Showcase - October 21-27, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
Matt-D..."Love vision" is smooth...I like the drums and the chops...make a formatted song form and you good to go. "At Midnight" is ok...Im really not feeling the track overall...it seems like "a lot going on" in some parts but the levels and mix is decent.

I have a beat where I was inspired by Memento and 2 G...Its not trap...but an attempt to step outta my zone.
Nothing here yet.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@skidflow nice touch man!! I love the horns a lot. Some will probably say it's too straightforward or repetitive, but I like repetitive because personally I think it makes for better songs and keeps you in the zone. Yeah with that "At Midnight" beat thanks for the feedback I was sort of thinking that but I left it be lol I actually used that for a remix but I don't want to rely on someone elses song all the time, which no one should do IMO I want my beats to stand on their own with or without vocals that's the goal.

@Matt-D - At Midnight. Really nice composition, my only real critique is that I was disappointed when I heard the snare. The mix is pretty decent, except for the snare and its slightly muddy overall. Theres like a clicky shaker sound thats pretty high in the mix, its a really good sound, but lower that a little and bring up the snare. Just my opinion.

@skidflow these hi hats add that something that stops it being robotic, like I mentioned with a previous track. They seems to be mixed into a better position. The mix sounds really nice, its just the beat sounds very minimalistic, personally I think it could use some more instrumentation, but then Im prone to go overboard.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
@skidflow nice touch man!! I love the horns a lot. Some will probably say it's too straightforward or repetitive, but I like repetitive because personally I think it makes for better songs and keeps you in the zone. Yeah with that "At Midnight" beat thanks for the feedback I was sort of thinking that but I left it be lol I actually used that for a remix but I don't want to rely on someone elses song all the time, which no one should do IMO I want my beats to stand on their own with or without vocals that's the goal.
Thanks Bro...I really should have put more time in song format. Your beats are really dope though. Keep banging um.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
@Matt-D - At Midnight. Really nice composition, my only real critique is that I was disappointed when I heard the snare. The mix is pretty decent, except for the snare and its slightly muddy overall. Theres like a clicky shaker sound thats pretty high in the mix, its a really good sound, but lower that a little and bring up the snare. Just my opinion.

@skidflow these hi hats add that something that stops it being robotic, like I mentioned with a previous track. They seems to be mixed into a better position. The mix sounds really nice, its just the beat sounds very minimalistic, personally I think it could use some more instrumentation, but then Im prone to go overboard.
Thanks Bro...Ill try and put more time in developing it more.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Matt-D I got nothing to say but I love both tracks. Fantastic stuff!

Skid-Flow, this feels very incomplete and there is not verse chorus structure. I would keep building this one.

2good, I like it but there is just not enough changes. If this is for a rapper you could build some song structure. If it is for an instrumental it just needs a bit more.

Tripple Eight, I like this a LOT! The only thing that seems weird to me (and this may be subjective) is the kick drum is a pretty analog synth style kick. Maybe a 909 kick? This song feels like it needs a sampled acoustic dum kick. But that could be just me. Nice work on this.

And my contribution is a track from the next Drunk Pedestirans album that I just got back from mastering yesterday. Let me know what you think.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@thedreampolice this is a high quality track, good lyrics and great flow. As for the beat I especially love the bass the sample gives off, the organ, and those hats you used really give it that extra something. Great production!

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Matt-D I got nothing to say but I love both tracks. Fantastic stuff!

Skid-Flow, this feels very incomplete and there is not verse chorus structure. I would keep building this one.

2good, I like it but there is just not enough changes. If this is for a rapper you could build some song structure. If it is for an instrumental it just needs a bit more.

Tripple Eight, I like this a LOT! The only thing that seems weird to me (and this may be subjective) is the kick drum is a pretty analog synth style kick. Maybe a 909 kick? This song feels like it needs a sampled acoustic dum kick. But that could be just me. Nice work on this.

And my contribution is a track from the next Drunk Pedestirans album that I just got back from mastering yesterday. Let me know what you think.

Dreampolice....I like the track a lot overall. nice mix...I just wish the kick had more beef to it. good work. Thanks for the feedback on my work...and I agree.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
@thedreampolice this is a high quality track, good lyrics and great flow. As for the beat I especially love the bass the sample gives off, the organ, and those hats you used really give it that extra something. Great production!
Thanks man, top secret I actually played all those things. Thats me on bass! :)

@thedreampolice I like this, the mix is nice, my only personal gripes would be that in some parts the vocal seems a bit back in the mix. Also I think the kick and snare could be a little louder. I wouldnt mind working with you one day. That noise panned left is a nice touch. I like the panning from left to right on the piano. I think if you took a little of the fullness from the organ it would give a little more headroom for the kick and vocal. But hey, its mastered now hahaha.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
Inspect-her gadget. This is my new channel.
So it's 6:00 am and i've been at it all day, all night.
Have made my first real remix and it's mixed only on headphones so don't know if something is off..
Gonna get some sleep and then i'll make sure to repay the feedback when i wake up sometime later.
Peace!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.