Showcase - November 3-9, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubbs66

This one's just a cheeky remix of Billie Jean by MJ I put together to play out. I basically kept the structure the same except for extending the intro & outro. I got it all in time as best I could, and found a midi file for the bassline, drums, strings, etc to beef it up to current EDM standards. It's still a work in progress, and I'm probably going to make a more minimal mix, removing and re-structuring some of the original sample.

Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

Some feedback on a track I posted at the end of the last showcase would also be appreciated. I won't break the rules and post it here but it's at the top of my main soundcloud page if anyone would like to indulge me.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
This is interesting, your bassline in the intro needs some more modulation, automate a filter or something. Also I feel like it takes too long to get to the meat of the track. Maybe less filler. IDK. I would also work to make the changes more interesting with maybe a riser or two. Hard to say. But well done for trying to tackle a classic like this. It is always tough to remix something that is in everyone's collective subconscious, 10 points for having the balls!

Ok guys here is a top secret track from a album that the theme is time travel, where an emcee an I travel in time and have to gig in the period. Here we are stuck in the south doing a delta blues thing. This track is hidden on soundcloud. Let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/drunk-pedestrians/delta-1/s-78jbR

Chubbs66

the dream police - nice clean production, although i reckon the guitar and harmonica could use a little analogue warmth for old school feel of the hard panning, which is a nice touch. catchy tune!

i see what you mean about the slow intro. i lengthened it a bit to make it easier to mix but it does need some more going on to stand as an individual track. in terms of structure, other than the intro i've left the structure of the original, but am planning to make a more minimal dub.

louieherer - try reviewing the other tracks in the thread then post up a single track if you want some feedback.

Pouncey

EDM/Trap Producer
This one's just a cheeky remix of Billie Jean by MJ I put together to play out. I basically kept the structure the same except for extending the intro & outro. I got it all in time as best I could, and found a midi file for the bassline, drums, strings, etc to beef it up to current EDM standards. It's still a work in progress, and I'm probably going to make a more minimal mix, removing and re-structuring some of the original sample.

Any feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

Some feedback on a track I posted at the end of the last showcase would also be appreciated. I won't break the rules and post it here but it's at the top of my main soundcloud page if anyone would like to indulge me.

It's Pretty smooth when you get into it! The thing I would say could be better was the bassline in the intro, it felt a little bland until everything started coming together. Overall I love it. Great job!

Okay here's my track. I thought I might mix my style up and make a Drum & Bass + EDM Trap hybrid today, so I did. Started it this morning, And I actually had a lot more fun then anticipated, mainly cause I'm a Trap guy, I never listen to DnB. This is my longest track yet, at 6+ Minutes. What do you guys think?

Beyond

Cybeatz

Working mainly in the urban genres; Trap, Hip-hop, urban pop and R&B. One of my latest projects...#feedback appreciated.

Cybeatz

It's Pretty smooth when you get into it! The thing I would say could be better was the bassline in the intro, it felt a little bland until everything started coming together. Overall I love it. Great job!

Okay here's my track. I thought I might mix my style up and make a Drum & Bass + EDM Trap hybrid today, so I did. Started it this morning, And I actually had a lot more fun then anticipated, mainly cause I'm a Trap guy, I never listen to DnB. This is my longest track yet, at 6+ Minutes. What do you guys think?

Beyond

I'm not really familiar with the EDM genre but I found this track very engaging throughout. Rather long at 6+ minutes but keeps you engaged with all the ear candy and endless supply of new elements. I can definitely vibe with this!

Kevlar070

Battle Points: 5
@Pouncey I like de switch ups n changes to de end of de beat.
@Cybeatz Good execution of a typical nowadays trap beat wid som creativity wid de sound effects.
@thedreampolice I respect de concept but I think de outcome was not that great, its a bit off timing for me. It sound like some fun amusement park stuff though.
@Chubbs66 I dont understand ur beat(first beat on ur soundcloud) but I dig u being creative. U sound like u had fun.

Here's my beat I would like som feedback on. I made dis beat jus bein creative n tryin 2 use stuff dat dont really go into modern day trap shit.

Chubbs66

pouncey - pretty epic, builds up nicely. i reckon i'd have used a fatter sound for that melody that starts it off and modulated it a bit. the kick and bassline are basically all low end which doesn't translate well to smaller systems (not necessarily a bad thing). over all has plenty of potential but i reckon some of the sounds need beefing up a bit.

cybeatz - big tune. nice use of sound effects for percussion, i like that.

kevlar - nice over all sound, plenty of potential there. i know it's only a 1.5 minute work in progress but that string loop does get old about half way through. i guess you don't need to understand my beat, just trying to do something different. it's kind of inspired by that era of instrumental hiphop that was on the verge of becomming glitch, ala prefuse 73, but maybe i went a bit hard on the filter (fabfilter volcano with a midi trigger - very powerful but it's easy to go overboard!).

Status
Not open for further replies.