Showcase - October 7-13, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiobellum

Beatmaker
@Marc Duncan nice beat!! I love the break, and that sound you used it reminds of that synth on Michael Jackson's Rock With You.

This week I decided to have some fun on the keys! Just a simple groove

I didn't know we were allowed to post links to Youtube videos of ourselves playing instruments to a song in the showcase but, then again, the rules don't explicitly speak against it nor is their pragmatic criteria put in place in regards to what's constitute a beat or instrumental on this website I guess.This isn't me complaining or encouraging a specific behavior. I think the piano playing sounds good. I just didn't know people had to liberty to do this but, I'm assuming that the rules could change if more people post more Youtubes links to them performing on an instrument in the showcase. Anyway, you got skills. I do play piano as well but, I haven't played to a song before. Would you say that it takes more or less skill? Good job.
Anyway, I'm managed to upload 3 beats today and I'll share them in the showcase. Violence and Pain Inside are other attempts at trap music. I hope you gives enjoy:

Anyway, how do I make the drums sound more Trap? Any advice on mixing? I'm still able to take criticism; feedback is always appreciated.

Last edited:

dreadpoolmusic

DreadpooL Music
Battle Points: 1
I didn't know we were allowed to post links to Youtube videos of ourselves playing instruments to a song in the showcase but, then again, the rules don't explicitly speak against it nor is their pragmatic criteria put in place in regards to what's constitute a beat or instrumental on this website I guess.This isn't me complaining or encouraging a specific behavior. I think the piano playing sounds good. I just didn't know people had to liberty to do this but, I'm assuming that the rules could change if more people post more Youtubes links to them performing on an instrument in the showcase. Anyway, you got skills. I do play piano as well but, I haven't played to a song before. Would you say that it takes more or less skill? Good job.
Anyway, I'm managed to upload 3 beats today and I'll share them in the showcase. Violence and Pain Inside are other attempts at trap music. I hope you gives enjoy:

Anyway, how do I make the drums sound more Trap? Any advice on mixing? I'm still able to take criticism; feedback is always appreciated.
I hear your ideas trying to come through. Start with YouTube. There are a lot of video's out there where you can gain a lot of techniques for mixing. Also, study some of your favorite beats and break them down to single elements. Study the drum patterns. With anything, it takes practice and most of all, patience.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Digitali Musix I love the piano and build-ups on your beats, gives it excitement. Wasn't crazy about the second track but the other two were good! As for playing I would say for me it is easier to play to a song because it's more exciting, and feels more natural in my opinion.
@C-RayBeats that beat is fire!! Everything is on point and I love the drums and vocal sample!
@dreadpoolmusic Crank had me hyped, but I love crooklyn because of the mellow tone it offers. Both are really good and I like your arrangements!!

Here is one I did awhile back, mixing is not that great I know that now since i'm slowly learning but I would love to hear your feedback. Very simple, straightforward, and repetitive groove.

Delta Nine

Look at my face, mannn! - mc hammer
Battle Points: 32

For trap sounds, just chop a real dirty drum break and add compression for that xtra slap. Find a dope soul or turkish jazz funk sample. Chop that up or find a loop. Find a bass guitar add low pass filter. Add and mix everything and, voila!!! Trap house bangers all day. Hope this helps!!:up2:;)

The bass is a bit muddy, and could use a punchy kick. A bit of panning on the hi hats would sound good too. Very chilled vybe. With a little bit of mixing I think this would sound really nice

@Matt-D H.E.R. That was nice to listen too.
Sweet Rest This is a nice groove, it does get a little repetetive. Seems a bit busy in the mid bass frequencies.

@Digitali Musix Pain Inside. The composition on this is very good, the mixing and the drums on the other hand, not so much. I really like the sound selection except the snare is far too quiet, the kick is too boomy its taking up all the headroom of the mix so nothing else has much of a chance. Very good composition though.
Violence. Same problem with the kick on this one, its far too boomy, and its not punchy, its taking all the headroom.

@C-RayBeats Really like this, the mix is on point. That bass is hard. Really dope beat.

@dreadpoolmusic Crank, I love this beat, its so different. Mix is great
Crooklyn. This is another dope beat, the mix is great. Real oldskool vybe to this that I really like

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.