Showcase - October 10-16, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@DamskiDam Dam: All around great beat. Great sound selection and I like the bassy sound of the kick. Structure of the beat is also interesting, along with the sound effects.

@Bruferr Beatz : I like the syncopation in the drum part and the variety of timbres in the keyboard instruments. That was also a nice use of the filter effect.

Here is mine

Nothing here yet.

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@DamskiDam I dig this all elements work well and I really like the vocal snip u put n there. Nice beat.

@Bruferr Beatz Nice beat. Dark vibes. 808 is pretty heavy tho. Overall good work.

@Chad I really like the sample. Its a little to choppy tho and I dont care for the drum. To spazzy for me. Just my opinion tho.

Heres one I been working on. Think I finally got the mix how I want it. Let me know if y'all hear something I dont.

Nothing here yet.

Chad

Battle Points: 8
@NONONSENSEBEATS : I like the how you used the sample as the intro to the main structure of the beat. Dropping out the sample also added interest. I thought the bass you added -if you in fact added a bass- could have had a fatter timbre. Overall, it was dope though.

DonPedro

Battle Points: 32
Hello guys! Im new to this forum, so here we go :D
@Chad Very busy drums and percussion there, wow
@NONONSENSEBEATS I like your choice of sample....nice overall mix!
But there is a lot going on on the left channel, try placing at least the kick in the middle of the mix. Your output can be louder, your peaking at around -4db. The music player on this page i capable to play the music in the original volume.

Here is a beat i recently made:

Last edited:

D-Mos

DamskiDam - This Beat is some dark stuff, love it when the vocal sample comes in. I like the orchestration. Very Cinematic.

Bruferr Beats - This beat creeps on you. Nice use of filters and buildups.

Chad - This is some classic sample glitch style beat. I like the cleanest of the sounds. I think tho, as much as I like the drums glitchy, a bit less glitch maybe….my 2 cents tho.

NoNonsenseBeats - This soul sample is great! I’m thinking that maybe you could get a bit busier in the drums, Not really a fan of the Bass sound you have. I like the break down at the end the beat.

DonPedro - as soon as I hear sampled Jazz piano my ears perk up. THAT Upright bass tho!!!! man…….great stuff. Really like the overall feel of this beat. Although maybe its a bit too repetitive, some filter sweeps of occasionally dropping ( or muting ) parts of the drums might give it a bit more breath and space.

I have two beats......I've been trying to only sample my self lately and use very little samples. 1st everything is me except the string and hit sample. 2nd beat everything is me except the sample at the last 3/4ths of the beat.....also been having a tendency to get a bit more lofi lately......not really sure how it's working out tho.....lol.

Skemez.518

Beatmaker
@DamskiDam liking that slow groove. is that a toy piano? nice melody. and also like how the vocal comes into play. alot goin on but i feel it fits well together. nice joint
@Bruferr Beatz nice work. like the piano. drums are nice
@Chad not really my type of thing bro. feels off beat to me. alot goin on
@NONONSENSEBEATS intro sample is dope bro. nice break down too. like how it came together
@DonPedro i hear where it's going. drums is eq'ed up nice. didn't really think the slide of the bass blended well when played over the piano notes it was on top of. jazzy feel tho

OK Fellas. Been having some comp troubles lately so ain't been able to drop much. But here's something i just finished up from sample flip page. Tell me what you think. All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

D-Mos

@DamskiDam liking that slow groove. is that a toy piano? nice melody. and also like how the vocal comes into play. alot goin on but i feel it fits well together. nice joint
@Bruferr Beatz nice work. like the piano. drums are nice
@Chad not really my type of thing bro. feels off beat to me. alot goin on
@NONONSENSEBEATS intro sample is dope bro. nice break down too. like how it came together
@DonPedro i hear where it's going. drums is eq'ed up nice. didn't really think the slide of the bass blended well when played over the piano notes it was on top of. jazzy feel tho

OK Fellas. Been having some comp troubles lately so ain't been able to drop much. But here's something i just finished up from sample flip page. Tell me what you think. All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Skemez518 - That sample is amazing. When you bring in the drums the loudest thing is your gun shot sample. Your chops are on point. And the last half of the beat could be a beat in itself. But you really need to bring all the drums up a good amount.

