Showcase - October 27 - November 2, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pouncey

EDM/Trap Producer
Made two tracks in one day, Any critique is welcome.

Time Travel

Angel

Erik

Battle Points: 8
Made two tracks in one day, Any critique is welcome.

Time Travel

Angel

The low end on Time Travel is great. I feel like the bass on Angel could be a bit lower (not as low as time travel. Both beats have a good structure to them.

Here's an early cut on a beat that I'm making. I have some ideas for more sounds, cuts, vocal samples, etc... Trying to go for something that has a live feel, but is obviously a studio production.

Chubbs66

pouncey - nice clean production, impressive for a day's work. i'd like to hear them with vocals.

i like the direction time travel takes half way through, nice.

angel has some lush sounds but it feels like there's something missing. i'd make the main meoldic synth thaty comes in about 1.05 a bit shorther & sharper personally - needs some more contrast. i reckon it'd gell a bit better if the lead synths (there seems to be a few of them) were used a bit more subtly and maybe grouped together and treated with some envelope triggered band pass filter(something like that, fabfilter volcano is perfect for that sort of thing - set the mix to about 20% and it can make the different elements work as a team) - just an idea.

erik - definitely some potential there. the loop[ works for about 16 bars then needs a change imo. i like the way it fades out a bit before it cuts out for a bit.

phl - i always apreciate the old vinyl sound and that classic organ. nice old school vibe. nice so far!

here's what i've been working on (and off) for a couple of weeks.
Another hiphop(ish) beat based on a sample from an Otis Redding track - Your one And Only Man -sliced, twisted and mangled beyond recognition.

Stussy

Pouncey- The low end in time traveller is insane but the melody could be vamped a bit more and just little things like extra snares and cowbells would make a hell of a difference.
PHL- I really like the classy oldschool/pro era vibes.
CHUBBS66- I like the creativity, not my style but good job.

I've been working on a Festival/Hybrid trap type beat. Lemme know what you guys think .

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online