Showcase - October 6-12, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcwarlock

Battle Points: 20

First beat in a while without using samples.Still struggling in quite a few areas but especially mixing...any advice is appreciated and Ill return the feedback as well.

Tylias

@bcwarlock I really dig the whole atmosphere of your beat. my only complaint would be the drums. The clap seems dry and the snare might need some "light" reverb.
As a whole though, excellent job dude, the piano and ambient sfx had me going :D

here is something I have been working on for a while (private link because its only posted for here but i need feedback from you guys before I drop the track, to answer further questions I rapped and produced it.

bcwarlock

@bcwarlock I really dig the whole atmosphere of your beat. my only complaint would be the drums. The clap seems dry and the snare might need some "light" reverb.
As a whole though, excellent job dude, the piano and ambient sfx had me going :D

here is something I have been working on for a while (private link because its only posted for here but i need feedback from you guys before I drop the track, to answer further questions I rapped and produced it.

Thanks man!I def agree about the dryness of the snare and clap(thats always something I tend to forget about!)
Your track sounds pretty dope!I like the lyrics and I like how everything is arranged.Some things to consider might be possibly cleaning up the eq stuff as it sounds slightly muddy(but it could be what your shooting for because that bass is pretty distorted...dope as hell though!)I like the clap in the beginning and the reverb on it (which as I said above is something that I don't give enough attention to in my tracks)and the rest of the drums seem to be compressed/eqd pretty nicely.The overall thing though that makes me like this track would def be your lyrics and the arrangement itself.For me the most important thing is arrangement which a lot of producers seem to be weak at but IMO if you have a shitty song and its produced really well its kinda like having a shiny turd....it may look pretty but its still a turd.So just clean up possibly with eq/mix and you've got a cool track on your hands!Followed on sound cloud too!

Tylias

Thanks man!I def agree about the dryness of the snare and clap(thats always something I tend to forget about!)
Your track sounds pretty dope!I like the lyrics and I like how everything is arranged.Some things to consider might be possibly cleaning up the eq stuff as it sounds slightly muddy(but it could be what your shooting for because that bass is pretty distorted...dope as hell though!)I like the clap in the beginning and the reverb on it (which as I said above is something that I don't give enough attention to in my tracks)and the rest of the drums seem to be compressed/eqd pretty nicely.The overall thing though that makes me like this track would def be your lyrics and the arrangement itself.For me the most important thing is arrangement which a lot of producers seem to be weak at but IMO if you have a shitty song and its produced really well its kinda like having a shiny turd....it may look pretty but its still a turd.So just clean up possibly with eq/mix and you've got a cool track on your hands!Followed on sound cloud too!
@bcwarlock Thank you so much for the awesome compliments and feedback! I will do some touching up on the track, I totally understand what you mean about production with weak placement/arrangement... and rappers that go to the "best" production but the result ends up making a "shiny turd". I laughed at that analogy but I love it haha, oh and one more thing, the fuzzy bass is intentional for a "gritty" vibe when the heavier lyrics come in, I'll still polish it up a bit though :) thanks again!

Erik

Battle Points: 8

I really like how distorted a lot of the instrumentation is.

I'm really stuck on this beat. Been working on it for a month now and can't seem to get it to knock. Any suggestions?

Tylias

Sup @Erik thanks for the add in on the distortion.
About your track... I like the instruments you chose for this beat, but if I was to work on this, here is what I would do to fresh it up.
for the intro, its nice and spacy, fits the vibe, but add some hi hats or more like 16th note percussion if you know what i mean, something to keep the attention of the listener.
for the levels of the track, its nice and balanced, but maybe use some compression and pump up the kick/snare a bit, and just a tad-bit... increase the high frequency on the snare and kick.

so yeah, my only recommended addition to it is hi-hats or some percussion similar (i.e. Shakers, Ethnic percs, etc.)

overall, good writing with the orchestra, feels big and epic!

Pouncey

EDM/Trap Producer

First beat in a while without using samples.Still struggling in quite a few areas but especially mixing...any advice is appreciated and Ill return the feedback as well.

Love this piano and the sfx mix perfect with everything, but the claps sample a little to out of place, maybe a little fx or switching it with a different clap would have made it mix better, but overall great composition and great job!

Lovin that dirty bass line!! Some parts sound a little bit statical but it's all good, I love it.

I'm really stuck on this beat. Been working on it for a month now and can't seem to get it to knock. Any suggestions?

I love these kinds of beats, gives off that cinematic/orchestra feel, overall I think it's good but it would have been sick if you would have switched it up a couple times to keep it interesting.

Finished this track a few days ago, it's sort of like Erics, with all the horns and brass giving off the cinematic type feel. This is my first time trying to make a beat like this so sound selection was key, I tried my best, any feedback is appreciated

bcwarlock

@Erik I love the sounds and instrumentation your using.One thing I would suggest though is more highs and also try to get more movement into your stereo mix either with effects or automation or something to make it more lively.
Love this piano and the sfx mix perfect with everything, but the claps sample a little to out of place, maybe a little fx or switching it with a different clap would have made it mix better, but overall great composition and great job!

Lovin that dirty bass line!! Some parts sound a little bit statical but it's all good, I love it.

I love these kinds of beats, gives off that cinematic/orchestra feel, overall I think it's good but it would have been sick if you would have switched it up a couple times to keep it interesting.

Finished this track a few days ago, it's sort of like Erics, with all the horns and brass giving off the cinematic type feel. This is my first time trying to make a beat like this so sound selection was key, I tried my best, any feedback is appreciated

@Pouncey
This is craze good bro!The only thing I could suggest for yours it is if you could somehow fatten up the mix before the bass and beat comes in,imo that part sounds a little thin….awesome beat though!

bcwarlock

Heres another beat I made…though Im not sure if this is really a Hip Hop beat or not but thats what I had in mind when I started it…although parts of it get kind of weird and it almost has more of a prog song structure IMO.

exp0

Heres another beat I made…though Im not sure if this is really a Hip Hop beat or not but thats what I had in mind when I started it…although parts of it get kind of weird and it almost has more of a prog song structure IMO.

this is absolutely epic. i love that string plucking melody in the background combined with that synthy sound.

heres my latest beat :) i would reallly appreciate any feedback or advice

bcwarlock

this is absolutely epic. i love that string plucking melody in the background combined with that synthy sound.

heres my latest beat :) i would reallly appreciate any feedback or advice

I like all of your sounds!And the chord progression is cool.Some advice would be to add more variety to the track because it gets kind of repetitive.One thing you could do would be add a lead to it that fits in w/ the chords and helps make the track more memorable.As far as Im concerned though this track is good,it just needs more added to it and you're good to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online