DamskiDam

@Bruferr Beatz : Good work. sounds kinda x-files :) but thats why I like it.

@Chad : Sampling is good but I think the drum is too crazy. At 1:59-2:04 when the drum is "normal" it sounds really good.

@NONONSENSEBEATS : Very good work. Sampling is something that I never have and never will try. Sampling means hero or zero.
And this track sir is hero!

@DonPedro The bass is awesome. very cool beat. But you should vary the beat. Its getting boring after 1 minute and this track dont deserve it because its a very good one!!

@D-Mos Grime-AF: Sounds very special to me. The atmosphere is great! Drums are cool. Maybe the flute... but I'm not a big fan of flutes maybe thats the problem. Overall great track!!

Rust: very cool one, nice guitar cool effects. Nice chorus. would love to hear eminem on this

@Skemez.518 choping is dope-respect. make the drums louder then the beat is dope too.

Skemez.518

Beatmaker
@Bruferr Beatz : Good work. sounds kinda x-files :) but thats why I like it.

@Chad : Sampling is good but I think the drum is too crazy. At 1:59-2:04 when the drum is "normal" it sounds really good.

@NONONSENSEBEATS : Very good work. Sampling is something that I never have and never will try. Sampling means hero or zero.
And this track sir is hero!

@DonPedro The bass is awesome. very cool beat. But you should vary the beat. Its getting boring after 1 minute and this track dont deserve it because its a very good one!!

@D-Mos Grime-AF: Sounds very special to me. The atmosphere is great! Drums are cool. Maybe the flute... but I'm not a big fan of flutes maybe thats the problem. Overall great track!!

Rust: very cool one, nice guitar cool effects. Nice chorus. would love to hear eminem on this

@Skemez.518 choping is dope-respect. make the drums louder then the beat is dope too.

@DamskiDam thanks bro. you're right about the drums.

Skemez.518

Beatmaker
Skemez518 - That sample is amazing. When you bring in the drums the loudest thing is your gun shot sample. Your chops are on point. And the last half of the beat could be a beat in itself. But you really need to bring all the drums up a good amount.

@D-Mos thanks bro. you're right about the drums. forgot to layer with a diff kick after adding filters to the sample chops.

Dan Miles

@NONONSENSEBEATS sounds good to me bro really smooth beat, the guitars sound great!

@D-Mos both beats sound nice especiall the grime af one, both have great sounding drums really hard hitting!

My beat this week is inspired by Kanye Wests soulful sampling, let me know what you think!

D-Mos

@NONONSENSEBEATS sounds good to me bro really smooth beat, the guitars sound great!

@D-Mos both beats sound nice especiall the grime af one, both have great sounding drums really hard hitting!

My beat this week is inspired by Kanye Wests soulful sampling, let me know what you think!

Man! this is that classic Kayne Sound!! Love it! That last 3/4ths of the beat kills! Respect!

maurauder

Just finished this beat any feedback appreciated would love to find an mc to complete this track

Only sample is KRS One vocal. The rest is played by myself.

NONONSENSEBEATS

NononsenseBeats
Battle Points: 237
@DonPedro nice beat bro. The sample is dope.

@D-Mos that "Grime AF" beat is fresh. Nice work on that. "Rust" is dope too. Not really feelin all the stutters and shit but not bad at all.

@Skemez.518 this beats dope. Just them drums way too low. Fresh ass sample!

@Dan Miles I dig it bro. Smooth sample. Drums are nice. Good work.

@alex g this beat could be alright but man that mix is rough homie. I'd probably just drop that loud ass tone you brought in. It dont match the rest of the beat imo.

@maurauder I like this beat bro. That main tone by itself is a lil rough on the ears. It dont sound bad with everything else tho. Overall nice beat. Good work

@D.W.B. I think this is super smooth...its just so low tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.