Showcase - October 21-27, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiobellum

Beatmaker
Matt-D I got nothing to say but I love both tracks. Fantastic stuff!

Skid-Flow, this feels very incomplete and there is not verse chorus structure. I would keep building this one.

2good, I like it but there is just not enough changes. If this is for a rapper you could build some song structure. If it is for an instrumental it just needs a bit more.

Tripple Eight, I like this a LOT! The only thing that seems weird to me (and this may be subjective) is the kick drum is a pretty analog synth style kick. Maybe a 909 kick? This song feels like it needs a sampled acoustic dum kick. But that could be just me. Nice work on this.

And my contribution is a track from the next Drunk Pedestirans album that I just got back from mastering yesterday. Let me know what you think.

Man, I really don't know who to give feedback to. Most people in the showcase has given each other some valuable feedback and I don't know what I can add to this conversation besides stating that I agree the feedback that is being exchanged between you and the other members. I'm not good at mixing or mastering but, I think you've generally done a good here.
Anyway last time I was at this showcase, I post a link to a poorly mixed instrumental. I'm going to make up for that today with a better sounding ones. It's obviously that The City improvement but,can anyone give me feedback where the mixing and mastering is concerned? I also thing Haunting is an improvement but, I wish I was able to mix the piano better.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
@Matt-D The first one is really dope! Like how you matched the sample to the drums! The second one has a little to much goping on for my autistic mind lol

@skidflow Its a nice beat, no questions there. Reminds me of the type of beats of of my mate makes from time to time. That low key minimalistic type of feel. Without being weak! Leaves alot of space for the rapper which i think can be very good in the right hands.

@2GooD Productions Are you french? I get that french vibe from many of your tracks plus some of their names to.
I like both beats. Shook two's - Great remake, those 808's are BANGING!! Meditation beat i could spit some ill shit to if you first gave me a couple of oxycontin pills. Dope for sure!

@TRIPLE EIGHT That shit is dope!!! Has nothing else to say...

Here is the beat from the remix i previous posted...
If anyone has something to say about either, good or bad, i would appreciate it.

Vossi Beats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 238
@Digitali Musix The first one one of the synths is maybe a little to loud. The one in the background But it's not devastating. How about adding a snare? Depending on what type of beat you want to make, I think you got the basics in order to make it a dope ass beat for sure!!! Haunting i think maybe you need to rearrange some of the notes? I'm not sure but sounds like some of them are out of tune with each other. Dunno. My advice is that if you are a totally new at this, start out learning the basics about music theory like chord progressions, scales, intonation, different rhythm types etc. That shit helped me a lot when i was just starting out. Takes some time, but is worth it without a doubt!!

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 214
@Matt-D The first one is really dope! Like how you matched the sample to the drums! The second one has a little to much goping on for my autistic mind lol

@skidflow Its a nice beat, no questions there. Reminds me of the type of beats of of my mate makes from time to time. That low key minimalistic type of feel. Without being weak! Leaves alot of space for the rapper which i think can be very good in the right hands.

@2GooD Productions Are you french? I get that french vibe from many of your tracks plus some of their names to.
I like both beats. Shook two's - Great remake, those 808's are BANGING!! Meditation beat i could spit some ill shit to if you first gave me a couple of oxycontin pills. Dope for sure!

@TRIPLE EIGHT That shit is dope!!! Has nothing else to say...

Here is the beat from the remix i previous posted...
If anyone has something to say about either, good or bad, i would appreciate it.

Vossi Beats- this is a very dope joint...no complaints. Keep banging out.

TRIPLE EIGHT

King W
Battle Points: 5
@Matt-D I liked both of the track. I liked the first one better since I'm a sampling addict. I thought you could have flipped it better, I did not like some of the chops even tho it was a nice listen. The second beat started kinda weird but the song was nice in the end, kinda hypnotizing. Good work man.

@skidflow Yeah the beat is a lil stiff you are right about that, I'll take care of it since I'd like a rapper on it and not just a remix.
Your beat is really good, I was just waiting for a bass that never came lol

@thedreampolice Glad you liked it man! And your comment on the kick is true. I'll fix it with something more acoustic.
I listened to your track and It's a good track just not the flavor that I like. It has a rock-ish type of sound that I personally don't really enjoy. I'm talking about the melody. Now the rapping was good, the message too and the production was flawless. I'll look into your soundcloud to listen to more.

@2GooD Productions This is nice! I think I know where the sample comes from lol Just thesnare sounded a lil too dry. Other than that nice layering. I just would have liked a change-up in the melody with the samples. I like changes-up lol

@Vossi Beats Heyy! Thanks bro! In fact your beat is really dope too lol I hope i'll be able to make my beats sound has good as yours soon lol nothing to say about the beat. The remix, on the other hand, has a slight issue I think. The snare does not fall at the right place for the acapella. I least that's what I'm sensing

@Digitali Musix I feel like you don't have the basics down yet. I don't know what genre you are trying to aim for. You have inspiration and your melodies are nice but I think you need to aim for a specific genre. If you are into making instrumentals like that check out " Busy Works Beats " channel on youtube. I think you will get a lot of good knowledge from him.

Last edited:

TRIPLE EIGHT

King W
Battle Points: 5

Made a remix with the flip of the week(?) from the flippage forum section. Its Trap Anthem remix, I wasn't going to share it here, but not everybody is interested in sampling so I'll just share it here also. It's mixed horribly but It's a fun listen I think lol I'm also working on a Wu Tang Clan remix that I'll post tomorrow hopefully.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@TRIPLE EIGHT I like the beat on the second remix, but the thing with both is the way the it's mixed (mainly the vocals) it would go better if it had more clarity, it sounds muffled. The first wasn't bad either but the beat IMO doesn't match the vocals.
@Vossi Beats That is a banger! No feedback is needed IMO.
@Digitali Musix you are headed in the right direction, the main thing that needs work is the drum pattern on the second beat needs to be changed and the drums on both should stand out more in the mix. First beat was better I think if you work on it some more it could sound a whole lot better because the melody is not bad, but mainly work on mixing and matching the drums with the melody and you will improve a lot. Keep em coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.