that would be easier for your recordings! :D )

you could use the effekt plug maximus ( you should have it from fl 10 on ) to do that.
just put it on the master track.
At first you should use the preset "default" to get no compression on it.
then you choose the low band und adjust the stereo seperation option completly to the left and all low frequenzes will be send in mono.

its pretty useful espcially for such sampling projects.

I hope u can undestand me .. im from germany so my english isnt that good :D#

Greez! :)

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
@Butterfly Beatz, lol i have a hacked version of fl studios 7 it doesnt have maximus or hardly any plug-ins, i can just pan it over to the right easily, the sample was all the way to the left even more then what it is already i did move it over, but i have 2 loops from the sample one has different EQing very little low and no violins which is more to the right, the other has the lows and violins they switch in and out and layer each other at times, if i change the panning to them seprate, when they are layerd on each other they will build up and sound real bad, i made this beat really just before i went to bed i didnt really do much to anything i mean i EQ'd everything a little, im probably just going to lowpass the loop that has the bass, chop it up, balance it, then make a completely different bassline, hipass all the other samples then the bass should stay the same throughout the whole beat if i use my chopped up lowpassed bass notes. i appreciate the help and concern homie.......... oh how i miss having maximus when i had the demo for FL 9 lol. i usually make beats on my mpc2000xl nowdays though fl is just fun for playing around making quick stuff like this that i usually just record all the pieces into my mpc then remake the beat, since i dont have 8-outs or a mixer, i cant mix after i make a beat in the mpc unless i wana spend an hour tracking out each track one by one into my recording program then try and mix it, so simple stuff out of FL with loops is always fun when i dont wana spend forever on something lol

Last edited:

HzBeast BLG

I see there is a lot of stuff going on up in da place yo!
I was browsing youtube last time searching for some music and I found this old RnB song which is what I dont usually like but it was catchy and when I woke up next day it was stucked in my head so I made quite unusual beat comparing to what I do usually but dis goin hard!

@JustRipe yeah that sounds really dope! you also fixed that bass problem great .. sometimes it stills being to much on the left, but thats nothing to worry about. Great work!

@HzBeast BLG you are right when you say that your beat is a kind of unusual, but i like it so far.
i like that brass playin ( trumpets i guess?) .. the only thing is that ocarina / pan flute sound .. i dont know really why but i can get with it.

Greez! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online