Showcase - October 5-11, 2015

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
@Beautiful Noise lol wierd I see nothing but hip hop, boom bap, on this site and feel as if my trap beats are out of place. I mean Ive only heard my beats in this showcase that were trap....unless I missed someones beats? lol please point them out for me

Seems like all I hear is trap style beats, or these dudes that showcase they beats saying "so and so style beat." I SMH when I see that comparison...just do you and stop comparing your beats against other beatmakers!

Battle Points: 1
@Beautiful Noise you seem like the kinda boom bap sampling dude thats bitter at anyone else making a diff genre of music lmao. It's all love bro bro light one up and enjoy the music, its all art :p I think you completely miss the point why producers say "A so and so type beat" the last beat i posted was a travis Scott young thug type beat meaning, with their styles and cadence this is a beat that would fit them. no where along the lines am I trying to make beats like another beatmaker only trying to make the tracks I could envision todays artists on. And even if I did who made you beat maker rule giver/ monitor? lol

2ndly "a so and so type beat" attracts artists looking for that style of beat. dont hate on the hustle playboy get you one!

NatureRok

ILLIEN
i have a few trap style joints in the stash but.. hey. its all hip hop. it all has a place.. its a big culture.. the lie is that there has to be one over the other.. 1

@NatureRok exactly. lol its never the "trap" dudes hating on anyone. It's always the hip heads they feel some type of angst like hip hop and art of expression belongs to only them lol. It all falls under hip hop to me, thats why I dont call myself a "trap producer" I make hip hop that I would like to hear sometimes boom bap sometimes grimy bangers. But at the end of the day its all love man just get tired of people making all these rules up for shit lol. let people do what they wanna do and stop putting "Hip hop" in a box

John Doe

been sampling from vinyl

and

my latest beats, any feedback is welcome

these are dope!!
the first one is a bit eccentric but I like the trippyness.
the second would be cool for an interlude. Where are those drums from?

the beats are playing for me fellas.. did i do something wrong in the posting.. ? which beat was it.. the eglamour or the gigi masin flip?

try now and let me know if you all can hear them. i have them in mp3 and uploaded to host on this site as the instructions say.. let me know yo..

Nothing here yet.
good shit whoadie. keep it comin. this is straight

@namesi yooooo that beat is fire man...love your production always!! nothing bad to say. sample work is magnificent.

Peep my newest beat.

"The Season"

This is firewood bro. I would drop the drums a little sooner. but everything else is A1 fam

Boom Bap Old School from Texas I always return feed!!

2nd Prez - U KNO - Listen | Audiomack

Last edited by a moderator:

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
@Beautiful Noise you seem like the kinda boom bap sampling dude thats bitter at anyone else making a diff genre of music lmao. It's all love bro bro light one up and enjoy the music, its all art :p I think you completely miss the point why producers say "A so and so type beat" the last beat i posted was a travis Scott young thug type beat meaning, with their styles and cadence this is a beat that would fit them. no where along the lines am I trying to make beats like another beatmaker only trying to make the tracks I could envision todays artists on. And even if I did who made you beat maker rule giver/ monitor? lol

2ndly "a so and so type beat" attracts artists looking for that style of beat. dont hate on the hustle playboy get you one!

Maybe so, or maybe just frustrated is all. Believe me when I say I am doing me, just in my own lonely lane (not saying this for sympathy). Thanks for the honest feedback.

Zuance

https://soundcloud.com/ct_roet
i
Yooooooooooo, I'm really loving your sound fam! Now I don't feel so outta place on this site, which is how I was starting to feel, being surrounded by trap style beats. Your drum patterns and kits are on point. We need to collab on some beats yo!

Here's a lil som som I came up with:

Nothing here yet.
i have been following your beats for a while, im impressed. keep it up

namesi

Battle Points: 4
I finally got around to doing something but my stupid ass forgot to turn the bass down a bit before I scratched over my beat!

Nothing here yet.

REVIEWS

@Zuance
cell no. 17: I like the tune, really smooth. The drums and bongos threw me off, but I get where you're going with it. If you tightened them up it would be great.
vinyl chops: This reminds me of some late 80's stuff! Or like a breakbeat. This is perfect for an MC.

@namesi
empyrean: Very dope drums, nice and tight. The melody is so smooth, although I would just lower the volume just a bit.

@Marc Duncan
never stop: Ah man, I love the beginning keys but not when the other part (xylophone?) comes in. I would remove that. Honestly, keep those main keys and put some hard drums over it like a breakbeat. That would open it up and maybe give you some other ideas.

@Frostythedroman
irate: This is some horror movie shit! I like the creepy music but I would change up those drums and keep that main creepy music then maybe throw some movie talking over it. Is this part of an album? Just curious.

@Chad
lifted: I really like the sample at the beginning. When you chop it up that's when I'm not feeling it. I would keep the main sample like the 12-13 second mark. Use that!

@KDVS
What style is this? The vocals always throw me off especially since I don't know WTF they're saying!

@blvdbeatsdotcom
go get it: Good drums. The main keys are dope but it's like I'm waiting for something else to come in. Maybe try adding a lead instrument on top.

@TheRealAGE
the season: Very smooth! Drums are tight and I like the guitar, that really sets the vibe. I would love to hear an MC over this.

@NatureRok
masin-re: That's a really good flip, I like it! That's what I imagined someone would do with that flip. The drums tie in nicely with the sample, same vibe.

@producedbyRiff
Very smooth beat, would love to hear vocals on top of this. The only thing that was a bit off was that piano part. Maybe it's just me but it sounded just slightly out of tune.

Smooth Fade! I love the chillness of this one. Nice boom bap drums.

I wish I learned scratching. That is definitely something I would love to pick up in the future. Dope track bro!

namesi

Battle Points: 4
the beats are playing for me fellas.. did i do something wrong in the posting.. ? which beat was it.. the eglamour or the gigi masin flip?

try now and let me know if you all can hear them. i have them in mp3 and uploaded to host on this site as the instructions say.. let me know yo..

Nothing here yet.

Nice flip bro. I love the vocal samples. I think you could turn the kick down a bit in the mix. Maybe add a little more to the drums (hi hats and an open hat might work well). Keep it up bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.